Author Topic: Mazza  (Read 2453 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Mazza
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 09:45:30 AM »
Ps
I do actually agree with much that you say Dilly (though you may not think so from my post)
What I feel personally, that is missing from your reasoning isthat last season and especially the one coming, Lynn are not playing on an even field. Last year some of the sides were full time...this season most are. Lynn have to find a way to bridge the fitness and strength gap...

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 10:54:14 AM »
Agree on the fitness difference, but I don’t on strength which I think is the most over-rated quality in the game.  I worry that all managers, etc, say the same cliches - strength, character, put the foot in, etc, and Chairmen give them the job when they hear those cliches in the interview, mistaking them for understanding the game.  Pep is always Mused by in-depth questions on deep tactical imaginings by interviewers, and answers them with as short and sweet answers as he can !  I don’t deny those “qualities” exist, but I don”’t think they cause victories, usually.  Anyway- absolutely nothing personal. - I just watch and listen to what’s going on, not what they’re telling me is going on, just to keep the wage packet !  Have a nice day - honestly !!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2020, 11:36:44 AM »
Dilly do you think having the same qualities As displayed in the Prem League applies to Non League Football ?

Can I ask have you been watching the Non League play-off’s.   If not have a look as an example at the Halifax goal scored at Borewood.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 11:22:46 PM »
No, Mall, I didn’t see the play-offs.  I did however see a lot of games at The Walks last season, and was impressed by the standard of most of the teams, KL included, of course.  I often read beforehand that a particular team was “ big and strong” and that we’d have to match that first...  but when I saw the game it seemed to me that the opposite was true.  We heard the same about Slough, but they turned out to be “quick and slippery” !! ( that phrase again !!).  I couldn’t understand why Lampard tonight left out Pulisic and Pedro, in a match they really had to win.  Relevant to our conversation, I believe...