Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 1949 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Fixtures
« on: September 08, 2020, 01:30:24 PM »
So they are out - 7 league games plus an FA Cup tie in October will certainly stretch the squad but at least we have 4 home games, including the opener vs Yeovil, combined with trips to Maidenhead, Solihull Moors and Weymouth.

Christmas does look like it 'comes all at once' - home and away to Notts County (H - 26th Dec, A - 2nd Jan) and Chesterfield away squeezed in between (28th Dec), although I still think the odds are against any away fans this season.

Roll on the season

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Fixtures
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 01:39:40 PM »
According to the FA website, the First Round Proper of the FA Trophy is on 14th November yet we have a league game that day  (away to Sutton) - but no fixture on the 7th November!
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
7th November is FA Cup First round proper
Lynn enter the Trophy at the Third Round stage, in December

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 03:05:29 PM »
............although I still think the odds are against any away fans this season.

I think you are probably correct there Tony, although if people don't start behaving themselves and the R rate keeps rising as it has recently, home fans being able to attend could be at risk again!

It's still out there!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 03:17:55 PM »
Letís hope that at least some get to witness our first game back at this level.  A truly fantastic day in store for many, though I fear nowhere near enough.

Fingers crossed the game is streamed for those of us who cannot be there.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 03:47:50 PM »
From Home page (thanks to Richard):

Lynn kick off their first ever National League campaign with Yeovil Town the visitors followed by trips to Maidenhead and Solihull.
Boxing Day sees Notts County at The Walks in what promises to be a bumper attendance should circumstances allow.

Yeovil were last at The Walks in 1971 - Malcolm Lindsay scoring in the 1-1 draw.
So it's first competitive visits for Boreham Wood, Chesterfield, Dagenham & Redbridge, FC Halifax Town, Hartlepool United, Notts County (played Reserves in Midland League 1957), Sutton United, Torquay United, Woking, Wrexham
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 11:01:59 PM »
Letís hope that at least some get to witness our first game back at this level.  A truly fantastic day in store for many, though I fear nowhere near enough.

Given the new 6 person rule, Iím increasingly doubtful of any fans being let in.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 08:15:03 AM »

Given the new 6 person rule, Iím increasingly doubtful of any fans being let in.

Organised sporting events are exempt.........for the time being.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 09:45:20 AM »
If they are allowing 200/300 people to sit close together in a metal tube, gulping in each otherís recycled air and travelling hours together.  All that after spending 2/3 hours with 1000ís of other people from all over the World in an airport terminal then surely a few hundred people spread about a football ground,in the open air is the least of our problems.

One thing I have noticed throughout the Leagues that have started at Non League level is the amount of games that are being cancelled at the last minute where a player has tested positive.   The season has started for a lot of teams but I wonder how many Leagues will actually be completed.   The cost implication of cancelled games at our level wonít be insignificant

Hancock and Johnson are both giving updates later today and what can and what cannot go ahead.   Football at our level cannot survive without the paying public.   Not that will be a consideration on what is announced later today

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 11:28:57 AM »
If they are allowing 200/300 people to sit close together in a metal tube, gulping in each otherís recycled air and travelling hours together.  All that after spending 2/3 hours with 1000ís of other people from all over the World in an airport terminal then surely a few hundred people spread about a football ground,in the open air is the least of our problems.

One thing I have noticed throughout the Leagues that have started at Non League level is the amount of games that are being cancelled at the last minute where a player has tested positive.   The season has started for a lot of teams but I wonder how many Leagues will actually be completed.   The cost implication of cancelled games at our level wonít be insignificant

Hancock and Johnson are both giving updates later today and what can and what cannot go ahead.   Football at our level cannot survive without the paying public.   Not that will be a consideration on what is announced later today

It will be interesting to see if the playing field is level when Boris gives his announcements later today. Some strange decisions already appeared to have been made with regards to whats permitted and whats not. Having said that, we have seen ourselves over recent weeks (locally and nationally), that some people think the restrictions apply to others and not them. While this attitude continues we are always going to be at risks of further restrictions.

The Pandemic has been with us for a number of months now, and Football Clubs have had more time than most other business's to get their house in order, and therefore make provisions for any further restrictions in income. I'm not saying its going to be easy, but its not easy for most people running a business at the moment. I believe our Chairman (along with others) mentioned about the re-set button for football, and that the days of big money in non league were over. So hopefully, if the soon to be announced restrictions do impact even further on the Clubs finances, the Club will be in a healthy enough positions to withstand it, and that the decisions the Chairman has made will bare some kind of fruit.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 12:04:21 PM »
I think mallard that's exactly what the general public find infuriating frustrating and non-sensical....Doncaster st ledger meeting gets the go ahead under the guise of it being a "test" event....speedway/stock car racing in this area packed now every w/end or so...some industries (the one I work in) have worked full hours all the way through this...and many other examples pubs/restaurants etc....yet a few hundred people at a football match is classed as a "risk"....meeting with more than 6 people now a risk again...no sorry...only after monday....either lockdown or dont....the virus I dont believe is picking or choosing what events it turns up at.... :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:02:47 PM »
Fingers crossed for later today that we get the go ahead to allow fans into grounds to watch Step one in October.   If Boris and co decide otherwise the outcome doesnít bare thinking about for a lot of Clubs.

Could Clubs like Kings Lynn survive on such things as limited TV coverage, Live Streaming etc.  Stephen Cleeve is a big fan of live streaming but would it bring in the revenue needed ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:24 PM »
Doncaster st ledger meeting gets the go ahead under the guise of it being a "test" event.

Now been instructed by local health officials to go behind locked doors for tomorrow.

When you think that they only had 2500 in a massive racecourse, that may not bode too well for sporting events that are due to be held in stadiums. :bankrupt:

Be interesting to see how our local authority handles things.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »
After listening to the PM it does paint a grim picture.    Will the National League start in Oct ?

After watching All or nothing on Spurs And to coin a popular Jose phrase. ĎWeíre. @&);:-!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
Confirmed that step 3 and below can continue as planned.