Author Topic: Live Stream v Norwich U23s  (Read 2162 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Live Stream v Norwich U23s
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
Boohoo perhaps if half of you lot wasn’t so negative all the time you might of managed to got in ... few people who’s done an amazing amount of time/work  over the summer watched the game , even if you’d been invited you’d find something to whinge about ... the club gave us a livestream so take that positive but I’m more worried you seem to be concentrating on whos watching than watching the team ... couldn’t of been much of a game then !!
For once peeps get a life

Blueboy, Behind Closed Doors applies to us all, the only people who should have been in the ground would include players, management, stewards (to monitor and conduct checks and act as ballboys, ref, ground staff, video op and streaming guys and accredited reporters etc. Not non-working volunteers invited to watch/spectate/fans.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2020, 01:06:41 AM »
I think I sence the smell of the Green Dragon here

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 01:37:47 AM »

Did you attend?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2020, 07:35:08 AM »
Is it really such a big deal or indeed a surprise when we have Mavericks as Chairman and General Manager ?

I’m sure he will cover the issue in his next podcast. 

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »
Is it really such a big deal or indeed a surprise when we have Mavericks as Chairman and General Manager ?

I’m sure he will cover the issue in his next podcast.
Has he covered the legality of the no-refunds on season tickets yet?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
Not sure if he has dealt with it beyond stating it would bankrupt the club if fans had to be paid back.  Not sure how that argument would stand up in the small claims court ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2020, 10:13:09 AM »
Not sure if he has dealt with it beyond stating it would bankrupt the club if fans had to be paid back.  Not sure how that argument would stand up in the small claims court ?

I believe the best he can hope for is an appeal to the supporters that have season tickets that they don't claim refunds. I believe that was good enough and had a good response last season.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2020, 12:32:18 PM »

Why would he? Just because he's a season ticket holder, committee member of the FOTL and sponsors players, it wouldn't give him anymore right to attend a game than any other supporter.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »

Why would he? Just because he's a season ticket holder, committee member of the FOTL and sponsors players, it wouldn't give him anymore right to attend a game than any other supporter.   :dontknow:

But he volunteers as well?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2020, 07:50:35 AM »
Does it matter who attended ?  Surely it’s the fact that there were spectators let into the ground.   If you are gonna flout the rules then might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb by letting a few hundred in. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2020, 08:33:42 AM »
Thing is tho Mall, the Gvnmt rules are so sketchy and inconsistent that many industries are finding 'ways' to get round so called rules.
I think a football club could justifiably argue that a number of volunteers are required in the ground to make it all work.
If it means those that help out on a regular basis in that regard, get in to watch the game, then I personally don't have a problem with that.
I certainly wouldn't lay the blame at any club's door.......as one Independent journalist put it earlier in the week, the Cummings regime has ousted all the Astronauts just leaving a large number of inept chimpanzees to make up the "rules".

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2020, 03:10:34 PM »
I think a football club could justifiably argue that a number of volunteers are required in the ground to make it all work.
If it means those that help out on a regular basis in that regard, get in to watch the game, then I personally don't have a problem with that.

From what I can make out, some of the  people that were allowed in were not (in all cases) those that do work for the club on a regular basis. You therefore have some that do help out on a regular basis feeling aggrieved as they have not been treated the same way as a few chosen few.

Someone has said in another post that its not what you know, its who you know.  :dontknow:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2020, 03:25:42 PM »
Absolutely....in both cases b&g