Author Topic: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day  (Read 2373 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 11:10:59 AM »
The simple fact is B & G that the test and trace system should be THE most important thing on the Government agenda.....if we have a reliable system, then everything can open up.. ... without one we will be over run. (again). The Government has had 6 months to get something reliable in place. Some other European countries have got something suitable in place. I suspect energies are being so dispersed by Brexit, that ministers have let things slip and the country sits in a precarious position. I work in 'close contact services'
and the last 2 months have been an absolute nightmare due to regular changing of advice and no reliable test.
Our neighbours are teachers, both with rasping coughs, who can't get a test... apparently 230,000 people are waiting for test results....I would wager at least the same again who need a test and can't get one....... it's very concerning

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2020, 11:59:12 AM »
The simple fact is B & G that the test and trace system should be THE most important thing on the Government agenda.....if we have a reliable system, then everything can open up.. ... without one we will be over run. (again). The Government has had 6 months to get something reliable in place. Some other European countries have got something suitable in place. I suspect energies are being so dispersed by Brexit, that ministers have let things slip and the country sits in a precarious position. I work in 'close contact services'
and the last 2 months have been an absolute nightmare due to regular changing of advice and no reliable test.
Our neighbours are teachers, both with rasping coughs, who can't get a test... apparently 230,000 people are waiting for test results....I would wager at least the same again who need a test and can't get one....... it's very concerning

Of course its a fact that the test and trace is a joke.

The point I was trying to make is that we get reports that other Countries systems are working fine, whereas the truth of that can be in doubt. Money on it if you looked hard enough you would find the people of some Country somewhere in the world saying they should look at the wonderful system the UK has. As always, the Media don't help matters.

One of the problems is the Billions of pounds that will be earned out of this. So you have PharmaTech Companies up to all sorts of tricks to sell their products and they are more than capable of influencing the Press. Add to that the fact that some of these Pharma Companies are also state owned!

Yes we need an effective track and trace system as ours is inadequate and this virus will never go away with out one (along with a Vaccine). I just don't believe that other Countries are as far ahead as it may seem when it comes to track and tracing.

Like our Govt they will be trying to  balance their Economy with the safety of their population and to some Countries the importance of people visiting their Countries is more important than it is to others.

Whatever the case and whatever the truth, never forget...................it's all one big Conspiracy!  :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2020, 12:15:55 PM »
I’m with KES on this one.  Haven’t disagreed with a word, so far.  But unfortunately, nationwide, we have far too many people who put “what they want” at the top of their agenda.  We absolutely must put the safety of all ahead of the natural desire to be entertained.  And no, that is not “pessimism”, nor “doom and gloom”, it is realism.  I want to be back at the Walks as much as anyone, but none of us would be pleased with ourselves if we found ourselves standing before a kick-off in respect of someone we knew, and who was  probably a friend of many.   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2020, 12:31:42 PM »
I’m with KES on this one.  Haven’t disagreed with a word, so far.  But unfortunately, nationwide, we have far too many people who put “what they want” at the top of their agenda.  We absolutely must put the safety of all ahead of the natural desire to be entertained. 

Absolutely!

And shame on those that don't!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »
An example of what the Govt is up against when it comes to testing and going down the correct route. Numerous such Companies all claiming to have the silver bullet. This one could be as good as it sounds, or maybe not. Some serious claims there and of course, some serious money talked about. I wonder if Heathrow airport and Leidos, a $13bn US software company who's names have been mentioned and linked to it, even know anything about it. :dontknow:

Posted 7 hours ago:

Rapid and reliable coronavirus tests have so far defeated the combined research skills and financial firepower of the richest countries and corporations.

Yet a company with four employees, whose head office is registered to a ground-floor flat in the village of Toddington, 40 miles north of London, claims to have developed a saliva test that takes just 20 seconds to process.

If it works, it could offer a route out of the coronavirus crisis and prove a remarkable testament to the ingenuity of a man with no formal scientific education.

But the early excitement also shows our collective desperation for a silver bullet and willingness to suspend disbelief.

The “Virolens” test was unveiled last week by an obscure British tech company called iAbra. People take a simple mouth swab, which is dropped into a black box. Inside the box — iAbra says — is a digital camera attached to a microscope that can examine the sample and see if it contains any Covid-19. It displays the answer within seconds.

The device is manufactured in Hartlepool, in the north-east of England, by a listed UK company, TT Electronics, whose share price rose more than 40 per cent on last week’s announcement, valuing it at £439m.

Heathrow airport and Leidos, a $13bn US software company, were touted as the test’s “launch customers”.

Greg Compton, iAbra’s 33-year-old chief executive and the lead architect of the test, last week said the company had also seen “huge demand from universities in the US” and declared the test “a significant step forward in the battle against Covid-19”.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 01:46:06 PM »
I'll be so pleased when there is some football to discuss/argue about!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 02:52:02 PM »
Can’t put the cart before the Horse Jesus.   It’s got to be a safe environment for all to go back to.   

So many mistakes have been made, and people be not made accountable for those mistakes and being allowed to continue in office.

Who will ever forget Dominic Cummins and the Barnard Castle fiasco.   Is it any wonder people have attended friendlies games at The Walks, unlawfully when that kind of behaviour is allowed to happen without regress.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2020, 03:01:58 PM »
Yes, I agree with that.
But everyone has to be sensible.
You can go grouse hunting, or banger racing, but not to some football matches.
There is no consistency in all of this.
The government is mostly to blame, but so are some individuals that refuse to follow the rules.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2020, 03:48:19 PM »
Yes, I agree with that.
The government is mostly to blame, but so are some individuals that refuse to follow the rules.

:clap:  :clap:   :clap:

.................and then when you get someone asking people if they are jealous because they are at the game when others are not!   :banghead;

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2020, 04:13:36 PM »
Yes, I agree with that.

:clap:  :clap:   :clap:

.................and then when you get someone asking people if they are jealous because they are at the game when others are not!   :banghead;

Yes, it's just jealousy...🙄

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »
With the idea that 1000 fans will be allowed in for the opening game v Yeovil.  Will the remaining tickets go on sale anytime soon?  How will it be determined who will
Get the tickets ?   Ballot,  first come first served.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
With the idea that 1000 fans will be allowed in for the opening game v Yeovil.  Will the remaining tickets go on sale anytime soon?  How will it be determined who will
Get the tickets ?   Ballot,  first come first served.

If the Club are not convinced the game will be on, I don't really blame them for not having the tickets on sale yet.

Nightmare!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2020, 05:32:51 PM »
Sorry B&G but horse poo! The club has sold season tickets in the hope of the season starting (no refunds remember). So why can't tickets for the opening game not go on sale?  Surely both have the hope and criteria?  Only difference is you should get ya money back if Yeovil doesn’t go ahead.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 07:00:59 PM »
Sorry B&G but horse poo! The club has sold season tickets in the hope of the season starting (no refunds remember). So why can't tickets for the opening game not go on sale?  Surely both have the hope and criteria?  Only difference is you should get ya money back if Yeovil doesn’t go ahead.

If and its  a IF, the Season does not start then anyone who has bought a Season Ticket will be able to claim back their money regardless of Terms and Conditions saying  "No Refunds".

The Ombudsmen would declare that the expected service / product has not been delivered and therefore a full refund would be ordered. There may be a Section 75 draw back if purchased via a Credit Card.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2020, 07:06:25 PM »
WLM.  Not my words.   The Chairman said on a podcast there would be no season ticket refunds as this would bankrupt the Club.  Reading about Macclesfield and Southend today should that ring alarm bells ?