Author Topic: Club Statement  (Read 1436 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Club Statement
« on: September 10, 2020, 08:20:52 PM »
"Today the football club was informed by a member of itís staff that a member of his family has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID -19).

Following consultationís and discussions between the National Leagueís COVID officer,  and both Kingís Lynn Townís COVID and medical officers , the decision has been taken to postpone the first teamís fixture with Braintree Town, the Under 21ís Thurlow Nunn, Division One North game at Needham Market Reserves and Lynn Ladies ERWFL match at Histon, scheduled for Sunday.

The Under 12ís and Under 16ís fixtures in the Junior Premier League (JPL) will both still be played with the former playing Peterborough Sports at the West Lynn Community Centre pitch and the latter travelling to Holland FC. Both games will kick off at 10:30am.

Everyone at the football sends itís best wishes for a speedy recovery to the person involved.

The club will be making no further comment on this matter for the time being."

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Club Statement
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:21:13 PM »
This may cause havoc to most leagues this year with teams calling off games at short notice. Will we be able to finish the season in full or are there contingency plans in place to manage curtailed league/s  :dontknow:

Best wishes to the affected family and all others concerned - keep safe all.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 04:08:50 PM »
There's already been multiple clubs that had to forfeit games in the FA Cup because they've had postive cases and had to isolate.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »
Does this mean the first team canít train together now for X number of days? It canít help the preperation in readiness for the opening day.   

I guess this is the way things will be for sometime to come.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 10:49:54 PM »
This may cause havoc to most leagues this year with teams calling off games at short notice. Will we be able to finish the season in full or are there contingency plans in place to manage curtailed league/s  :dontknow:

Once the season kicks off, I can see plenty of situations like St. Mirrenís current one. It seems the emphasis may be on the games happening so long as a team can put 11 bodies, any 11, on the pitch. Could lead to some odd fixtures over the course of the season.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 10:11:33 AM »
Does this mean the first team canít train together now for X number of days? It canít help the preperation in readiness for the opening day.   

Sadly this could be the Ďnew normí build up to games and then the 11 hour postponed , could even be the case teams have already traveled to away games .. obviously safety 1st but from a football fans view gutting to think the biggest season ever and we possibly canít be a part of it or for the players a mix of game , self isolate, game , etc could hamper team spirit and preparation...

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 10:40:18 AM »

Once the season kicks off, I can see plenty of situations like St. Mirrenís current one. It seems the emphasis may be on the games happening so long as a team can put 11 bodies, any 11, on the pitch. Could lead to some odd fixtures over the course of the season.

Could also lead to alot of ducking and diving of fixtures... :dontknow:

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 04:39:14 AM »

I guess it doesn't mean they can't train together...the ladies twitter feed said that they'd trained last night in preparation for the w/end.
So have the club received the test results??

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 10:24:31 AM »

I believe the results will be available on a stream, for a fee, for fans to see once they're announced.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 11:51:58 AM »

I believe the results will be available on a stream, for a fee, for fans to see once they're announced.

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: