Author Topic: Live Stream v Norwich U23s  (Read 2125 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Live Stream v Norwich U23s
« on: September 01, 2020, 09:17:34 PM »
Good coverage I thought.  Good on Mark Hearle to sponsor the game.  Putting something back never hurts.

With an average crowd of 1400 how many fivers  worth were sold ?  My guess would be 15% (200 plus).  Then a good few Norwich fans on top.

Hope it was a success so we get more of it.

One little point.  If no fans were allowed in who were those supporters on the far side to the camera in the first half ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Live Stream v Norwich U23s
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 10:02:53 PM »
..I know these are only friendlies, but one goal in three games. Is that something to be concerned about?

No Gash, Marriott, Power or Norwich loan Keeper tonight. Apparently the keeper is away with Scotland under 23 squad. Anyone know why other 3 not involved tonight?

Apparently the Keeper that replaced Alex at half time is from Palace. Presumably we are still looking at improving the squad.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 10:09:07 PM »
Southwell and Hawkins look a long way behind Marriot and Gash, judging on the last two performances.

Be interesting how long Marriot will be missing, though I understand his foot is not broken.  Gash, apparently is in hospital with a gall bladder problem ( painful).

Maybe IC will have to tip his toe back in the loan market to find a short term answer.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 12:04:51 AM »
I watched the game on livestream, and thought KLFC did quite well, though I don’t know how strong was the NC selection.  I think Southwell will do well.  He’s had some great moments at this level in the past.  King and Kelly looked class.  The passing was good, looked like the passing game has really been stressed.  All positions look competitive within the squad, but about 4 could be on the team sheet without challenge at the moment, for me.  Kelly, King, Power, Marriott. Every other position looks so close..  Apols for rabbiting, but I don’t come on very often, so it all goes in one !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 10:01:32 AM »
Think it might be a blessing in disguise if Mazza and Gashy are not quite ready for the opening couple of games.......we really need game time for the other forwards and we really need one or two to be given the opportunity and to step up to the plate once given the responsibility.
I can't see Gashy doing 90 minutes every week at this level and there has been an over reliance on Mazza in the past....the likes of Hawkins, Loza , Southwell, Power and Henderson need to find a combo that clicks and is effective when the current "Big Two are out of action.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2020, 01:31:00 PM »
Will presumably mean a change in style of play with no hold up man, so keeping ball on the deck and using out and out pace.
Street,Barrows, McAuley, Smith, Brown, Jarvis/Richards, Clunan/Kelly, King, Loza,Henderson, Power/Southwell Subs Southwell/Power, Hawkins, Jarvis, Clunan/Kelly,Jarvis/Richards, Carey, Fleming, Jones, Mair

Still looks pretty strong to me and emphasises the need for having the squad numbers present.
Don't personally think the loan mkt an option.......if the squad players aren't good enough when a couple are out then there's no point in having them.

Suppose Jarv could play the Gash role if required (?)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2020, 04:05:23 PM »
Anyone know if the rumour about certain supporters being allowed into the game last night are true?   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
There were a few bodies viewing from the far side during the first half.   Maybe they were asked to move out of view of the camera for the 2nd half

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 12:13:09 PM »
From looks of it they were friends or acquaintances of staff.... :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 01:40:03 PM »

They were fans who had done voluntary work at the ground,should have been no fans at all regardless! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »
Pity about AM and MG.  Time of the year to “Name your team” for “Lockdown Fun” !!!  I go for speed over short distances as being an important quality, because long distance pace can be nullified if opponents are all behind the ball.  So I don’t think MG and Jarv will feel as irreplaceable as in the past.  Still have parts to play, on occasions.  My team for the opening game, Home or Away... Street; Barrows McCauley, Smith, Brown; Clunan/Richards, Henderson, Kelly, Power; King, Southwell. Subs Mair, Jones, Carey, Loza, Richards/Clunan.  League prediction 9th.   Over to IC, but I’m here for advice should he need it...

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 02:28:14 PM »
BTW, I was surprised and delighted at AS’s distribution against NC, most impressive, very Barca, (when they were unbeatable !).  Made some good saves too, mainly through good positioning.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 03:14:07 PM »

They were fans who had done voluntary work at the ground,should have been no fans at all regardless! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Totally agree Gris. The matches at Step 1 and above are - or should be - Behind Closed Doors. That means players and Club/s personnel - NOT invited volunteers who should not have been invited as they are not part of management or employees.

There has been a bit of "slagging" going on on Facebook "Fans of the Linnets" about this very subject between some of those who were "invited" and some who also did voluntary work and were not invited.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 09:06:09 PM »
Boohoo perhaps if half of you lot wasn’t so negative all the time you might of managed to got in ... few people who’s done an amazing amount of time/work  over the summer watched the game , even if you’d been invited you’d find something to whinge about ... the club gave us a livestream so take that positive but I’m more worried you seem to be concentrating on whos watching than watching the team ... couldn’t of been much of a game then !!
For once peeps get a life