Author Topic: Backroom Staff  (Read 3722 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Backroom Staff
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2020, 07:46:31 PM »
Do the stewards and St Johns pay? :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2020, 09:46:45 PM »
Hmm, perhaps the people who question any "perks" that volunteers may or may not get, should volunteer themselves. Problem solved, everybody happy.  :countingmoney:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2020, 10:26:52 PM »
Well said Marcus some people are never happy unless they are moaning or slagging the club off

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 08:56:26 AM »
All about opinions.   The Club can ill afford to be handing what is 1000s of freebies. Season ticket holders last season ( including you I guess MA Hill) have donated their part of the unused season ticket money. We have had warchest speaks etc.  SC is on record as saying if this season goes tits up no season ticket refunds as it will send the club pop.  Ask yourselves how much does it cost Stephen Cleeve to get in every week ?

So if people are volunteers then they should be paying. If they are being remunerated for being there then drop the word Volunteer. 

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 10:03:38 AM »
I wonder in that case then whether Mr Caesar pays....I am sure in part of his "article" recently he stated that he does what he does for free.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 10:42:45 AM »
Maybe best to lose the word volunteer and stick the the thread title.   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 12:28:35 PM »
I wonder in that case then whether Mr Caesar pays....I am sure in part of his "article" recently he stated that he does what he does for free.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Interesting comment Dillli.

May be a case of watch this space!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 12:48:58 PM »
Some people are never happy unless they are moaning or slagging the club off

I've not seen any criticism of Club. What's basically been said is that some are in favour of the way you do your volunteer work for the club.

You give your time for free, don't expect any perks, buy a season ticket, and first to put hand in pocket for any initiatives that Club runs (and indeed Trust has run in the past).  I know there's others that do the same, and surely this is what Mr Cleeve has been trying to achieve.

That's what a volunteer is, and they do a valuable job. Very unlikely a Club such as Kings Lynn could function without such people.

Obviously they also need other back room staff.

As has been said, all about opinions.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 12:52:50 PM »
Hmm, perhaps the people who question any "perks" that volunteers may or may not get, should volunteer themselves. Problem solved, everybody happy.  :countingmoney:

That's been tried by some and the offer refused.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2020, 03:38:53 PM »
Good speech Marcus.   To that end is there a link to join FOTL and/or The Trust ?  Also can anyone advise if there are any vacancies on either committee.   I take it there is no issues with belonging to both organisations.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
 You can join the Trust here

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/membership.php
Committee members are elected.

If the FOTL would like a membership form on here - while the club website is being completed - I'm sure somthing can be arranged.   :farmer:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »
Thanks admin.  One done.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
Well said Marcus some people are never happy unless they are moaning or slagging the club off

Can't actually see onn this thread where the club or volunteers are being slagged off? More of a discussion over if they get in for free or if they pay?  :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2020, 04:56:09 PM »
Griss its nit picking or why bring it up ,I sell programs so I guess I am a volunteer and I always buy a season ticket and do I get paid of course not so why do I do it you may ask I do it to help the club

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »
All credit to you there M Hill, and anyone else who helps out the club yet still insists on paying admission.