Author Topic: Non League Football  (Read 2141 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: Non League Football
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 08:52:31 AM »
Only for steps 3 and below which seems fair given how their seasons were ended.  I guess they may provide some additional data for those a bit higher up the pyramid as to when we can hope to have fans in grounds and at what level.  I still think anything much above 25% at the Walks this side of Christmas will be wishful thinking

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 09:12:14 AM »
 Presumably theres now a chance our supporters will be allowed in to our friendly against Stowmarket?   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 02:09:28 PM »
Presumably theres now a chance our supporters will be allowed in to our friendly against Stowmarket?   :dontknow:

Really don't think we should be putting any such thoughts into people's heads.  New guidance from the FA issued here
https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/aug/19/updated-guidelines-for-return-of-spectators-190820

But won't apply to NL/NLN/NLS as classed as 'elite' - something SC was fully behind when play-offs were being considered, unfortunately NLN and NLS got bundled into this nonsense then and will have a pretty difficult argument getting reclassified.  I never understand the desire to go and watch a training session so am just hoping things are clearer come the start of October (or whenever the NL decides it is appropriate to start)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »
Good news for Local Football Supporters

Following communications from the FA it can be confirmed that the 2020/21 Thurlow Nunn League season will begin on Saturday 5th September 2020.

September fixtures for the Premier Division will be released later this evening. Some outstanding issues need to be sorted before early fixtures for the other divisions can be be released.

So we might be starved of watching The Linnets until at least October but for those who need their fix of watching the Non League not long to wait now.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 07:25:40 PM »

Really don't think we should bany such thoughts into people's heads. 

Reasonable enough question. They either can or canít and if they can, supporters are quite capable of making their own minds up.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 07:28:24 PM »
Good news for Local Football Supporters

Following communications from the FA it can be confirmed that the 2020/21 Thurlow Nunn League season will begin on Saturday 5th September 2020.

September fixtures for the Premier Division will be released later this evening. Some outstanding issues need to be sorted before early fixtures for the other divisions can be be released.

So we might be starved of watching The Linnets until at least October but for those who need their fix of watching the Non League not long to wait now.

Any further news as to where u21ís will be playing their home games?

Will it now be Walks afterall?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »
I thought they were playing at Downham ?  I guess cricket might clash for a few weeks so will they be able to play at The Walks for the opening games?

With the Lynn fans starved of Football since March might bring in some decent gates ( and much needed revenue) for a few weeks.   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 10:45:13 PM »
I thought they were playing at Downham ? 

I believe that was the plan but apparently the two clubs haven't agreed on terms yet.   :dontknow:

Hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »

I believe that was the plan but apparently the two clubs haven't agreed on terms yet.   :dontknow:

Given the announcement from the FA, I hope they at least start the season playing at the walks. Will give the club a chance to test systems for when/if the first-team are allowed to play in front of reduced crowds.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »

Given the announcement for the FA, I hope they at least start the season playing at the walks. Will give the club a chance to test systems for when/if the first-team are allowed to play in front of reduced crowds.

Very much so. If its true and the ground share deal at Downham has not been finalised yet, then it coukd be a blessing in disguise. :scarf: