Author Topic: Next season's prices  (Read 3274 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Next season's prices
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 09:56:52 AM »
Pricing does look to be at the top end of what might have been expected. However, this appears to be what is required to make things work with the current model, so I hope everyone gets behind the club and supports their home town team.. ....after all it's the current model that has brought the lovely football and unprecedented success of the last 3 seasons.

I don't think, personally comparisons with Norwich or Peterborough are valid. Norwich are subsidised by huge Sky money and they are not our home town club. I live and work in Norwich, now, have done for the last 20 years, but prefer to travel when I can to see Lynn...I haven't been to Carrow Rd for 5 years.
Peterborough are not the home town team either and if you're traveling from Lynn, add on your costs of getting there each week into the equation of course

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 11:36:24 AM »
Listening to Boris this morning - “From October we intend to bring back audiences in stadia in a Covid-secure way subject to the successful outcome of pilots."
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
Since the resurrection of the club by Buster, everyone has craved to play higher and higher, last season the monentum and enthusiasm for the National League increased .............................
Now we have got it AND no one appears to want to pay to watch it!  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
How about people like myself who cannot afford that so with a very heavy heart will no longer be watching the Linnets

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2020, 01:31:39 PM »
Since the resurrection of the club by Buster, everyone has craved to play higher and higher

Sorry Graham, but I really don't know where you get that idea from. Whereas everyone enjoys watching a successful team, I believe the majority of supporters would opt for a level that is sustainable and affordable for both the Club and the Supporters.

However, differing opinions is one of the things that make like interesting.   :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »
Pricing does look to be at the top end of what might have been expected. However, this appears to be what is required to make things work with the current model, so I hope everyone gets behind the club and supports their home town team.. ....after all it's the current model that has brought the lovely football and unprecedented success of the last 3 seasons.

The "current model" that has brought success in recent seasons appears to have been based on the Club borrowing more money than its competitors, enabling a higher playing budget than otherwise would have been available. Probably to the tune of £400,000 to £500,000 by now.  :dontknow:

That's a tidy sum to borrow over a three year period.

I guess that's the cost of success.  :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2020, 01:54:25 PM »
Since the resurrection of the club by Buster, everyone has craved to play higher and higher

Sorry Graham, but I really don't know where you get that idea from. Whereas everyone enjoys watching a successful team, I believe the majority of supporters would opt for a level that is sustainable and affordable for both the Club and the Supporters.

However, differing opinions is one of the things that make like interesting.   :scarf:

I think I am nearer Graham's view.  Given the fact that step 2 is probably living 'beyond way our means' currently without a sizable injection (NOT INVESTMENT) by SC every season, we still had plenty on the forum over Christmas looking for the squad to be strengthened for a promotion push in the new year. 

I appreciate that the forum may not be indicative of the supporter base as a whole but when you look at take up for things like 50/50, 12th man, ground squares and the pitch cover collection(s) its pretty clear that the existing supporters are either unable or unwilling to back the club financially to the necessary degree for the level that IC's squad have attained.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2020, 01:58:26 PM »
As I said in a previous post....its a sad day when purchasing a ticket to watch the game, buying refreshments at the ground isn't deemed as good enough anymore... :laughcry:

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
I agree that it has to be viable and I guess that these prices are reflected in the busines plan for the coming season and the "estimated"revenue these prices generate will go some way to achieving the figures required. I dont think the powers that be have just plucked some figures out of the air and thought lets stick it to 'em!
Everyone I know wants Lynn to be as high up as possible, surely thats why we all go and turnout in the numbers we do and this is the price for that craving and the success generated on the pitch.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2020, 02:05:27 PM »

I think I am nearer Graham's view.  Given the fact that step 2 is probably living 'beyond way our means' currently without a sizable injection (NOT INVESTMENT) by SC every season, we still had plenty on the forum over Christmas looking for the squad to be strengthened for a promotion push in the new year. 

I appreciate that the forum may not be indicative of the supporter base as a whole but when you look at take up for things like 50/50, 12th man, ground squares and the pitch cover collection(s) its pretty clear that the existing supporters are either unable or unwilling to back the club financially to the necessary degree for the level that IC's squad have attained.

Tony.

Graham said everyone. I think you will agree there's plenty of people who would opt for sustainable and affordable football, and the safety of the Club going forward.

I fully agree with your second paragraph. The lack of support for the fund raising activities shows what the Club is up against. I'm of the opinion that the only way we can hope to stay at the current level that we find ourselves at, is by the Club  continuing to borrow from the Chairman.

I just can't see that  enough supporters will be willing to fund Mr Clerves dreams to the extent he wants them to. Previous fund raising efforts not only failed to raise enough money, but also showed how few individuals were willing to put their hands in their pockets.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2020, 02:09:14 PM »
My main gripe is not that the prices have increased, but its the lack of a concession price for the centre seated area, especially for my 6 year old grandson who has been coming with me off and on for the last couple of seasons.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2020, 02:10:12 PM »
I have been waiting for over 60 years to see Lynn in this league and would rather stop paying for Sky Sports. You have got to pay a reasonable price for the league we are now in and am happy to.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2020, 02:12:33 PM »
Tony.

Graham said everyone. I think you will agree there's plenty of people who would opt for sustainable and affordable football, and the safety of the Club going forward.

Apologies, I hadn't picked up on the 'everyone' bit as I would certainly not count myself in that group, wanting to play higher than UCL - yes, wanting to play 'higher and higher' - no, not until such time as it was financially viable.  So yes, I would agree there are plenty who would opt for 'sustainable and affordable' although I fear that is a smaller minority than either of us would hope was the case.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2020, 02:32:31 PM »

So yes, I would agree there are plenty who would opt for 'sustainable and affordable' although I fear that is a smaller minority than either of us would hope was the case.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. From what I hear and see it appears that there are as many people voicing concerns and don't approve of the new ticket pricing than there are wanting to go higher and higher. How much that is down to the fact that it looks as if they are now expected to pay for it themselves, I don't know?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2020, 02:36:34 PM »
My main gripe is not that the prices have increased, but its the lack of a concession price for the centre seated area, especially for my 6 year old grandson who has been coming with me off and on for the last couple of seasons.

Appreciate we can all look at pricing from a personal perspective (good for me who can buy my ticket 7 days in advance and only see a £2 increase) but realistically there are not that many yellow seats and if the club can maximise it's income from those seats then I guess that is something that it must do.  I haven't sat in the stands too often but I would have thought if you are going with a 6 year old you could still get a good enough view from a blue seat?