Author Topic: Backroom Staff  (Read 3559 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Backroom Staff
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2020, 07:31:57 PM »
Griss it’s nit picking or why bring it up ,I sell programs so I guess I am a volunteer and I always buy a season ticket and do I get paid of course not so why do I do it you may ask I do it to help the club

Someone started a thread about backroom staff, volunteers have on this thread been complimented, nobody has actually been slagged off?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2020, 01:17:08 AM »
Griss it’s nit picking or why bring it up ,I sell programs so I guess I am a volunteer and I always buy a season ticket and do I get paid of course not so why do I do it you may ask I do it to help the club

Someone started a thread about backroom staff, volunteers have on this thread been complimented, nobody has actually been slagged off?

You're all just moaners!
😂😂😂😂😂

NORMSKI

• View Profile
HIJACKED
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
What a shame that a perfectly honest post has been hijacked into a debate about whether volunteers pay an entrance fee or not.
Of the 31 replies to my post not one deals with matter concerned.
I was highlighting the recent appointment of a Head of Performance Analysis (Matt Loades ) and Sports Science Analysis ( Ben Alger ) to the Backroom Staff and how this was strengthening the club and wondering whether they are employed by the club or doing it as part of for instance a Sports Degree or Masters Degree.
If you want to carry on your petty squabbles then start up your own post and not hijack others.  :scarf: 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2020, 09:51:43 AM »
Yes M A, that's the way to do it.

Well done.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: HIJACKED
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2020, 01:25:55 PM »
Fair point Normski, personally whether volunteers pay an entrance fee or not is between them and the club, end of story.

Anyway to go back to your original post, I would be disappointed if either of the two recent appointments are 'paid' positions, not because I have anything against either of the lads or the job they will be doing but given how far ahead the on-field activities already are compared to the off-field, I don't understand spending more on the on-field side than is necessary and IC already seems to have a pretty good handle on what he is watching and what he expects from his players.  For me all the focus should be on creating a more stable club off the field to catch up to where IC has already taken us.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2020, 01:55:25 PM »
I really can not believe some of the cmments on here regarding volunteers. I have worked/volumteered for
the club and could have had some reward, I refused to take it and paid for my own season ticket mainly
because I knew what the comment would be by some of you on this site. For years some of you have said
we need a commercial Manage, you have got a very good one now, but still the moaning goes on. he has
now got lots going on at the club, which I guess many of you are not aware of because you can not make a
visit to,Mark Hearle I am talking about. Some of you should stop the moaning and help the club. one point
I would like to make I am very sorry that Gordon is not involved in some way, and finally II would like to say a big
well done to Len and helpers with season ticket raffle, well done to you all.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: HIJACKED
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »
Fair point Normski, personally whether volunteers pay an entrance fee or not is between them and the club, end of story.

Anyway to go back to your original post, I would be disappointed if either of the two recent appointments are 'paid' positions, not because I have anything against either of the lads or the job they will be doing but given how far ahead the on-field activities already are compared to the off-field, I don't understand spending more on the on-field side than is necessary and IC already seems to have a pretty good handle on what he is watching and what he expects from his players.  For me all the focus should be on creating a more stable club off the field to catch up to where IC has already taken us.

I’d agree. This year doesn’t seem the most sensible year to start increasing ancillary over-heads, given all the uncertainty around the season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »
In fairness 47, the idea of back room staff paying admission was left to the individual’s conscience by Stephen Cleeve a while back.   Maybe you should address any questions direct to him,   Just because some Agree  with his thoughts does not make it their idea.

As for Mark  Hearle he has got a massive job on in the most testing of circumstances.   I am sure we will see the fruits of his labour as the season unfolds.  Is Mark
CM though or GM ?

Maybe Mark could do everything in his power to bring a long time finicial supporter like Gordon back into the fold.

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2020, 06:20:59 PM »
Just like to add my opinion on the matter,

Id go as far to say 80 - 90% of the behind the scene staff, St john's and the stewarding team are volunteers. Many of them put more hours in for free, that's right completely free, than many people actually work in a week. I avoid this forum for many reasons however one of the main ones is due to the constant drivel a few people speak. Constant moaning and whinging, the club cant do right from wrong. If people supported the club as much as they moan then it would be a miracle.

Nemesis

• View Profile
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2020, 09:12:00 PM »

Id go as far to say 80 - 90% of the behind the scene staff, St john's and the stewarding team are volunteers. Many of them put more hours in for free, that's right completely free, than many people actually work in a week. I avoid this forum for many reasons however one of the main ones is due to the constant drivel a few people speak. Constant moaning and whinging, the club cant do right from wrong. If people supported the club as much as they moan then it would be a miracle.
:worship:

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2020, 09:51:16 PM »
I believe SJAB charge
https://www.sja.org.uk/what-we-do/our-first-aid-services/event-first-aid-cover/event-first-aid-cover-costs/

The organisation charges however the members who actually run and man the events are all doing it for free.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2020, 01:26:11 AM »

So you come on this forum, just to a moan and a whinge?
Exactly what you are moaning about others doing!
😂😂😂😂😂

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2020, 02:57:25 AM »

Could you actually point out to me exactly where people are moaning and whinging about the volunteers? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2020, 08:14:08 AM »
I think some are forgetting that the directive asking backroom staff to pay for admission came from Stephen Cleeve with the instruction it should be left to the individuals conscience.   Some then decided they wanted to pay and support the club more and some I guess didn’t.   

Is there really anyone on this forum who, if involved wouldn’t want to pay admission.  ?  If people are involved in the backroom team they are already showing their commitment and I’m sure would have little hesitation in paying to help the Club.