Author Topic: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day  (Read 2366 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Could be 1000 allowed in on opening day
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 07:11:09 PM »
The simple fact is B & G that the test and trace system should be THE most important thing on the Government agenda.....if we have a reliable system, then everything can open up.. ... without one we will be over run. (again). The Government has had 6 months to get something reliable in place. Some other European countries have got something suitable in place. I suspect energies are being so dispersed by Brexit, that ministers have let things slip and the country sits in a precarious position. I work in 'close contact services'
and the last 2 months have been an absolute nightmare due to regular changing of advice and no reliable test.
Our neighbours are teachers, both with rasping coughs, who can't get a test... apparently 230,000 people are waiting for test results....I would wager at least the same again who need a test and can't get one....... it's very concerning

The lack of testing is already causing the system to creak, before we even get to the predicted Winter Crunch.

Picture this in a hypothetical school. A number of staff (less than 10) are off waiting for a test. Not results, waiting to have an actual test. Likely theyíre fine, but they have to be off for 10 days or until they get a negative result. If a couple more off, the school will have to send a year group home as there wonít be the bodies to supervise them, all without anyone actually testing positive. And no doubt theyíll get complained at, in-spite of everything being done according to the ever changing PHE rulebook. This is the situation pretty much every secondary school is in at the moment.

The normal solution of supply teachers is trickier than normal, as they are understandably being far choosier in which schools they go to; as if theyíve been in a school that has to shut down, they have to not work for 14 days and have no income. So theyíre asking how many are isolating in the school and weighing up whether itís worth them coming in.

The trace part of the systems problem is small fry, compared to the test element. Itís like no-one from the DfE and the DoH realised the impact their policies would have on each other before schools went back.

So back to football, given how things are starting to crumble at the edges, I actually think starting the season in October as scheduled is unlikely, and probably irresponsible, given behind closed doors arenít viable at this level. Have a feeling some regional mini-league might happen come the spring, before the level starts in earnest this time next year. Hope Iím wrong.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »
WLM.  Not my words.   The Chairman said on a podcast there would be no season ticket refunds as this would bankrupt the Club.  Reading about Macclesfield and Southend today should that ring alarm bells ?

Any news on when the next Podcast is due?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 07:24:56 PM »
I guess SCís big plan of streaming  live games (40,000 would watch York) where football at our level could be played behind closed doors has been kicked into the long grass. 

Those Podcast can be very entertaining.   Letís hope the next one comes along soon.  People need cheering up in these depressing times

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 10:10:17 AM »
WLM.  Not my words.   The Chairman said on a podcast there would be no season ticket refunds as this would bankrupt the Club.  Reading about Macclesfield and Southend today should that ring alarm bells ?

I suggest people read these:

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds :

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/premier-league-clubs-begin-refund-process-with-one-exception/

(There is a line in the 2nd article that state "it is important to remember, however, the default legal position is that if youíve paid for a game that wonít admit spectators then you are entitled to a full refund."
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 06:08:36 PM »
Good news for some season ticket holders is they have managed to attend one game already.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2020, 09:12:23 AM »
Good news for some season ticket holders is they have managed to attend one game already.

Which game was that Mallard?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2020, 12:52:21 PM »
I think it was the game where there were several overhit crosses where Lynn didnít have anyone collecting them  :mystic:

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 08:04:02 PM »
I see that Kings Lynn and West Norfolk have been removed from the Government watchlist with regard to Covid = 19. At least that is a glimmer of hope as long as people stick to  the rules.  :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2020, 06:32:28 PM »
With all the talk that new restrictions are about to ban people from 2 households meeting.   If this does come in next week how on Earth will clubs be allowed to bring into a ground potentially 1,000 people from 1,000 households ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2020, 08:59:52 AM »
Britain could delay plans to allow sports fans back into stadiums.

Britain is looking at delaying plans to allow a controlled return of fans into stadiums from Oct. 1, senior cabinet minister Michael Gove said on Tuesday as new restrictions are brought in to tackle a second wave of COVID-19 in the country.

"It was the case that we were looking at a staged program of more people returning, it wasn't going to be the case that we were going to have stadiums thronged with fans," Gove told BBC TV when he was asked if the Oct. 1 plan would go ahead.

"We're looking at how we can for the moment pause that program."
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2020, 09:22:58 AM »
With restrictions about to be announced it makes sense for fans not to be allowed back in.    The National League will have a tough call it to make on whether to start the season or put it back.

Trouble will be that contracted players will want paying so where will clubs find the money from to meet their monthly commitments ?  I guess the Clubs with wealthy owners will be able to trade through.   Others ?  Who knows 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2020, 09:59:13 AM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/linnets-national-league-kick-off-in-doubt-9123772/?fbclid=IwAR0y6hKZ6MOGgeO7gqA52gQT2SBjCV8Q2vpc2hLOGThYWxViJ9BlmXM79cI

"The National League have always said that the season will not start on October 3 if fans are unable to attend. National League clubs have been told that if supporters are not allowed to attend, their season will not begin".

"Sports are to be asked by officials for their assessments of the financial impact of playing behind closed doors for several more months, while the government is said to be keen to work with sports on a possible support package that would enable them to survive".

"Prime minister Boris Johnson is expected to address the country at 8pm this evening to announce tighter restrictions".

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2020, 10:00:59 AM »
Unfortunately I fear that if the season starts with an empty stadium restriction in place...the national league may well start with 23 teams....but depending on how long that restriction lasts it will almost certainly not finish with 23

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2020, 10:02:15 AM »
Apparently could be looking at several months of no fans.

Clubs that have spent loads this summer outside Premier League will be screwed, especially in Non-League. Because they'll need to refund season tickets too, unless fans make it a donation.

Merthyr Town asked to be mothballed for this season, and I think a lot more will be trying to do same otherwise they'll be folding.