Author Topic: Next season's prices  (Read 3108 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Next season's prices
« on: July 15, 2020, 07:47:37 PM »
Standing £20.

Earlybird £19 (purchased 6 days in advance)

Season ticket £380 standing.

Outer seats in stand different prices to the ones in the middle.

Middle will be £25. £22 for outer seats, £21 for earlybird. Season tickets will be £575 for middle seats (no discount on this) and  £420 for outer seats..

Presidents Club replaces VIP Club. Price £1200 a season (season ticket for seat in stand, one course hot meal, program, parking space).

All relayed to me via someone listening to Chairmans podcast.

Club website will have all information on the above tomorrow afternoon.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Next season's prices
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 11:54:13 PM »
Standing £20.

Earlybird £19 (purchased 6 days in advance)

Season ticket £380 standing.

Outer seats in stand different prices to the ones in the middle.

Middle will be £25. £22 for outer seats, £21 for earlybird. Season tickets will be £575 for middle seats (no discount on this) and  £420 for outer seats..

Presidents Club replaces VIP Club. Price £1200 a season (season ticket for seat in stand, one course hot meal, program, parking space).

All relayed to me via someone listening to Chairmans podcast.

Club website will have all information on the above tomorrow afternoon.

Well I wonít be getting a season ticket this year. Thatís considerably higher than most league teams.

Was anticipating low £300ís for a seat, not £420.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 06:56:50 AM »
Certainly aimed at testing peopleís pocket.  I hope they have got it right.

Think fans will pay those figures if Lynn are going well. If they are bottom 6 then gates might look somewhat different to last season.   

Prices are very much what I was expecting going on previous years figures.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 08:53:49 AM »
Understand why middle section of the stand is more expensive, but why no concession price?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 09:53:07 AM »
I would think the Club thinks they can sell that area out without having to offer the fan any incentive needed to buy a season ticket.    Supply and demand.  Limited amount available so able to charge top dollar without having to give anything back.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
Not asking for an incentive, but surely common practice to offer reductions for senior citizens and children, especially when tickets are cheaper at a League 1 club just down the road and under 12's go free. Plus the chances are a season ticket holder will not attend every game due to illness, holidays or family commitments and probably 3 home games will be on TV.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
I would think the Club thinks they can sell that area out without having to offer the fan any incentive needed to buy a season ticket.    Supply and demand.  Limited amount available so able to charge top dollar without having to give anything back.

Hardly limited supply. As I understand it there are between  100 and 150 season ticket holders so plenty of availability. As I am 65 this December that's me screwed. Cheers Mr Cleeve. Peterborough looks even better value and at 2 levels higher

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 01:33:49 PM »
Well I wonít be getting a season ticket this year. Thatís considerably higher than most league teams.

Was anticipating low £300ís for a seat, not £420.

LL, really unsure how you would get to 'low £300s' for a seated season ticket - £345 equates to £15 per game which would price a seat at £2 less than standing in a league below last year - that is one hell of a discount for a season ticket imo.  Just looked at the Peterborough site and looks like £349 standing, £439 seated but I think they are still in their 'discounted' period.

Since reformation we have had owners who have consistently valued the product at the Walks at the 'top end' of most fans expectations but, certainly under the current owner, we have had to rely on benefactor loans to financially dope our way through the season so something, somewhere doesn't add up.  Personally, I was expecting £20 for standing based on £17 last season at a lower level and the introduction of the Earlybird discount makes buying match-to-match a relatively easy decision.

For those who still want a season ticket, maybe the Trust GDF raffle is the way to go and even if you don't win at least the money will go to developing the Walks

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »
Concession season ticket £340, an increase of£90 on last season.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 02:04:47 PM »
Why buy a season ticket for the centre block at £575 when with 23 home games at £25= £575, the same as the season ticket.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »
Concession season ticket £340, an increase of£90 on last season.

Are there concessions then? It was £260 before the Warrington game lst year for the stand
If there no concessions it will be an increase of 61% to £420 lets hope there are for the over 65s

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2020, 03:09:54 PM »
Linnet, there are concession season tickets for the side seating (but not the centre block - yellow seats?) at £380.

So just to rework your maths, this represents a 33% increase (after accounting for the extra games) on the £260 that was the price for Southern League football when we were watching the likes of Royston, Needham Market and St Ives whereas this season coming we will be up against sides who are almost all full-time, hardly comparable?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2020, 03:11:45 PM »
Ah so there are concessions but still an increase of 46% for the blue seats

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2020, 03:12:29 PM »
still an increase of sizeable proportions

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »
especially as we lost 6 games this last season and no promise of refunds if the season is truncated again