Author Topic: Play off dates ?  (Read 3545 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Play off dates ?
« on: June 19, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »
When will the play offs take place ? I hope York City get promoted. They have the crowd and a new ground.
I went to York City last autumn, and was impressed with their support.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Play off dates ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 02:01:39 PM »
I heard all the National League play off games are being covered by BT.  Hopefully some of the NLN & NLS gamers will be covered by BT or if not available through live streaming.    We need our fix of Non League Football.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »
Gateshead are expecting their game against Brackley to be 18th or 19th July.
Other dates mentioned sem-final, 25th;  final 1st August.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 05:35:14 PM »
Seems BT Sports might be showing all the play-off games from all 3 Leagues.   Should help the Clubs with the costs of testing and playing behind closed doors.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »

@Ollie_Bayliss

Clubs have been told rough dates for National League North & South playoffs:

Eliminators: Sat/Sun 18/19 Jul
Semi finals: Sat/Sun 25/26 Jul
Finals: Sat/Sun 1/2 Aug

BT Sport is discussing showing games.

Playoff dates for the National League will be slightly different.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
I fancy Brackley or Alty to win promotion.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 09:43:45 PM »
I fancy Brackley or Alty to win promotion.

I kinda hope it's Boston that go up, if only for one nearish away game a season.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »
Chester Fc become the final club of the 12 to confirm participation in N/S play offs. It was doubtful whether they could afford to, but players and staff have agreed to return their wages for the play offs to the club, to enable them to participate. Will be tough for them without Asante, but part of me hopes they get promotion.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2020, 12:02:00 PM »
Chester Fc become the final club of the 12 to confirm participation in N/S play offs. It was doubtful whether they could afford to, but players and staff have agreed to return their wages for the play offs to the club, to enable them to participate. Will be tough for them without Asante, but part of me hopes they get promotion.

Big thumbs up to the Chester players for agreeing to this. A case of kissing the Badge rather than the cheque book. Its really good to see. I wish Chester the best of luck, if only due to the positive attitude of the players.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »
Great example set by the Chester players, maybe those a bit higher up the food chain at the PFA could take note.  Still want Boston to win the playoffs for selfish reasons (assuming we can go to football by the time the Christmas fixtures roll round) but wouldn't be upset to see the Chester players / trust join us in the NL.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
Have to agree Tony.  Seems a massive togetherness over at Chester with than fans having raised 84k plus with in two weeks of their fund launch.  Any lessons KL could learn or be prepared to learn from that ?

Like you I would love to see Boston go up.  Lynn home one week, over to Boston the next.  Subject to admission costs to be acceptable on both.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 03:18:42 PM »
Subject to admission costs to be acceptable on both.

Is it this week that we are supposed to be hearing about admission price?

Someone told me that the maximum charge The League allows is £22, so if that is the case my guess is that's what it will be.

If not, I wouldn't think it would go below £20.   :dontknow:

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 03:24:43 PM »
Yes SC said in his blog he was working on season ticket costs and general admission at the weekend.

£22 sounds about right for a seat in the stand.  Thatís only a fiver up on last season ( think I paid £17?).

Last season, ok we paid top dollar but in return we got a top of the League side.  Fair exchange I would say.    If we are struggling in the bottom 6 next season I do wonder what kind of gates we will enjoy at £22 a pop.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 03:33:49 PM »
Yes SC said in his blog he was working on season ticket costs and general admission at the weekend.

£22 sounds about right for a seat in the stand.  Thatís only a fiver up on last season ( think I paid £17?).

Last season, ok we paid top dollar but in return we got a top of the League side.  Fair exchange I would say.    If we are struggling in the bottom 6 next season I do wonder what kind of gates we will enjoy at £22 a pop.

Good question, but there's another one. What size gates should we expect if we are in top half of table if the price is set at £22?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2020, 01:41:32 PM »