Author Topic: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day  (Read 2212 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day
« on: September 15, 2020, 07:22:06 PM »
See new Tweets
Conversation

Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
The National League has asked the Government to allow up to 1,000 spectators in all grounds in October as a temporary solution.

Brian Barwick: “The League restart depends upon crowds being allowed back in stadiums as live attendance is our clubs’ largest source of income."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh9tvCPXYAAehtu?format=jpg&name=large

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 08:40:01 PM »
So it seems unless the Minster allows crowds in  then the National League won’t commence on Oct 3rd.

Fingers crossed that the new Rule of 6 initiative works over the next couple of weeks. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 09:41:59 PM »
Exactly Mall we have to hope increased social distancing will do the trick  (have to say have my doubts it will be enough) because the test and trace is a really disgraceful mess, 6 months down the line

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 09:53:58 PM »
Word is the Rule of 6 has two weeks in which to control the spread or tougher restriction will be imposed.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 10:32:54 PM »
Exactly Mall we have to hope increased social distancing will do the trick  (have to say have my doubts it will be enough) because the test and trace is a really disgraceful mess, 6 months down the line

I have my doubts as well Kes.

I know its not solely a football problem but when you read reports of footballers breaking bubbles by getting women into their rooms, meeting up in pubs in large groups, favoured supporters being allowed into grounds to attend a game that should be played behind closed doors, you can see the monumental task we ALL have ahead of us.

Some supporters and people involved in football really need to take a look at themselves and ask themselves the question, is it people like me that has caused the further restrictions now coming into force?

We all need to be responsible. It's not one rule for one, one for another.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 11:08:22 PM »
Or give up football and start Grouse Shooting. No such restrictions there
Make every day a Sun day.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 01:35:48 AM »
As you say b&g it's not solely a football problem....take a drive by the adrian flux stadium on a saturday....see how many are there...and look at the social distancing on display..... :dontknow:

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 08:07:12 AM »
..and the car boots at Knights Hill

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 08:24:35 AM »
Well we have 2 weeks to get it back under control or I fear there will be no crowds permitted to attend Football which means no Football at The Walks.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 09:04:10 AM »
Britons 'face TOUGHER lockdown in TWO WEEKS unless Rule of Six works'

Britons could face an even tougher lockdown within two weeks unless the Rule of Six brings down coronavirus cases, it was claimed today.

Ministers and government officials insist they are ready to take more draconian steps to stop the spread, despite a wave of criticism.

Options on the table could range from curfews to closing pubs - although there is a determination that schools will stay open.

'Lockdown is the only thing that we know works, to be frank,' one government science adviser told ITV.

The dire prospect has been raised amid fears that the disease is on the verge of spiralling out of control again.

Although cases have spiked over 3,000 a day, it had been mainly among younger people, who are less likely to be badly affected.

However, alarm has been sparked by early signs that hospitalisations are on the rise again, and infections are becoming more common among older people.

The 'Rule of Six' imposed by Boris Johnson on Monday makes it illegal to have larger gatherings.

Ministers have suggested they are following the example of Belgium, where a surge appears to have been tackled using tight limits on gatherings and curfews.

A senior member of the government told ITV's Robert Peston that there was 'no possibility of us waiting for the death rate to rise before we act'.

They added that the government will reassess whether the Rule of Six has been enough to control the situation in fortnight.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 09:14:00 AM »
Gvnmt so behind the curve at the moment.......they are saying 3000 cases a day, but the test system isnt working for so many....the true figure could easily be 10,000 or more....saw a post from UK person in Rome...."swift accurate covid test on arrival at airport, result in 30 minutes.......but UK can't manage it."
Never mind world beating, more like p*** poor !

I don't quite understand how they will know if they have flattened the curve, when their systems and info are so unreliable and tardy

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »
Never mind test and trace seems tracing a test is more appropriate.

If the recorded cases are 3.5 a week, if the new 6 people doesn’t work that figure will double next week and then double again the following week.

Hopefully this will be the wake up call we all need.  No flaunting the laws no matter how tempting an offer is.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 10:42:56 AM »
It does seem crazy that speedway can have a thousand supporters into a stadium and football can't, but it is what it is.

At the moment I think  all we can do is try and keep our own house in order and not do anything stupid. If we don't, no matter how unfair it may appear, we are in no place to complain about the rules and whats fair and whats not.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2020, 10:44:56 AM »
NHS website:

Getting your test result

You'll get a text or email when your result is ready.

Most people get their test results the day after taking the test. Some results might take longer, but you should get them in 72 hours.

There are 3 types of result you can get:

negative
positive
unclear, void, borderline or inconclusive

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »
saw a post from UK person in Rome...."swift accurate covid test on arrival at airport, result in 30 minutes.......but UK can't manage it."

I don't quite understand how they will know if they have flattened the curve, when their systems and info are so unreliable and tardy

In fairness Kes, there is more than one test available with quick turn around times and the Govt have said they are aware of them.

Their concern is how accurate these tests are and they have said "an incorrect test is worse than no test at all". It serves nobody's interest to have an unreliable system of testing.

I'm sure if there was a 30 minute test available that was deemed accurate enough, it would be used in the UK. I can't think of any reason for the Govt not to do so.

Apparently there is a testing system developed by a BioTech Company called Coyote which is looking good and is under review.