Author Topic: Linnets membership scheme.  (Read 1508 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Linnets membership scheme.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 03:29:12 PM »
https://www.kltown.co.uk/2020/08/19/club-membership-scheme/

Question.

If, as someone mentioned on a previous thread, someone at the Club claims that team shirts can be purchased between 50p and a £1, why are the Club replica shirts the only item that the 10% discount does not apply to?

:dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 03:52:37 PM »
Surely the 50p-£1 per item was somewhat tongue in cheek, by whoever said.?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 03:58:54 PM »
Think they would get a much better take up if they threw in a mask, or a badge in as part of the deal.. .. they do need to get into a mentality of giving something to get something IMO.
 10% off a beer x 20 home games might be worth £8, 10% of some merchandise might be another fiver......still not enough to incentivise me to shell out £35 personally.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 04:02:21 PM »
To me itís more about the priority match day ticket thatís meant to be the selling point

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
Surely the 50p-£1 per item was somewhat tongue in cheek, by whoever said.?

You think?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »
Well who would think a garment would cost that on the low volumes the club would be able to purchase.

nickc

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 05:50:14 PM »
When the club were trying to sell off the remaining stock of replica shirts, I thought I read somewhere that SC said that £20 was less than cost price. That sounds more like it to me. You couldn't buy them for £1 unless you were buying in 20,000 at a time from the Far East.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 08:31:20 PM »
Well who would think a garment would cost that on the low volumes the club would be able to purchase.
He who thinks he knows everything but knows nothing. Strange that the new training shirt is £45 when it is the same fabric as used for all football shirts, polyester!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:20 PM »
 Call me naive etc but I see the good in everything our club is trying to do to take it forward etc
But as a season ticket holder and non drinker I canít see  why joining would benefit me  , I know itís hard to see forward regarding Covid etc but other perks could of been discounted away travel or  off a meal before a game , or off any events the club may hold ... shame as it potentially can be a good idea

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »
To me itís more about the priority match day ticket thatís meant to be the selling point

Well if that's the case Mall all it would be doing is increasing the cost of a match day ticket by £1-1.50 !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 09:38:41 PM »
But with only 30% of capacity permitted to attend at least you would be assured of getting a ticket.   Has to have a value

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »
Call me naive etc but I see the good in everything our club is trying to do to take it forward etc
But as a season ticket holder and non drinker I canít see  why joining would benefit me  , I know itís hard to see forward regarding Covid etc but other perks could of been discounted away travel or  off a meal before a game , or off any events the club may hold ... shame as it potentially can be a good idea

BB, I don't think it is naÔve, more a case that I don't think this scheme is marketed at you, or rather season ticket holders in general. 

I would imagine there are a number who haven't renewed / purchased season tickets this season who can still see the value in paying 'something' to secure some reassurance that they can still get in on a match day in the likely event that attendances are restricted throughout the season.  For me I think it is priced 'top end' (big surprise for KLTFC!) but that is maybe because I won't benefit from any of the discounts but in all likelihood will still buy one. 

Fully take KES80's point that it makes a match ticket a bit more pricey but (without wishing to open another debate about the current regime's capability / business plan) the club needs fans to back it and this is one way that we can do that.  Going back to KES80's early point about what else could be offered in the membership scheme - maybe now is the time to ask how many are prepared to give to the club without something material in return?

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 02:03:11 PM »

BB, I don't think it is naÔve, more a case that I don't think this scheme is marketed at you, or rather season ticket holders in general. 

I would imagine there are a number who haven't renewed / purchased season tickets this season who can still see the value in paying 'something' to secure some reassurance that they can still get in on a match day in the likely event that attendances are restricted throughout the season.  For me I think it is priced 'top end' (big surprise for KLTFC!) but that is maybe because I won't benefit from any of the discounts but in all likelihood will still buy one. 

Fully take KES80's point that it makes a match ticket a bit more pricey but (without wishing to open another debate about the current regime's capability / business plan) the club needs fans to back it and this is one way that we can do that.  Going back to KES80's early point about what else could be offered in the membership scheme - maybe now is the time to ask how many are prepared to give to the club without something material in return?
TOP END (big surprise!
 Really?
According to the last podcast,yes my first time to actually listen in before i fell asleep, bored), tickets prices are HALF what they actually should be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I new Burnham Market was the Chelsea of Norfolk but sounds like KLTFC are the Chelsea Fc of Norfolk.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »
But with only 30% of capacity permitted to attend at least you would be assured of getting a ticket.   Has to have a value

Be interesting to see the take up.
There is a clamour every season for season tickets at Carrow Road because of  the scarcity of match day tickets...which season ticket holders also often have first dibs on fortheir family and friends..
If Lynn' s attendance is limited to 1500-1600 withno away support, will there be afrenzy over the remaining tickets ?

For me, atravelling fan so no alcohol on match day, already have my Lynn scarf, who manages  6-8 home games at most.per season, the £35 scheme doesn't appeal, but then it isn't aimed at the likes of me anyway. But looking at it for more regular attendees, I still don't see it as a well balanced scheme.