Author Topic: Champions  (Read 3947 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Champions
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2020, 12:33:47 PM »
KES, having the seen the scenes from Soho on super Saturday then what the Lynn players were doing is small potatoes.   

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
It's all about context tho Mall.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2020, 01:17:26 PM »
To me that is all about scale KES.  Risk assessment and all that.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2020, 02:34:14 PM »
Sorry Mall, to my mind that's a load of cobblers.....risk assessments have already been done... that's why social distancing is a requirement

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 02:48:42 PM »
I respect your views KES ( as always).  Just think if Boris has deemed that young people can go drinking in pubs and decide to open it all up for the first time on a Saturday.  With the media out there dubbing it Super Saturday, then in truth what did people expect.?   I would wager those scenes at The Lord Nap were happening all over the Country ( well nearly all).  I would suggest the pics we have on on here of the Linnets is a minor gathering compared to other videos/ pics that can be seen.

Iím not saying itís right, Iím saying itís what you would expect.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 03:41:29 PM »
Yep, can't argue with your last sentence...... ultimately the problem lies with those at the top IMO.... absolute shambles

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2020, 03:42:29 PM »
Just think if Boris has deemed that young people can go drinking in pubs and decide to open it all up for the first time on a Saturday.  With the media out

Young people.   :laughcry:

:oldman" :oldman" :oldman"

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2020, 03:46:31 PM »
Yep, can't argue with your last sentence...... ultimately the problem lies with those at the top IMO.... absolute shambles

Not so sure on that one Kes. I'm sure that the people at the top haven't got it 100% correct, but the general population has to take a big part of the responsibility on themselves.

The Govt have actually said that if it all starts getting out of hand, they will apply the handbrake very quickly.

They have been warned!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2020, 03:59:47 PM »
As we are not a communist country people are free to make their own choices and take their own decisions on what actions they take. As both my daughters work for the NHS I wonder what the response would be if they turn around and said. It's your own fault so we refuse to treat you. I can hear the screams of anger and the foul mouth tirade form here. :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »

Not so sure on that one Kes. I'm sure that the people at the top haven't got it 100% correct, but the general population has to take a big part of the responsibility on themselves.

The Govt have actually said that if it all starts getting out of hand, they will apply the handbrake very quickly.

They have been warned!

Yes B &G and they keep saying that but doing very little or acting too  late (Leicester) because they haven't put adequate systems in place.. The problem is "adhere to advice or we will act "has been undermined so many times that it's almost ignored by many.......so although many still do the right thing, many don't and that is at least in part due to Boris and his entourage.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2020, 04:13:21 PM »
As we are not a communist country people are free to make their own choices and take their own decisions on what actions they take. As both my daughters work for the NHS I wonder what the response would be if they turn around and said. It's your own fault so we refuse to treat you. I can hear the screams of anger and the foul mouth tirade form here. :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Totally agree with that sentiment and if the government had been stricter and led by example, there would be less room for manoeuvre for those that want to flout the rules

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »

They have been warned!

Yes B &G and they keep saying that but doing very little or acting too  late (Leicester) because they haven't put adequate systems in place.. The problem is "adhere to advice or we will act "has been undermined so many times that it's almost ignored by many.......so although many still do the right thing, many don't and that is at least in part due to Boris and his entourage.

Confidence has been eroded so much, that advice is being ignored. Though that does enable the blame to shift from focussing at the top to the bottom. Conveniently.

Does seem smart business by Boston picking up Fryatt if true.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2020, 05:35:41 PM »

Fair enough Kes.

So what do you think should happen to the people in the picture, who it would appear are ignoring Social distancing rules? How would you like the Authorities to now act as it appears that these people have not adhered to the advice?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2020, 06:22:24 PM »
The problem is B & G, that the message has been so undermined that large numbers of people are now choosing to ignore the government advice. It's therefore very difficult to take action because it means taking action against tens of thousands.....in short the government has lost control of a significant sector of the population. Had the rules been clearer, stricter and not undermined, those breaking the rules would have been significantly lower in number and policing it would have been far easier.

I do hope that someone senior at the football club has a word.
With success comes the requirement for increased professionalism in the face of increased  media exposure.

At a time when the National League has 18 of it's clubs adhering strictly to rules and testing on a regular basis, in order to make play offs work, it's perhaps not the best time to be posting pub pictures like the one seen earlier.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 06:52:06 PM »
As this was clearly a celebration of the club gaining promotion could it be that a Senior Club person has signed off on this gathering ?  If so how can they then condemn it ?

I would have thought that if the hierarchy at the Club knew nothing of this gathering they would have issued some form of press release to distance themselves from this get together