Author Topic: ground capacity  (Read 1386 times)

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
ground capacity
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:54:52 AM »
I'm sure this has been asked before but cant find the current walks capacity I ask as this could soon be relevant.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
Re: ground capacity
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 11:04:08 AM »
I think you will find it is now 5500 or ther abouts.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 11:14:47 AM »
With the talk of 30% being the magical figure will 1650 be about right for our gate next season ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »
With the talk of 30% being the magical figure will 1650 be about right for our gate next season ?

I think there are a couple of 'unknowns' at present.  I still think there is the possibility of the FA / NL restricting away fans which will allow clubs to better plan for social distancing / make full use of the space they have available.  The other point, is how many of our older supporters will feel happy about coming back to the Walks, particularly if there is rise in infection rates as expected in the winter?  Therefore I think 1650 may well be enough in the beginning but how the club will police numbers in certain areas of the ground (main stand / far side when it is raining for example) may cause further problems even with the 1650 limit.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 02:57:12 PM »
I think it likely that away fans will be banned till the new year

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 08:24:11 PM »
https://eur05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FB9TK6Tssh8%3Famp%3D1&data=02%7C01%7C%7C070a3ed5a5b5469518af08d846053a0e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637336335537471865&sdata=pYkYaUoo5%2BHmZN5xFSTAlDmnUYeqxDel9VSvxNBaWsw%3D&reserved=0

From AFC R&D site. It's regarding their game Saturday, which is the first one where supporters are allowed in:

We have received the following information from Kempston Rovers regarding our pre season fixture at Hillgrounds tomorrow.

Kempston Rovers FC are pleased to announce that from Saturday 22nd August we will be allowed to admit supporters to watch our matches.

The FA guidelines have deemed we are allowed to admit up to 200 supporters per game until 30th August. This will increase to 400 from the 31st August.

We are now able to admit supporters in to our ground to watch our pre-season game this Saturday 22nd August vs AFC Rushden & Diamonds Kick-off 3pm.

Key Match Day Information

If you have any of the following coronavirus symptoms:

a high temperature
a new, continuous cough
a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Please do not attend the game.

Under FA Guidelines the capacity will be strictly limited to 200 – once this figure is reached we will be unable to allow entrance to any further spectators.

Admission to the game will be cash only and prices will as follows:

Adults over the age of 18 – £5.00

16 -18 years of age – £3

Under 16 – £1 (Must be accompanied by an Adult)

The ground and turnstiles will be open at 1.30pm, entry to the ground will be via the turnstiles only.

Before entering the ground all supporters will have to:

1) Provide their name and a contact number for NHS Track and Trace

2) Temperatures will be checked and recorded. Anyone with a temperature over 38c will not be admitted to the ground.

Once Inside the ground we ask all supporters to observe the One-Way system.

Hand sanitiser stations will be located around the ground for Spectators to use.

Social Distancing measures should be observed at all times and groups should be no higher than six persons.

The club house will be open offering refreshments, please observe the One-Way system and social distancing rules.

The Tea Bar inside the terracing will be open serving hot snacks, tea and coffee please observe social distancing rules while queueing at the tea bar.

The Outdoor toilet block at the end of the terracing will be open to the public.

The seating area will open but seats will be limited to allow social distancing.

At the end of the match the exit will be via both wooden gates at the swimming pool end of the ground and via the gate beside the turnstile block. Please observe social distancing rules while exiting the ground.

Kempston Rovers FC look forward to welcoming supporters back to Hillgrounds and we thank you for observing the rules we have put in place to make your visit is safe and enjoyable.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 08:43:23 PM »
Think the ground will be limited to 300.   Ground capacity at Hayden Road is 2000.
So as Lough says best get the tickets in advance.   

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 09:12:21 PM »

Its the minimum capacity of the league, not the individual clubs, that are being used so far. It appears to be 4000 for the National League.
So 30% will be 1200.  So get your £35 ready.  :countingmoney:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53852482

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 09:26:42 PM »
Didn’t know that MR.  Amazing if it plays out that way.   Notts County with a ground capacity of over 20,000 can only admit 1200.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2020, 05:14:30 PM »
Just seen this on AFC Rushden twitter feed.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds
@AFCRD
·
23h
Tickets for our fixture against Kings Lynn are now on general sale

https://t.co/B9TK6Tssh8?amp=1

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2020, 06:08:39 PM »
Adrian flux arena...packed again tonight...I dont get it, what's the difference in standing watching that or a football match?... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2020, 06:11:23 PM »
Adrian flux arena...packed again tonight...I dont get it, what's the difference in standing watching that or a football match?... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Isn't it something to do with the level they play at/ride at?

Not "elite" at the dirt Track tonight.   :dontknow:

Then again, it could be the funny handshake brigade!   :laughcry:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 06:30:01 PM »
I think it’s something to do with being paid a living wage.   So Football at Non League Step 2 and above is classed in that category.  At Saddlebow I guess Speedway riders earn a living wage but Banger racing drivers are doing it for little or no reward.

Or something like that.