Author Topic: Fixtures.......  (Read 2645 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Fixtures.......
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 09:13:15 AM »
Well I'm going along with a lot of the other posts. I am not going to buy a season ticket. The club seems to be making up its own laws.
Getting rather fed up with , Give, Give, Give, all the time. Time the club started to show some respect for the fans, and stopped thinking they are made of money.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2020, 10:07:36 AM »
Think the decision is final Lough.  I guess if there were to be any appeal it would have to be quick with the fixtures coming out in early Sept.

That’s our local derby changed.   Notts Co now ?

From the statement , their is no more recourse to FA appeals, leaving CAS as the only body they could go to, but given the deductions are for non-payments in the first place, it’s unlikely they’ve got deep enough pockets to take it there.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
Local derby could be Boreham Wood in Hertfordshire?

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 01:19:00 PM »
Local derby could be Boreham Wood in Hertfordshire?

From a browse on Google Maps, Notts County is closer, but Borehamwood is quicker to get to, ground to ground.

Notts County on Boxing Day would be a cracker. In normal times at least.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2020, 07:56:25 PM »
I have nowhere near as much know-how about the running of the club, especially the financial Hargy and bargey..
However, I’m definitely in the camp, if there is one, that thinks SC is the best thing to happen to this club since Peter Tough should have been in the England squad !  No (!), the doubters might be right and we could implode, but fingers crossed for the man “who bought a football club”, as far as I’m concerned !  Only disappointment so far is the Friendly list.  League clubs respect the standard we’re now in enough to appreciate that friendlies against NL clubs are serious work-outs, not friendly testimonial type games for youngsters - so I think we should have tried for a league club.  BUT, there are some good friendlies there too, so only a muted complaint.    Now we need to get this virus sorted.  Peter Tough might have the answer in his bucket !......

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
Peter Tough now there's a name from the past. Lovely left foot.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2020, 11:06:56 PM »
I have nowhere near as much know-how about the running of the club, especially the financial Hargy and bargey..
However, I’m definitely in the camp, if there is one, that thinks SC is the best thing to happen to this club since Peter Tough should have been in the England squad !  No (!), the doubters might be right and we could implode, but fingers crossed for the man “who bought a football club”, as far as I’m concerned !  Only disappointment so far is the Friendly list.  League clubs respect the standard we’re now in enough to appreciate that friendlies against NL clubs are serious work-outs, not friendly testimonial type games for youngsters - so I think we should have tried for a league club.  BUT, there are some good friendlies there too, so only a muted complaint.    Now we need to get this virus sorted.  Peter Tough might have the answer in his bucket !......

Talking of buckets,anyone seen Stan lately? :dontknow: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2020, 07:54:37 AM »
Would Bevan be allowed to video Friendlies  :dontknow:

If so, what time lag to get it on YouTube?

Not being "tech savvy" is there a way of transmitting live stream and how much would it cost on a secure link and fans could pay?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2020, 08:17:46 AM »
Just been reading the Dover Ath, owners comments on where they are a concerning this coming season.  Disappointedly he sees the season starting at the end of Oct not the beginning.

Maybe we will see a staggered start to our season with Clubs in area’s with a high R rating not getting under way at the same time as clubs in areas where the R rating is low.   I know it sounds a logistical nightmare but these are are very strange times.   In the same way games will be cancelled at the drop of a hat ( look at people returning from France). Then maybe games can also be arranged or the-arranged very quickly.

Just a thought

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2020, 08:58:32 AM »
The simple thing to do would be to have ban on away supporters which would stop the spread of the Virus.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2020, 09:41:11 AM »
The simple thing to do would be to have ban on away supporters which would stop the spread of the Virus.
Or allow x amount to travel buy tickets prior  ( own arrangements made to travel )
Yes I see where you’re coming from but it seems football is being treated differently.... go to any beach today they’ll be holiday makers there , cinemas opened , other events going ahead , and as someone mentioned ( saw for myself ) the car boot at knights hill .... that was  a breading ground last week packed out  !!! 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
With you on that boys but.  Take Halifax as an example if West Yorks is in temporary lock down how can home games be played with even a restricted gate?  Then how can a team from a lockdown area travel elsewhere to fulfill a fixture.

*. Not sure if Halifax is in the area that is on restrictions, just using it as a ‘what if’

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Whatever was going on at adrian flux arena last saturday....stock cars I think....it looked rather packed to me....so what's the difference in standing watching that event???....how long does a stock car meet last?....never been to one??

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
With you on that boys but.  Take Halifax as an example if West Yorks is in temporary lock down how can home games be played with even a restricted gate?  Then how can a team from a lockdown area travel elsewhere to fulfill a fixture.

*. Not sure if Halifax is in the area that is on restrictions, just using it as a ‘what if’
agree mallard , this season I can see either cut short or stop start throughout as like you say
‘Halifax’ lock down means poss 3-4 games pp and then how do they then fit them in an already busy schedule ??  Just hope we have a good start can see ppg deciding  next seasons outcome .... 🤞 hope I’m wrong

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2020, 03:43:36 PM »

agree mallard , this season I can see either cut short or stop start throughout as like you say
‘Halifax’ lock down means poss 3-4 games pp and then how do they then fit them in an already busy schedule ??  Just hope we have a good start can see ppg deciding  next seasons outcome .... 🤞 hope I’m wrong

I hope they write into the league regulations who an incomplete season will be decided before it kicks off, to save all the wrangling we’ve had this year.