Author Topic: Fixtures  (Read 2062 times)

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Fixtures
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 05:38:59 PM »

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 06:29:57 PM »
Chris Witty, CMO, has warned that the "difficult period " would last until the spring.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 06:34:34 PM »
If we can’t get fans into the ground then we have to look at every other way of financing the Club.   Live Streaming of games is a must to keep fans involved and bring in revenue.   I recall SC saying York would pull in 40,000 subscribers for one of their games.  So surely we can pull 2,000 In ( with away followers)  Tenner a pop that’s 20k.

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 06:58:14 PM »
I would willingly pay £10 a match or even £15 if live stream was the only way to watch the Linnets - home and away.

Regards - Badger -  :oldman"

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 08:20:16 PM »
I agree with Badger..  I’d pay £15 per livestream.  It would be good if we hyped it enough to get 1500 to 2,000 paying what they can, to help us be in a healthy state when we’re able to go back in.  How about a terrific “crowd” for the Yeovil game ?......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 08:41:04 PM »
15 quid with an online programme Thrown in.  sounds a great deal. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 11:31:46 AM »
Yes agreed.....probably the way forward for the next few months.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 11:46:00 AM »

But it has to be done well.
The friendly games should be streamed free, so everyone can get used to it.
Then a fee, when the season starts.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »
I agree it does need to done well.   2 camera’s so as to capture all the board sponsors etc.  Can even have a match day sponsor with a message in the stream.   That way wouldn’t have to pay anything back to those companies who have boards etc.  Also give season ticket holders free viewing again no money then to pay back.

Make it a real afternoon/evenings entertainment.  Get Manager, players Chairman’s comment before the game.  Sponsors messages again through the half time interval.  Maybe even play highlights from previous games.

Just some ideas.   

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2020, 03:29:11 PM »

Season Ticket holders FREE   :dontknow: Sounds a great idea.

:scarf: :comeon: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 03:48:13 PM »

But it has to be done well.
The friendly games should be streamed free, so everyone can get used to it.
Then a fee, when the season starts.

I agree it does need to done well.   2 camera’s so as to capture all the board sponsors etc.  Can even have a match day sponsor with a message in the stream.   That way wouldn’t have to pay anything back to those companies who have boards etc.  Also give season ticket holders free viewing again no money then to pay back.

Make it a real afternoon/evenings entertainment.  Get Manager, players Chairman’s comment before the game.  Sponsors messages again through the half time interval.  Maybe even play highlights from previous games.

Just some ideas.

Other Clubs already do this. Due to the current circumstances we all find ourselves it, I think it's a must. With today's technology, its won't be too difficult to set up and should be well within the capability of people already involved with the Club.

It just needs someone to take ownership of it and get it done.

Cost per game? Its nice to see people offering to pay £15 for it, but I do wonder if there will be enough people take it up at that price.   :dontknow:

Season ticket holders for free. I'd have thought that was another must. If not, they would effectively be paying twice (those that want to pay twice can do, but it needs to be their choice and not be forced on to them).

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 04:52:43 PM »
The ideas coming forth all sound encouraging and I agree that maybe a commentary is required but hopefully not canned crowd noises.  A person who springs to mind to do the commentary is David Wright if he is willing, or Westlynn Mike.

No doubt there will be many who will object to anything above £10 being charged because of League One clubs (like Portsmouth, who I also support only charging £10).  They will of course have many thousands tuning in and that is how they can only charge that amount.  I sincerely hope we can make the right decisions and make a go of it.  :scarf: :oldman"

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 05:15:56 PM »
Be interesting to hear Stephen Cleeve’s ideas on what Kings Lynn will do IF no spectators are allowed to attend.   Must be two weeks since his last weekly podcast.

C’mon Stephen, where are ya.  Let’s be havin you.

Times like this the fans want to be hearing from the club’s owner

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 05:24:23 PM »
I have no doubt a podcast is now just around the corner.. :phone:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2020, 06:48:45 PM »
The ideas coming forth all sound encouraging and I agree that maybe a commentary is required but hopefully not canned crowd noises.  A person who springs to mind to do the commentary is David Wright if he is willing, or Westlynn Mike.

How about the Chappie who announces the team’s?   He has a strong clear voice to do the commentary and without fans no need for an announcer.