Author Topic: Next seasons Squad  (Read 1809 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Next seasons Squad
« on: August 06, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »
Keepers.     Mair, Street

Defenders.   Jones, Barrow, Brown, Smith,  McAuley. McFadden (?) Fleming.

Midfield.       Jarvis, Clunan, Richards, Kelly, Henderson, Carey, Power, Hawkins, Joza

Strikers.       Southwell, Marriott, Gash

Is that it ?  Or any areas you think need adding to

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Next seasons Squad
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
Need to add Fleming in there somewhere, if Fleming isn't able to hold his own then think we might be a defender and/or a defensive midfielder short.  Can't see Jarvis being able to play consistently at NL level, particularly if we end up with a condensed schedule, so moving him into the 'squad player' column does leave us short unless we are planning on playing 4-2-4 with two wingers! 

I personally don't understand the Power signing from either clubs perspective.  For Lynn he adds to an area we have depth in (probably means a lot less opportunities for Carey who might end up out on loan) when we are told budgets are tight and for Norwich, I assume they are willing to accept what would probably be less game time (Loza ahead on paper?) for the convenience of having him being able to train with them?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 10:07:02 AM »
I wonder how much the playing budget is for that lot!

500-600k?   :dontknow:

That does not look like a squad that's preparing to just consolidate itself in the National League................more like ones that going for promotion!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:25:40 AM »
I would think 600k would be the benchmark for the National League.  Some of the really ‘ambitious’ clubs are paying out much more than this.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 05:38:23 PM »
I would think 600k would be the benchmark for the National League.  Some of the really ‘ambitious’ clubs are paying out much more than this.

Going on MH saying 1500 would not cover our wage bill I presume we come far over 600k? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 06:05:26 PM »

Going on MH saying 1500 would not cover our wage bill I presume we come far over 600k? :dontknow:

Not really - I think he said 1500 'standing' season ticket holders wouldn't cover the wage bill. 

1500 x £380 = £570K, less the VAT comes to £475K, still a good chunk of money but not £600K, although I appreciate all any of us are doing is speculating at a figure.

Obviously the comment from MH was a worry as we (like most many other non-league sides) are heavily reliant on turnstyle income compared with clubs further up the pyramid and even if you allow for additional income from seated season tickets and non-season ticket holders paying a bit more on a match by match basis there are still concessions that will counter balance this so heaven only knows were the funds are coming from for things like electric, travel etc

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 06:27:59 PM »
.....and that's before you add in Cameron King !!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 08:02:43 PM »
Tony I would hope there will be a big up turn with regard to income.

TV Monies from BT Sport
League money ( 60-70k this past season?)
Full time commercial Manager.
New Sponsorship deals ( back and front of shirt) so should reflect where we are now.
64 page programme advertising
Prices of board advertising at the ground should bring in some serious money.

I just read in The NLP that figure quoted for this coming season for Nation League sides is 90k. If the Lynn figure is 450-500k. Then there is 20% of the budget gifted.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 08:41:11 PM »
Tony I would hope there will be a big up turn with regard to income.

TV Monies from BT Sport
League money ( 60-70k this past season?)
Full time commercial Manager.
New Sponsorship deals ( back and front of shirt) so should reflect where we are now.
64 page programme advertising
Prices of board advertising at the ground should bring in some serious money.

There's lots for MH to go at (probably more than ever before) now we are at this level, with all the USP's mentioned above. The Club must be an attractive proposition these days, for Companies looking to get their name out there both Nationally and locally.

I seem to remember the Chairman mentioning that there was now a financial guy in place, so the objectives/targets/what's required etc should be very clear, and everyone will know what's expected of them.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 08:53:11 PM »
thought cameron king was going to league club

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 08:54:10 PM »
Need to add Fleming in there somewhere, if Fleming isn't able to hold his own then think we might be a defender and/or a defensive midfielder short.  Can't see Jarvis being able to play consistently at NL level, particularly if we end up with a condensed schedule, so moving him into the 'squad player' column does leave us short unless we are planning on playing 4-2-4 with two wingers! 

I personally don't understand the Power signing from either clubs perspective.  For Lynn he adds to an area we have depth in (probably means a lot less opportunities for Carey who might end up out on loan) when we are told budgets are tight and for Norwich, I assume they are willing to accept what would probably be less game time (Loza ahead on paper?) for the convenience of having him being able to train with them?

Will Power still be allowed to train with Norwich on his ‘off’ days? Wouldn’t this be crossing bubbles under the restart rules.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 08:56:54 PM »
Loughborough.  I think all the part time players will be crossing over bubbles as well.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 09:28:19 PM »
.....and that's before you add in Cameron King !!!!

Crewe will be very disappointed if that happens!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »
Aha ! Weedled it out of you B & G. :laughcry: :laughcry:
Crewe are League 1 next year... that's quite a jump from NL.

They already have a CK with a number 10 on his back in the form of Charlie Kirk.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2020, 11:44:44 PM »
If Mallard’s list is correct, and I believe it is, then it may well be difficult to keep every player happy.  It just looks as though some will be lucky to get a regular game, although there is a lot of travelling, and games will come thicker and faster than usual.  I hope we don’t try to sign a defensive midfielder because like the trendy phrase “ that holding role”, I don’t think there is such a player.  For me, defensive midfielders are midfielders who can’t play an overall game, and managers who rely on them usually end up getting sacked !  Attack is the best form of defence !