Author Topic: 20/21 Season and fans  (Read 1773 times)

Linnet

• View Profile
20/21 Season and fans
« on: July 17, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
Work from home advice changing
An office

But the PM says the government must also "hope for the best" and as a result he wants to st out plans for a further easing of the lockdown, upating the government's road map.

The guidance for returning to work is to be updated to give employers more discretion of where their staff can work from.

While at the moment, staff are being advised to work from home where possible, in future staff will be encouraged to use public transport and talk to their employers as to whether they can return safely.

From 1 August, there will be a slew of new freedoms, including re-opening indoor performances.

He also says he hopes that spectators will be allowed to return to football stadia from the middle of October while confirming that wedding with 30 people will be able to go ahead.

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: 20/21 Season and fans
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 11:46:38 AM »

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2020, 02:58:29 PM »
So is this saying football may return no earlier than 5th September but no fans?
I guess the assumption is that Social Distancing Guidelines will have changed by then.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jul/17/grassroots-guidance-for-competitive-football-restart-in-england-170720
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2020, 03:42:12 PM »
So is this saying football may return no earlier than 5th September but no fans?
I guess the assumption is that Social Distancing Guidelines will have changed by then.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/jul/17/grassroots-guidance-for-competitive-football-restart-in-england-170720

With it seeming that some fans may be allowed in in October, I wonder if they’ll push back the start of the season until then, rather than making a lose for the first month or so.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2020, 03:59:21 PM »
It sounds like Non League Football at Kings Lynn’s level won’t be able to resume until mid Oct as with no fans it’s no money.  This despite Stephen Cleeve’s claims that clubs like York could stream games  to 40,000 fans at a tenner a throw. 

If the League does kick off mid Oct, will clubs be able to get 46 League games in.  ( Euros at the end of the season)?    I guess there will be no money spinning ( for some some) FA Cup.  Also clubs like Lynn benefit from having League Clubs down for pre-season friendly.

I Presume with social distancing still in place that the fans will be allowed to bring their own food and drink to the games. ( for those moaning about the cost of admission, that could prove a good saving)

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
I believe Lynn are exempt until the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup given their new status.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2020, 07:39:40 PM »
It's biting deep in other sports.

Apparently there will be no speedway in the UK this year.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2020, 04:28:35 PM »
Bury await National League decision from Football Association

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53555576

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2020, 09:04:18 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
 · 47m
The National League plans to start on Sat 3rd Oct.
Step 2 will begin that day with the FA Cup.
Final games will be on Sat 29th May with playoffs in June.
The League says it’s likely that crowd numbers will be significant reduced due to the social distanced capacity of grounds.
---------------------------
Doesn't mention Step 1
I assume that having taken into account social distancing for directors (minimum 40) and press (minimum 12) there will still be enough room for social distanced season ticket holders that have bought seats for the centre block.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”