Author Topic: Archie Mair - goalkeeper  (Read 1454 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Archie Mair - goalkeeper
« on: June 27, 2020, 09:31:40 PM »
We now have some serious competition for the goalie position. Archie is nearly 2 metres ! - so plenty of height there !
On loan from Norwich City (previously with Aberdeen).

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: Archie Mair - goalkeeper
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 11:40:51 AM »
Hopefully the goalposts wont be moved in the coming season!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 04:04:43 PM »
Pedro is the last man standing.    Itís comes with the higher we go.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 04:34:31 PM »

Pedro has always been one of the best (if not the best) Keepers at whatever level Lynn have been playing at in recent seasons. He has been a massive part of the Clubs success and I believe still has a lot to offer at the higher level we are now  at.

Having to compete for his place next season is something I'm sure he will understand and expect as we progress through the league's.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:50:53 PM »

Pedro has always been one of the best (if not the best) Keepers at whatever level Lynn have been playing at in recent seasons. He has been a massive part of the Clubs success and I believe still has a lot to offer at the higher level we are now  at.

Having to compete for his place next season is something I'm sure he will understand and expect as we progress through the league's.

:comeon: :comeon: My opinion on this one is exactly the same as yours. We really do need to have competition in all positions on the pitch, not saying we need 2 players per position, just people who can cover other positions, obviously a goalkeeper was needed as we really have to have a back up on the bench this season, whoever it maybe. :comeon: :comeon:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 09:31:13 PM »

:comeon: :comeon: My opinion on this one is exactly the same as yours. We really do need to have competition in all positions on the pitch, not saying we need 2 players per position, just people who can cover other positions, obviously a goalkeeper was needed as we really have to have a back up on the bench this season, whoever it maybe. :comeon: :comeon:

Even if Archie Mair does become No.1 this season, Pedro will still be called upon for - fair few games, as Archie is likely to be involved in Scotlandís U21 set-up, and the National League doesnít stop for internationalís, and I think you need 3 absent internationals to apply for a postponement.

A fair few ifs in their, but it shows the level Lynn have climbed to in that internationalís my have a genuine impact on Lynn.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 11:07:56 PM »
Is this loan signed sealed and delivered??