Author Topic: ground capacity  (Read 1479 times)

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: ground capacity
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2020, 08:46:22 PM »
Aaah I see thanks.....I hope someone has explained that to the virus....  :swear:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2020, 10:25:24 AM »
How about this for a crazy situation....

Oxford City who play in the National League South ( step2) have to play all their home Friendlies behind closed doors.

Long Crendon who are a tenant at Oxford Cityís ground and play in the Hellenic League can of course welcome supporters into the gound for Friendlies.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2020, 10:41:22 AM »
How about this for a crazy situation....

Oxford City who play in the National League South ( step2) have to play all their home Friendlies behind closed doors.

Long Crendon who are a tenant at Oxford Cityís ground and play in the Hellenic League can of course welcome supporters into the gound for Friendlies.

It will be interesting to see if our under 21's/Reserves play a few games at Walks.

There's been appeals for financial help, and due to the current Pandemic and supporters starved of their football fix, they could get a really good response to it.

Balanced of course with the problems that the pitch currently has. Does anyone know if the pitch is actually playable, or how bad the "problems" are?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2020, 12:17:25 PM »
Judging by the state of the pitch in Thurs I would think there is a certain amount of re-seeding or turfing to do.   Thankfully itís now coming into the growing season, but I doubt it can be used anytime soon.   Wasted opportunity there and one that could have made the club a much needed few K

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2020, 12:27:01 PM »
Judging by the state of the pitch in Thurs I would think there is a certain amount of re-seeding or turfing to do.   Thankfully itís now coming into the growing season, but I doubt it can be used anytime soon.   Wasted opportunity there and one that could have made the club a much needed few K

When the Chairman said there were problems with the pitch, did he elaborate on what the problem is?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2020, 01:15:59 PM »
Just mentioned there are problems didn't elaborate.Search Steve Curtis groundsman you wouldn't think there was a problem.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2020, 01:37:45 PM »
Just mentioned there are problems didn't elaborate.Search Steve Curtis groundsman you wouldn't think there was a problem.

Hi GS.

Thanks for the info.

You previouskly mentioned you were at the ground a few weeks ago. Have you any  plans to visit again soon? If so, it would be nice to hear what's really going on.

:scarf:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2020, 06:22:09 PM »
was just choosing my seat no.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2020, 06:41:56 PM »
was just choosing my seat no.

: :clap: