Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 2207 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Next Season
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »
So we have to wait a little longer before the full composition of the league is known.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53570421

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 05:11:44 PM »
On the subject of next season is SCís Podcastís now taking a Sabbatical until next season?   It must be a few  weeks since his last one.

Still like to hear one with IC on the game in general.   Maybe one with Neil
Fryatt on his varying roles at the club.

Any other suggestions ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 06:14:45 PM »

Still like to hear one with IC on the game in general.   Maybe one with Neil
Fryatt on his varying roles at the club.

IMO, both of those suggestions would command a good audience.   :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
With restrictions going too be put in place with regard to limiting numbers into grounds it makes perfect sense for those wanting to watch Football at The Walks in October to buy a season ticket.   Least that way you will be guaranteed admission.

Must be a logistical nightmare for the Club once itís determined how many fans will be allowed into the ground.  Members from the same family can sit/stand together yet others have to kept two metres apart where possible.  How will people be kept from moving around the stadium ?   What about use of toilet facilities.

Nightmare

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 10:46:06 AM »
With restrictions going too be put in place with regard to limiting numbers into grounds it makes perfect sense for those wanting to watch Football at The Walks in October to buy a season ticket.   Least that way you will be guaranteed admission.

Must be a logistical nightmare for the Club once itís determined how many fans will be allowed into the ground.  Members from the same family can sit/stand together yet others have to kept two metres apart where possible.  How will people be kept from moving around the stadium ?   What about use of toilet facilities.

Nightmare

Very much so.

So many other things that have to be taken into account.

For example, players travelling to games. You can't fit many on a Coach and still observe social distancing. Will they all need to travel in their own personal vehicles?

As we get more into the "new normal", I'm sure many other things will pop up that we hadn't even considered.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 12:32:51 PM »

Nightmare

Very much so.

So many other things that have to be taken into account.

For example, players travelling to games. You can't fit many on a Coach and still observe social distancing. Will they all need to travel in their own personal vehicles?

As we get more into the "new normal", I'm sure many other things will pop up that we hadn't even considered.

Will likely mean the club will need to introduce allocated seating, and mark out zones on the terraces. How long terraced zones would be adhered to when a match kicks off, is a different story.

Earlier saw that there was talk of no away fans when fans are allowed back in, to try and minimise the confrontational nature of some matches. Wonder if that will be part of the plan.

It also struck me as a bit odd that the season is due to start on the 3rd of October, but the international friendly serving as a trial for crowds isnít until later in the month, meaning that the first few games will be without fans (as it stands). They could have gone for a November to June season.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »

Will likely mean the club will need to introduce allocated seating, and mark out zones on the terraces. How long terraced zones would be adhered to when a match kicks off, is a different story.

I don't envy the H & S guy who's responsible for that one!

I know the subject has been raised previously, but was a figure ever given for the amount of people the ground can hold while observing social distancing regulations?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »
In the last podcast the figure quoted by SC and MH. Was 20-30% of capacity.... which is 900 worst case, 1350 best case scenario.  It was also mentioned that if numbers being  permitted to attend was low then those looking to pay on the gate would be paying more than the already advertised price.

Captain Sensible

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 04:20:33 PM »
A prolonged and enforced sabbatical forces me to look for entertainment elsewhere. Having watched numerous reruns of Dave, England's previous European exploits, and some rather underwhelming non-league playoffs and other various mind-numbing programs I find myself drawn, like a moth to a flame, to the ramblings of a podcast.
Itís now clear that these are obviously not to promote a business, but more to stroke an ego. None the less, it is still good for a few minutes giggling and diverts attention from the more serious issues facing the world these days.
This one however does leaves me wondering. Just as our Government seem to be preparing us for a 2nd wave of the virus and further lockdowns, are we as a Club being prepared for a second wave of the dramatic events we suffered in 2009.
If we start on the subject of season tickets, which on the one hand we are informed are selling very well, then on the other, we are told that some are holding back on buying them as they wonít get their money back if the season falls apart. Basically the usual case of someone appearing to be claiming success in one area, but not being responsible for any shortcomings in another. Quite a common theme these days.
In this case, the fact that there is a no refund policy appears to be illegal. Quite easily checked on gov.org website. In fact it appears illegal to even advertise that you donít offer refunds. The Gov.org website states "Itís illegal to display any notice that deliberately misleads consumers or deceives them about their rights, for example a sign that says you do not accept returns or offer refunds."
Wouldnít it be prudent to check these things before going to print and go off half cock? If the reason behind not checking such things is due to the cost involved, a quick check on official websites that are available to all of us would surely be advised. Itís what they are there for!
The podcast states that no refunds would be offered as it would bankrupt the Club. That's a really worrying statement to make and begs the question of how tight the finances are already. The reason that they may be very tight is irrelevant to this question. It does not matter if itís down to mismanagement, overspending, Covid19 or a combination of all. If giving refunds would bankrupt the Club, then let supporters know the true extent of the finances and any black hole we are looking into. The supporters who are being asked to assist financially deserve and need this information to be able to make informed decisions, especially if they are being asked to purchase non-refundable season tickets.
If refunds of season tickets would bankrupt the Club, what will happen if there are insufficient sold? It must equate to the same thing! As an example, selling £10,000 of season tickets then having to refund £10,000 equals zero income. Not selling £10,000 of season tickets also equals zero. Is the Club really that dependent upon selling a certain amount of season tickets to avoid going bankrupt before the season even starts?
Due to social distancing restrictions, there could be as few as 500 allowed in to watch the games. If thatís the case, it was said that the price of a match day ticket could go as high as £30. With past experience of how such things appear to happen I would suggest that people be prepared for this irrespective of the capacity of the ground being 500/1000/1300. Some people never miss the opportunity to charge more!
This brings us on to the program.£3.50 for a 64-page effort! I guess we can expect 3 or 4 pages of ramblings about whatís wrong with the game and the world in general, and if the Commercial department get their act together, the majority of the remainder will be filled with adverts. How many people will purchase this at £3.50?  When compared to our illustrious neighbours along the A47 who sell theirs for the same money, and offer 116 pages and were the winners of the Program of the year award, it appears expensive.
This is Kings Lynn.£3.50 for a match day program? Good luck with that one! Learn by previously made mistakes. Lynn fans may want success and to play at a higher level but financially the majority of them only want to turn up on the day, pay their entrance fee, have a bit of a swear at the Ref and Lino, see Lynn win and then go home. This is something that previous owners had to learn the hard way and it appears to still be the case as evidenced by the rather embarrassing amounts donated to the club's last two fund raising attempts. For me itís not just the relatively small amounts raised, but also the small numbers of individuals that donated.If the Club is now going to rely on going back to the same small number of people time after time, and apologies if I have missed any new initiatives,we are on a hiding to nothing. Expecting enough people to spend between £40-£50 on a Saturday afternoon, which is what it will be when you take into account admission,travel cost,parking, refreshments, programs etc, is expecting far too much of them.It may be what someone wantís so as to be able to fund his own business interests, but in reality is unlikely to happen. All adds up yet again to lack of Commercial thinking and awareness which we have experienced previously.
So, confirmation of no pre-season friendlies. Understandable reason why and as to be expected. We are informed that we were expecting two clubs from Division one and one from a higher division. Personally Iím surprised that any professional club would even contemplate travelling to Kings Lynn with all the risks and costs involved due to the virus, but who am I to dispute that this was really going to happen or not? Iíll leave that one on the table for people to make up their own minds.
On the subject of tableís,I assume this is where news of the new shirt sponsor is at the moment,as we are informed that they are to be announced in the next few days or weeks.
Well, which is it?Next few days or weeks? Deja vue? Maybe Walker Design will be up for it? Well I suppose it is important to make sure any new Sponsor is a good fit for the Club. We are fortunate to always have so many Business's interested each season.
A mention that no League clubs at Walks for pre season friendlies is a disaster as the money from that is relied on. Well ,I guess the majority of businessís world wide are in the position of not being able to trade as they have previously and are in same boat.
It was also mentioned that personal finances have been hit. Again thatís the same as the majority of people but I would think those that have pushed everything to the limit and borrowed considerable sums will suffer more than others.It really baffles me when on the one hand someone bemoans the fact that personal finances have been hit but obviously does not take on board that Supporters income have also been hit,and just thinks and expect them to pay more and more all the time.Has it ever been considered that there is another option where you spend less and therefore donít require as much income?
It was mentioned that Fryatt and Fox were not invited to the Championship presentation.An oversight made by someone else and not the Chairman.Now thereís a surprise!
A suggestion.Let the Head of Media run through these Podcasts prior to them being released.Hopefully the Diane Abbott like Gaffs can then be avoided!
As usual thereís nothing to get excited about with this podcast although in my opinion ,it did come across as a big hint that the money required was no longer available to support the Club alone.
If thatís the case, whatís next?
Have a listen and form your own opinion.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 06:16:49 PM »
Blimey Captain does SC owe you money or has upset you in some way ?

It is understandable if one person cannot finance a club in these troubled times.  Though I do agree that the appeals by the club appear to have fallen on deaf ears.  I am at a lost to understand why.  Even Dereham have raised as much, if not more from the fans than Lynn. 

I wonder if as you say only 500 fans will be admitted into the ground ( where does this figure come from?) will Stephen Cleeve look to stream the games to all those who cannot attend ?   Big chance for him to put his beliefs into practise.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 09:11:40 PM »
Hmm, looks like the "divide & conquer" tactics, re the support base, used by past & present owners is now bearing fruit. 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 02:16:44 PM »
Probably a fair point Marcus, although somehow it has always seemed that the owners were pushing on an open door on this front.  The key question is how can this be changed and almost as importantly, who has the trust (lower case t) of enough of the 'divided' groups to start the ball rolling?  Heck it's hard enough to get the two formal supporter groups to co-ordinate their actions even though they probably share a reasonably common membership base (I don't have the figures so that is just a guess)

Listening to the most recent couple of podcasts, there is obviously genuine bewilderment on SC's behalf about the money KLTFC can raise when asking for fan donations compared to other (in his eyes) comparable clubs.  What I don't think he understands is many of us who were around in 2009, still feel the pain of that time and whether you agree or disagree with The Cap'n, what a lot of this boils down to, particularly for this group of fans, is how distrusting we are of owners in general and the path SC has followed which many think we have seen before, particularly in terms of racking up debts and the club overreaching itself on the pitch without the wherewithal off it to back up. 

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »
Weymouth win National League South Play Off Final.

Boston 0-0 at HT.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 04:37:32 PM »
15 mins left at York St, Boston 1 down