Author Topic: Next season's prices  (Read 3110 times)

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Next season's prices
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2020, 03:14:58 PM »
Linnet, there are concession season tickets for the side seating (but not the centre block - yellow seats?) at £380.

So just to rework your maths, this represents a 33% increase (after accounting for the extra games) on the £260 that was the price for Southern League football when we were watching the likes of Royston, Needham Market and St Ives whereas this season coming we will be up against sides who are almost all full-time, hardly comparable?
Tony it was £260 at step 2 last year against York and the like so a big increase for one step up

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2020, 03:42:26 PM »
All this talk about being too expensive, letís look at the facts.  Stephen Cleeve has subsided the club since he game in to the tune of circa 500k.  At some point that has to stop.  So now he has pushed back and is seemingly saying if you want top class non League Football at The Walks, then this is the cost.   Itís up to the fans now to decide.

Iíve just listened to his podcast and his comment that even with 1500 season ticket holders this would not match the budget for this season.  That indicates to me that the budget is set at between 400k and 500k. ( extracting the VAT)

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2020, 03:57:06 PM »
All this talk about being too expensive, letís look at the facts.  Stephen Cleeve has subsided the club since he game in to the tune of circa 500k.  At some point that has to stop.  So now he has pushed back and is seemingly saying if you want top class non League Football at The Walks, then this is the cost.   Itís up to the fans now to decide.

Iíve just listened to his podcast and his comment that even with 1500 season ticket holders this would not match the budget for this season.  That indicates to me that the budget is set at between 400k and 500k. ( extracting the VAT)
Thanks Mallard Indeed we can decide and of course we don't yet have the support of TV payments or large scale commercial support so we can't easily compare like with like but these are the season ticket prices for 19/20 for some Premier League teams

Sheffield Utd £402 Everton £420 Leicester £365 and West Ham £320

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2020, 04:10:59 PM »
Obviously by whacking the price up by that amount it shows he has little confidence in his commercial team to bring in income? Last season he increased the price,crowds doubled and still not making enough to run? :bankrupt:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2020, 04:14:00 PM »
Not asking for an incentive, but surely common practice to offer reductions for senior citizens and children, especially when tickets are cheaper at a League 1 club just down the road and under 12's go free. Plus the chances are a season ticket holder will not attend every game due to illness, holidays or family commitments and probably 3 home games will be on TV.

Season ticket at Norwich is £499.50.

I make it a cost per game of £21.73.

Over 65's £14.71, Over 75's £13.28.

As we all know, Norwich games are usually sell outs, irrespective of the level they play at. So I believe it's safe to assume that they don't need to offer these prices just to entice people to the games, but really value their supporters.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »
The new Presidents club is an interesting development. £1200 sees a 50% hike in cost.  However they have improved the car park, you get an improved programme.   Plus no more cold buffet.  Now itís a main course hot mean.  No longer from the 3 chefs from the George.  Will the quality drop off? 

The cost per game is just over £52 per game.  So that gives a cost of £27 for Prog, car park and a main meal.   Seems good value for money if the food is decent.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2020, 04:33:43 PM »
Thanks Mallard Indeed we can decide and of course we don't yet have the support of TV payments or large scale commercial support so we can't easily compare like with like but these are the season ticket prices for 19/20 for some Premier League teams

Sheffield Utd £402 Everton £420 Leicester £365 and West Ham £320

As you say, not comparing like with like.  Looking at figures for 17/18 (found in the Guardian online), Leicester match gate receipts account for 8.5% of income, Everton 8.1%, Sheffield Utd not in figures and West Ham changed stadiums that year, but basically adding (or subtracting) £100 from a season ticket isn't going to have a material impact on their total revenue as PL teams are run on TV money, ticket prices are basically whatever someone thinks will fill stadiums so that they have a decent backdrop for the cameras.

At non-league level (even National League where there is a TV deal in place) I would expect matchday revenue to still form a massive proportion of total income so basically the club has little option to 'get what it can' from supporters.  I also think we should stop thinking there are queues of companies out there just waiting to be asked to sponsor the club, particularly in a post-COVID commercial world.

Nemesis

• View Profile
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
I guess people will look at it in the terms of perceived value for money. They are bound to compare whatís available at the likes of Carrow Road and London Road.  Should that really be the way at looking at things. ?   Maybe more realistic is to think am I Prepared to watch my team play for £19,   Or 16.50 for a season ticket?

I would suggest a successful Lynn team will bring the crowds in.  The problems will come if the team is not successful.   

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2020, 05:48:08 PM »
Mallard  £16.50 per game is only for seniors who have a season ticket

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2020, 06:12:26 PM »
Mallard  £16.50 per game is only for seniors who have a season ticket

ADULT: Ground only Ė £380.... by 23 games =16.50 ish.  Unless you have a different abacus to me

Club benefits by the fans handing over the cash early.  The fan benefits by saving 2.50-3.50
Per game.  Win win

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 06:14:57 PM »
The match day  ticket price doesnít seem too bad, itís more the relative lack of discount for a season ticket thatís put me off from getting one. £290 for 21 games (was the same proce for seating and standing 19/20) to £420 for 23 is a big leap in one year. Gone from £13.80 per game, saving £3.20 or 18.8% off per game, to £18.26 per game, a saving of £2.74 or 13.4% (If my sums are right). Prices are up, but the discount has also gone down. This differential compares unfavourably with most clubs, whatever the level.

Iíll still go to games, but itís not worth getting the season ticket anymore.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2020, 06:38:55 PM »
With England playing Wales at Wembley behind closed doors on Oct 8th.  It does make me wonder when the season will be allowed to start with crowds in.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
One of the main reasons I get a season ticket is that I donít have to queue and it also helps the Club

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2020, 07:26:04 PM »
Hill, no one could ever doubt your commitment to the Club.  Season ticket holder.  12th man member.  Sponsor of player(s), and no doubt anything else that involves putting your hand in your pocket to give to the Club.    Stephen Cleeve needs more like you.