Author Topic: Next season  (Read 3318 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Next season
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 05:35:53 PM »
Thatís exactly it KES.  A different level now.  TV will be involved from BT Sports.   Letís hope the local businessís havenít suffered massively from the Covid situation and can find the budget to support the Club.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 07:17:50 PM »
If there is significant TV coverage of matches going forward, then prices of advertising opportunities in the ground need to reflect that .

At the same time Mr. Hearle needs to be careful not to burn too many bridges with the small local firms on the way, incase they are needed on the way down.

On a slightly different note, will we be the only PT teams in the National League next year, (if none of the FT go PT for corona costs)?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
If there is significant TV coverage of matches going forward, then prices of advertising opportunities in the ground need to reflect that .

That's fair enough, but a 150% increase?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a misunderstanding there.  That would make a £400 pitchside board now cost £1200, or an £800 board £2000!

TV coverage or not, with the financial fall out due to the Pandemic, I would have thought many sponsors (all over the country)  will be thinking long and hard about the amount they usually spend on sponsorship, let alone increasing the expense by 150%.

I cant see it myself, so l'll believe it when I hear it, or read it, from an official source.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 11:34:01 AM »
Does that 150% mean an increase in notice board uptake or is it price increase. It is not quite clear which one you mean

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 12:06:13 PM »
Come on Hill have a word with yaself.  :laughcry:.   Using the Word  Ďcostí must have given you a clue.  Plus where in the ground could 150% more boards be accommodated?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 12:08:56 PM »
Duck it wasnít that clear sorry

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 12:09:59 PM »
Come on Hill have a word with yaself.  :laughcry:.   Using the Word  Ďcostí must have given you a clue.  Plus where in the ground could 150% more boards be accommodated?

Come on Mallard. You never heard of Sky hooks?   :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 12:13:08 PM »
Sorry Hill, I will try and be much clearer in future instead of using the cost I will use the term in exchange for money. :countingmoney:

B&G. Along with wire netting seed and tartan paint.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
Could it be that it's a 50% increase..ie cost is now 150% of the original cost ?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 12:36:41 PM »
Going back to B & G comment regarding the use of Sky Hooks in my younger days I was. Scaffolder and them Sky Hooks came in very handy

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 12:38:48 PM »
Did a Long Weight come into the equation

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 01:00:55 PM »
Never did use them never had need to but I know they were available

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 01:32:15 PM »
Apparently there always used to be a supply at the Council Offices.

Always a problem when they were needed though, as the Cuckoo Clocks always had to be moved out of the way first, to be able to get to them.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 06:13:34 PM »

That's fair enough, but a 150% increase?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a misunderstanding there.  That would make a £400 pitchside board now cost £1200, or an £800 board £2000!

TV coverage or not, with the financial fall out due to the Pandemic, I would have thought many sponsors (all over the country)  will be thinking long and hard about the amount they usually spend on sponsorship, let alone increasing the expense by 150%.

I cant see it myself, so l'll believe it when I hear it, or read it, from an official source.

:scarf:

Maybe it'll be made clear in the next podcast, that have dried up all of a sudden..... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 06:20:52 PM »
We did have 3/4 Podcasts in a Week Dil.  I would think SC has had a very busy week since promotion was confirmed.   A lot of Prep to put in place in readiness for next season.   I would think he needs to get his ducks all in row.   Hopefully including pulling in a big name sponsor who can help in supporting the Club at our new level.

Canít expect the owner and the fans to fund it all.