Author Topic: Backroom Staff  (Read 3723 times)

NORMSKI

• View Profile
Backroom Staff
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »
With another person announced today we are certainly building a strong/large off the field team
Does anyone know if the additons from last season are employed by the club or are they doing their work voluntarily as part of a course.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
Re: Backroom Staff
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 05:14:33 PM »
Voluntary plus cash in hand where appropriate, that was recently offered but NOT taken.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »
Voluntary people at the club have enjoyed payment, in the form of free admission.  Thatís worth at least £20 this year.   No different to cash in hand is it ?

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 09:07:26 AM »
Do they Mall?
 I thought the reason the guy selling the 50/50 tickets stopped at 2.55 was because he had had to pay to get into the ground and intended to watch the game.

Happy to be corrected if wrong.

newlinnet2019

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 09:23:28 AM »
Do they Mall?
 I thought the reason the guy selling the 50/50 tickets stopped at 2.55 was because he had had to pay to get into the ground and intended to watch the game.

Happy to be corrected if wrong.

You're absolutely right Kenny. I saw him a few times lining up to buy a ticket when I was buying mine and was quite surprised when he told me he was buying a ticket for himself and not for someone else!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 10:55:43 AM »
I thought the 50/50 was run by FOTL not the Club directly?  Likewise I stand to be corrected.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 11:18:57 AM »
And that is why the proceeds from the 50/50 are woeful. A gate of over 4000 and a 50/50 prize either side of £200 on that day.

Sadly some people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Volunteers are worth their weight in gold so treat them accordingly rather than take the juice!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 02:53:43 PM »
Volunteers are worth their weight in gold, and need to be treated well.They need to be treated with respect. It needs to be understood that  they are volunteers and not employed staff.

Personally, I don't think that entitles them to, or should expect, any freebies such as free entry. That defeats the objective as far as I'm concerned.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 06:00:52 PM »
Sorry but I don't agree with that, full stop.
 If I volunteer to do something I am quite happy to cover my own expenses.
 I don't expect to have to pay to contribute to the organisation to help them.  :red card:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »
Then by definition you are accepting payment, as you would be attending the event anyway.. You are doing a job for which you are being rewarded by accepting free admission.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 06:23:01 PM »
Not sure what that means Mallard. Volunteering can mean helping all sorts of organisations , very few of which would want to charge admission.
Volunteering means giving up your free time to help others, either through an organisation or to an individual.

Why would you pay to do so?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 06:33:54 PM »
a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.

a person who works for an organization without being paid.

If you were attending the match anyway and received free admission then does that not mean you are receiving a gratuity ?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »
if the vouteers didn't volunteer they would have to be paid then they can use the money to buy the ticket. How's  That.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2020, 07:15:20 PM »
That squares the circle!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2020, 07:39:54 PM »
Quite simple, if you're not sure simply ask the taxman.

If you receive a benefit in kind, you are not a volunteer.

Any benefits in kind are taxable, therefore anyone who receives or expects a benefit is not a volunteer (you can't be taxed for giving your time for free).

Chairmen of Trust run clubs pay for season tickets.

If someone is expecting any benefit for work they do for a club, they are not volunteering their time. They are receiving a benefit in kind.

Sorry, but I don't write the laws of the land.

I wouldn't expect any benefit in kind for any organisation I was offering my service to on a volunteer basis.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!