Author Topic: Jamar Loza  (Read 1952 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Jamar Loza
« on: July 02, 2020, 04:46:06 PM »
 :scarf: Jamar Loza has been signed by KLTFC, the old Norwich connection reemerging, welcome on board. Does this mean Adam Marriott has gone? Not the most prolific striker but been around our new level for a few seasons now.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Jamar Loza
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 05:21:48 PM »
:scarf: Jamar Loza has been signed by KLTFC, the old Norwich connection reemerging, welcome on board. Does this mean Adam Marriott has gone? Not the most prolific striker but been around our new level for a few seasons now.

A good signing. Not exactly a like for like for Marriott, but a good player.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 06:16:22 PM »

A good signing. Not exactly a like for like for Marriott, but a good player.

It seems to have gone very quiet on the Marriott front at the moment, hopefully he stays and proves himself again at a higher level for KLTFC, but it is quite obvious we are his back up plan, however as Mr Cleeve stated a while ago, not all teams will play to his strengths and if he does leave he may well be a bit part player.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 10:04:43 PM »
Strong pacey and good with either foot

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 01:14:31 PM »
Looks a good signing although slight reservations when he talks about now being a winger more than a central player, generally I think IC has had more success when his side has been set up without a dedicated winger.  Wonder if this seals Marriott's fate or whether this is still enough in the budget to keep him too?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 01:39:47 PM »
Maybe Tony, IC is looking To add another strong his bow In terms of formations etc.  Could be a less raw version of Simon Power?

We have signed a left sided defender, a wide player and a keeper.  Subject to no offers for Marriott from a League Club ( maybe just the wrong time in Football and the wrong age). What do people think we need.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 02:09:29 PM »
Maybe Tony, IC is looking To add another strong his bow In terms of formations etc.  Could be a less raw version of Simon Power?

We have signed a left sided defender, a wide player and a keeper.  Subject to no offers for Marriott from a League Club ( maybe just the wrong time in Football and the wrong age). What do people think we need.

I feel we definitely need a proven goal scorer at this level. If Marriott stays or goes I feel we are light on attackers, last season when Gash or Marriott were injured we struggled up top and it will be a lot harder next season to score those goals, competition for places is vital.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 02:27:19 PM »
Currently as forwards we have :
Gash, Southwell, Loza plus Hawkins and Henderson (who showed he could play up there when Marriott was injured).
I feel one more forward....probably a younger version of Gash, who knows where the goal is and has a decent turn of pace who can come on for Gash for the last 20 minutes and grow into the Gash role. I believe we signed Southwell for decent money/ on a decent contract and he now needs to take the opportunity to deliver the goods.
As Marriott didn't sign when offered terms, I will be surprised if he is in the squad for next season.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 02:52:21 PM »
DR65, 'proven' goalscorers at step 1 won't come cheap so not sure where the money would come from?

K80, of that list I didn't understand retaining Hawkins (2 starts this season at step 2 should tell its own story) and assume we offered Southwell a multi year deal which looked like desperation at the time and even more so now that we will be playing in step 1 next year - Halifax let him go for a reason.  I admit I was proved wrong with Henderson as I didn't think we could fit him into the starting 11 at step 2 but he and the other lads in midfield generally stepped up to allow him to continue to do what he did so well at step 3, whether that can apply in step 1, I have my doubts but happy to be proved wrong again.

Given that the model under IC has been quality over quantity, if Marriott does sign I think that may be it in terms of attacking options (I think IC thinks of Kelly as an attacker as much as a midfielder).  Still think right back and central midfield are more pressing areas.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »
The idea of a proven goalscorer isn't viable IMO, fitting a player into a system and giving them confidence can turn someone who's sparse on goals, into a goalscorer, and vice versa. Marriott joined having struggled to score level higher, then when Lynn went up, he proved he could easily score at that level. Southwell we've not seen much of, but few seasons ago he proved he could score at Step 2, so could go same way and score at Step 1 with confidence inserted into him, and a sytem that gets him chances.

Scott Quigley was at Halifax in 18-19, returned poor numbers, following season ended up top goalscorer as he helped Barrow to promotion.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2020, 04:37:51 PM »
Tony, I think Ross Barrows could make a decent step 1 right back. Certainly got the legs and the pace.  Not sure if Arron Jones has.   Then again there are question marks against many of our players as they step up a level.  However they certainly weren’t disgraced v Dover and Ebbsfleet in Cup games.

With regard to Daryl Southwell he has proved he can score goals at step 2 and with a pre-season etc with IC I would bet money he will be one a better player.  I wouldn’t under estimate that extra % that IC gives to each player. CM roles we have Jarv, Carey, Richards and Clunan competing for places.  How about Cameron King coming back.  Class act and wasn’t getting a massive amount of starts at Halifax last season.

Like KES I would like to see a Gash type player signed.  Someone who can get you up the field while others look to get in touch with him and play from there.   At 34 it’s a big ask of Gash to do 90 mins at this level as a part timer.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 07:08:57 AM »
DR65, 'proven' goalscorers at step 1 won't come cheap so not sure where the money would come from?

K80, of that list I didn't understand retaining Hawkins (2 starts this season at step 2 should tell its own story) and assume we offered Southwell a multi year deal which looked like desperation at the time and even more so now that we will be playing in step 1 next year - Halifax let him go for a reason.  I admit I was proved wrong with Henderson as I didn't think we could fit him into the starting 11 at step 2 but he and the other lads in midfield generally stepped up to allow him to continue to do what he did so well at step 3, whether that can apply in step 1, I have my doubts but happy to be proved wrong again.

Given that the model under IC has been quality over quantity, if Marriott does sign I think that may be it in terms of attacking options (I think IC thinks of Kelly as an attacker as much as a midfielder).  Still think right back and central midfield are more pressing areas.
Agreed strikers not cheap,however lots of opportunities to pick up players who have been league players and have not had their contract renewed,also if  or indeed when Marriot leaves the money he is paid will be spare. I believe players will be looking to sign contracts with clubs as they aswell as us realise the big money in the lower leagues is not there anymore.  Players realise they still need to earn as many will have young children but a contract on lower wages is better than no contract.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2020, 11:36:20 PM »
On YT videos of action with previous clubs, Southwell looks a really good bet.  I hope he gets a real chance to get that “wanted” feeling that enables people to perform at their best, in any area of life.  Any news on Simon Power ?  Certainly good enough to do well at level One.