• View Profile
Mazza
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:17:56 PM »
Worth 20 quid a game ,massive signing

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Mazza
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 05:56:16 PM »
Now that has made my day, absolutely great news and I was at the walks this morning and I had no idea it was about to happen

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 05:59:51 PM »
The news that many have been waiting to hear.

In terms of numbers where does that take us up to ?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 06:00:30 PM »
Excellent Agree MA and all Great boost

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 07:23:43 PM »
Excellent news, now just another centre half and Jarvis job done. Well done Mr Chairman, IC and everyone else involved  :scarf:

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2020, 07:50:17 PM »
Fantastic news.  More season tickets options will, I am sure, will now be taken up.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
Fantastic news.  More season tickets options will, I am sure, will now be taken up.

Main problem with Season Tickets is the "No Refund" policy.  :red card:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 11:22:28 AM »

Not transferable either, meaning if you can't get to a game, for whatever reason, nobody else can use your ticket.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »

Not transferable either, meaning if you can't get to a game, for whatever reason, nobody else can use your ticket.

You mean other teams allow this?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2020, 03:09:56 PM »
A problem with the season ticket is the fact there’s a killer virus about !  So the small matter that we might have season tickets and no season !  BUT - great news on AM.  No more defenders or cloggers needed, just another quick and slippery midfielder.  Pulisic would do nicely !......

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »
No one has never suggested Cloggers, but with squads likely to be restricted to 20 and Lynn already having plenty of midfielders,a tall athletic, physically strong central defender and a defensive midfielder, to put a foot in, add a measure of calm and distribute well around the park (if Jarv doesn't sign), would seem to be the obvious choices.
IMO we already have plenty of slippery performers and some real pace going forward.
The NL will represent a big jump up physically, just because most train full time........however Lynn's football will be too much for some in the league if we can match them physically.
In open play I think we will do well and Loza adds pace and strength and the new goalkeeping addition also has good height. For set piece defending though I would like a tall strong quick central defender and defensive midfielder added to the squad

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2020, 10:57:50 PM »
Nothing personal KES, but our teams would be entirely different !  I believe all that stuff we hear from pundits, managers etc are all myths to make themselves sound like they know something we don’t !,  Myths we never hear about now are former myths like...  “That Holding role” (!),  “That Number 10 position “(!) .... etc..  9 times out of 10 when the commentator says so and so “showed his strength” there was no contact !  And when there is “physicality” it is virtually always a foul !  You’ll never hear Pep G involved in daft “tactical” discussions, or even answer questions about it in interviews, all he does is pick nimble players in every position apart from Centre halves, themn play those “ just sitting” off the park.  I love his smirk in interviews !  Tell you what though, we’ll be doing something wrong if we don’t get some really good stuff from Southwell - a very mobile player indeed....

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2020, 06:43:30 AM »
Maybe Dilly that why Pep is a massive 18 points behind Klopp, got dumped out of the FA Cup by an average Gunners side and got beat at Carrow Road by the League’s whipping boys.. :laughcry:   just saying like.

Now if you look at Liverpool’s midfield they had a player like Henderson who wasn’t afraid to ‘put a foot in’
All about balance and having the tools to do the job

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2020, 10:41:01 PM »
Pep’s record is second to none.  His Barca were the best the world has ever seen, and his Man C have been exceptional in this country too.  Liverpool won basically by having a superb attacking three that no one could stop, and the 3 attackers were all exactly the sort that Pep always fills his teams with,
.  Henderson is Mr Average, and wouldn’t get in a Pep side.  All opinions, of course !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 09:36:15 AM »
Nothing personal Dilly, but my side would be much different to yours......you see I would have McAuley and Gash in my side every day,  because they get stuck in as well as being able to play....and IMO are central to Lynn's success...they win the ball and bring others into the game and now in the NL I believe we need another one or two like them.
I realise Pep wouldn't pick them and realise you wouldn't either as they are not especially slick or slippery as you would describe.....so while I am also of the opinion that attack is the best form of defence, you have to have a balance in the side........just of course ,my opinion but I think  your team of 11 slicks and slipperies would still be playing lovely football in step 3 of the non league.

Just opinions of course ha ha