Author Topic: Droylsden  (Read 579 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Droylsden
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:58:09 AM »
I just saw this. Very sad news.
Unfortunately, I don't think they will be the only one.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
Premier league got to start helping lower leagues out. Imorale wages premier league players get. Perhaps we should all cancel our Sky Sports contracts.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 12:26:32 PM »
Premier league got to start helping lower leagues out. Imorale wages premier league players get. Perhaps we should all cancel our Sky Sports contracts.

Premier League players and their Clubs receive ridiculous amounts of money, but excessive wages is not only a problem for the Premier League. Lower Clubs and players are very often just as guilty.

Any money filtering down to lower levels should also be ring fenced for specified projects. If not, the danger is that some crazy Chairmen will just chuck it at an ever increasing players budget, creating a self perpetuating problem.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »
I get the impression you don't like the chairman !!!!!!!!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
I get the impression you don't like the chairman !!!!!!!!

I said crazy Chairmen, not the Chairman.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 01:46:32 PM »
I get the impression you don't like the chairmen!!!!!!!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:52:57 PM »

Given that in 18/19 season there was £140m paid to EFL clubs in 'solidarity payments' (there is also a trickle down to steps 1 & 2 of non-league but I couldn't quickly find that number), I guess some EPL clubs might say this is already 'helping out', as B&G has said as much of the problem is then how those clubs choose to spend this money.  I am not defending the crazy wages at EPL but their justification is they are competing in a global market and the reason why they can command the massive tv rights is by clubs attracting the some of the worlds best players (at a cost). 

The generally accepted figure for 'sustainable' is wages is around 70% of income yet clubs up and down the leagues seem happy to point the finger elsewhere even though they know they are paying well in excess of this figure.  When the pandemic hit we heard lots of comments about using this as an opportunity to 'reset', lets see if the salary cap can get any traction in the EFL and hopefully, in time, it will then come into the NL along with some sensible fair play rules with appropriate sanctions for those found to be breaking them.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 02:33:48 PM »
Thinking back to one of Stephen Cleeve’s podcasts, I recall him saying that Player  wages for clubs would reduced By some. 20-30%    Is this what has allowed IC to increase the size of the squad for this coming season.  We currently sit at 21.  I recall there were times last season when we went with 3 on the bench which On the odd occasion included Paul Bastock.

Then again Mark Hearle on a later podcast said that season tickets of some 1500 would not pay the wage bill.   So as supporters who do we believe ?