Author Topic: Another one bites the dust.  (Read 971 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: Another one bites the dust.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »
Unless the result has come back inconclusive...and has to be re done....how did they know they wouldn't receive the results back today?.....its only March...they're just down the road....could call it off at 4pm today...still wouldn't be too late.....guess we wont know... :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
Unless the result has come back inconclusive...and has to be re done....how did they know they wouldn't receive the results back today?.....its only March...they're just down the road....could call it off at 4pm today...still wouldn't be too late.....guess we wont know... :dontknow:

The amount of time its taking to get the results back after testing was the main news on TV this morning. I think it depends on the area your are in, but they mentioned 10 days!  :banghead;
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »
If Saturdayís Kettering game is in doubt then it would suggest that the first team  canít train  together.

This could all get very messy with fixtures being pulled left right and centre.    Canít see how crowds will be allowed back into the grounds in a little over two weeks.

Captain Sensible

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 12:15:09 PM »
So it looks as if the person that is causing all the concern has not even had it confirmed that they actually have the virus.I presume that's down to the delays in the test results arriving,as was covered on the BBC News this morning.Its not just football thats having problems due to this as its happening everywhere.With this particular issue at the Club,who has or needed access to all three teams that have been effected.Could we have been a bit smarter on this issue and avoided cross contamination?The only people I can think that would possibly need to be in contact with all three are the Physio's and Sports analysts we now have.Or was the person who's family member is involved at the game played behind closed doors last week?It appears that some people who were there should not have been so is it a case of us being involved in our own downfall?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 12:32:01 PM »

This could all get very messy with fixtures being pulled left right and centre.    Canít see how crowds will be allowed back into the grounds in a little over two weeks.

Sadly, neither can I.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 12:40:55 PM »
One thing I have learnt over last few months is you don't listen to the BBC and Sky news infact don't watch news.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 01:18:19 PM »
One thing I have learnt over last few months is you don't listen to the BBC and Sky news infact don't watch news.

Good point!   :laughcry:

For a start, I can't believe this:

The BBC has revealed a list of its top earning stars.
Gary Lineker was once again the BBCís top earner, according to new figures, but he is taking a pay cut.
Lineker took £1.75 million, according to the figures, which cover the period until the end of March this year Ė before any cut.

So if are to believe it, my questions is why? I have no problem with Lineker but 1.75 Million for what he does!!!   :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 04:49:21 PM »
Why ?

Because they can..... everyone at that organisation would really struggle to match their salary package in the outside world.

The answer is simple stop paying your TV license.... it's quite easy.......get yourself a Smart Tv if you haven't already got one and subscribe to a sports channel to get live action and you're done..........only thing you can't view is BBC iPlayer

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 05:44:58 PM »
And 100 plus senior managers on £150,000 per annum. An absolute joke.   :red card:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Gary Lineker has agreed to take a 400k  pay cut.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 08:44:28 PM »
But still getting paid by BT Sport and Walkers crisps.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2020, 09:03:14 PM »
Poor Gary is cut down to 1.35m from Beeb.  Hope he will be able to pay his milkman

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 12:12:05 PM »
The answer is simple stop paying your TV license.... it's quite easy.......get yourself a Smart Tv if you haven't already got one and subscribe to a sports channel to get live action and you're done..........only thing you can't view is BBC iPlayer

Can't watch live TV without a BBC licence, even sport.