Author Topic: Non League Football  (Read 2035 times)

gs50

• View Profile
Non League Football
« on: August 09, 2020, 06:09:51 PM »
Just came past Gt Yarmouth stock car Stadium the place was heaving how come we can't start opening up the non league football stadiums.Whats the difference ! !

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Non League Football
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
I read stocks and Greyhound racing were all systems go at Caister Road.  Yet  Football Friendlies at all levels down to step 7 have to be played behind closed doors.   

I think the figures in Norfolk for the  week ending 4th Aug  were people testing positive   Was 4 people per 100,000 population in the County.

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 06:38:35 PM »
Knights Hill car boot heaving with people when I drove past earlier. Social distancing?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 07:20:23 PM »
Have to feel for Football clubs especially those with open Stadiums.  Our Club surely could handle a few hundred in for a friendly.   We are in a relatively low risk area.  Where some high risk areas are in semi lockdown,  then why not have less restrictions on the less vulnerable areaS in the Country ? 

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 07:34:20 PM »
From Twitter:
"Kyle Clapton-Matheson
@LvIgnite
Abandoned- @Heyford_Ath  2-1 @MarstonSaints, game called off due to social distancing not being adhered to!"

"Heyford Athletic
Soccer ball
@Heyford_Ath
·
Aug 8
Game called at half time. Ref wasn’t happy with group not socially distancing at the side of the pitch, and after a long delay whilst waiting to hear from a league representative @MarstonSaints  call it a day."

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 07:42:09 PM »
Interesting admin.

However I wonder if the ref, Lino, coaching staff, plus say 30 players had all been tested to play and if not how would they Social distance on the field, with sweat, spit, coughs, blood  and god knows What other body fluids flying around ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 10:12:30 PM »
Went passed adrian flux stadium saturday on way to work.....it was packed and the crowds looked pretty close together from what I could see.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2020, 10:19:14 PM »

I think the figures in Norfolk for the  week ending 4th Aug  were people testing positive   Was 4 people per 100,000 population in the County.

The news I heard was that the R rate in East of England was falling, but was rising in the rest of the country.

:dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2020, 08:16:11 AM »
Falling despite the fact we have a larger than normal number of people staycationing in the County.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 03:25:33 PM »
I see Norwich are working on letting 6,000 fans in to watch games from early October.  Think Carrow Road is around a 27,000 seater stadium.   The interesting thing is they are being permitted to do some ‘test’ events in Sept.  Will Lynn be able to do the same ?  If so a few fans might get to see some pre season Friendlies

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 12:42:28 PM »
I see the idea of a wage cap in the National League ( rumoured to be 900k) has been shelved.   With wage caps on place in Leagues One and Two.  It seems now that there will be certain Clubs that we come up against who will have a higher wage bill than clubs in League Two.

Remember the days when Football was talking about a re-set button being pushed.  Madness

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 12:51:41 PM »
I see the idea of a wage cap in the National League ( rumoured to be 900k) has been shelved.   With wage caps on place in Leagues One and Two.  It seems now that there will be certain Clubs that we come up against who will have a higher wage bill than clubs in League Two.

Remember the days when Football was talking about a re-set button being pushed.  Madness

Madness indeed. We'll could well be seeing better teams at National level than we will in league one and two.

Reset button to self destruct button at the stroke of a pen!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
I’ve just had a look at Ebbsfleet’s latest figures that have been released.  Turnover of around 1m with a lose of 2.5m.   That’s 3.5m outgoings.   Players wages were 2m.   All that for a team that was relegated.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 08:45:47 PM »
Great news this for the Non League game.  Should be comfortable accommodating a few hundred in a ground