Author Topic: Streaming  (Read 1487 times)

mrzanussi

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Streaming
« on: September 16, 2020, 10:46:09 PM »
If fans are not allowed in the ground on 3rd Oct will season ticket holders still have to stump up to watch games they have already paid for

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Streaming
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 01:06:35 AM »
They may have paid for a whole season and not see a single game.🤔

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:55:28 PM »
Advice needed. I received an email yesterday to watch Lynn v Kettering on Saturday at 2pm. The question is do you have to buy the ticket to the streamed match on Saturday or can you do it beforehand? I have tried several times but just receive a '404 error'. Cheers :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

keymaster

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »
Hi
I paid £5 for streaming today and its working, cannot wait to watch live again.
K

keymaster

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 09:56:24 PM »
Hi
Sorry to reply to myself but just to follow up, I thought the streaming of the game was pretty good and coverage worked well for me and I enjoyed the game (apart from result).
With the way things are to be with no fans etc could we not support the club with streaming until fans are allowed to return, I think many people would pay for this content at home games at least and charge more than £5, I would be happy to pay double that for league games or maybe a season long home game subscription, like a virtual season ticket.
 Maybe club could have a couple of different Linnet fans or maybe an ex player do commentary, with the fans getting free entry in return for the commentary. I want to support the team as best I can and have putt my hand in my pocket several times but this would be a regular income for club with something in return, we wouldnt expect Sky 4k coverage, just as we had last week.
Best wishes
K

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 07:39:13 AM »
On SC’s latest podcast.  He said he was hoping for 2,000 subscribers per game to really help the club.   Also they have an experienced guy coming in to film it using 3 camera’s.  The cost he was pitching at £10-12.

No mention of commentary.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 11:24:22 PM »
We can't go to a game but we have stock car events running and a circus coming to town? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
Agreed Griss.  It’s about time other events were brought into line.  With the R rate seemingly going up daily. We need to be all singing from the same Hymn sheet.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 09:10:43 AM »
Agreed Griss.  It’s about time other events were brought into line.  With the R rate seemingly going up daily. We need to be all singing from the same Hymn sheet.

I think that's the point.

It's not so much that Football Clubs should be allowed to do what others are doing.

Surely it's a case of the others being brought into line with elite sports.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 08:05:40 PM »
If te Yeovil game goes ahead and is televised as planned would there be much demand for streaming of that game? I can imagine many will watch on BT Sport either at home or in the pub? Maybe here is the opportunity to utilise the bars, small entry fee, BT Sport on the telly, bar open?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 10:01:40 PM »

How many staff would be required to provide table service and what would be the capacity of the bars, including staff?
The hall where I play (used to play) badminton has a Covid capacity of 40.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 10:58:53 PM »
Are bars allowed to show games at the moment? I enquired at a couple of pubs and was told that they had been instructed not to show them.   :dontknow: :dontknow:

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »
The Wash and Tope at Hunstanton and O'Quigleys are showing games or they were up until saturday last week when i watched Forest v Cardiff.