Author Topic: Lynn legend Keith Rudd removed as Club President-Chairman's Podcast  (Read 1957 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
The Chairman has just released his latest, extra long, Podcast.

There's lots in there for Supporters to consider.

One of the subjects was the decision made by the Chairman, apparently backed by Mark Hearle and Rob Back, is to remove Keith Rudd as the President of the Club. By listening to it, I believe that it appears that the decision was made by the three of them due to what is apparently seen as a negative attitude towards the Club's Academy and their tie-up with Kes.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: Lynn legend Keith Rudd removed as Club President-Chairman's Podcast
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 05:59:26 PM »
Keith Rudd on Facebook.
Please let me state that I have never been President of KLFC. Buster Chapman got me to accept it, but then wanted rid of the Reserve, (Speedway don't have it); I said that it was only wasting money to do so!  His wife & Buster took um-bridge, and I was; and never have been recognised as President!! It can only be from looking at programmes, where no-one bothered to remove it! I have never had any role within KLFC for 11 years!!  Just been Laziness on Clubs behalf

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »
So basically Keith  Rudd has been Sacked from a position he was previously removed from or indeed he never had.

Still doesn’t alter that he wrote letters to KES slaughtering the current owner and and others who were involved in getting the Academy up and running. 

Perhaps he could explain why he doesn’t want the cream of Young footballers in the area to be given the chance to get both an education and to improve as a Footballer ? 

It does seem rather strange that he would want to stop that happening.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 09:14:34 PM »
Disgraceful if he’s done that ,Why wouldn’t he want to see young talent progress man has issues

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 09:19:47 PM »
Nice to see Loopy back.

Beware all speak ill of the club heirachy at your peril. :laughcry:

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 09:52:47 PM »
Fc United not your flavour of the month anymore Marcus since they in free fall

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2020, 10:02:51 PM »
misuse of the word legend

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:57 PM »
A sad day that keith should resort to that  :red card:...if indeed it's true...whatever his reasons for doing it....an equally sad day that 2 local lads were part of the decision..:glum:....if indeed that parts true as well... :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »

Perhaps he could explain why he doesn’t want the cream of Young footballers in the area to be given the chance to get both an education and to improve as a Footballer ? 

This part must be utter nonsense. There may have been a misunderstanding, or more likely a disagreement, on how young footballers should receive an education and improve their skills, but I don't believe for one minute that Keith Rudd does not want the best for the youngsters.

He may have a different opinion on how best  this is achieved, but that's different to not wanting them to have a chance to improve.

This is Keith Rudd we are talking about. Unless you've only been around for 3 years or so, you all know this man. Like him or loathe him, everyone should know that he is 100% for developing young local talent.

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:03 PM »

This part must be utter nonsense. There may have been a misunderstanding, or more likely a disagreement, on how young footballers should receive an education and improve their skills, but I don't believe for one minute that Keith Rudd does not want the best for the youngsters.

He may have a different opinion on how best  this is achieved, but that's different to not wanting them to have a chance to improve.

This is Keith Rudd we are talking about. Unless you've only been around for 3 years or so, you all know this man. Like him or loathe him, everyone should know that he is 100% for developing young local talent.
.   Really !!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 12:31:28 AM »

.   Really !!!!!

Yes really,someone who has done so much for the club over the years pushed out of a position he never held say it all! :banghead; He was not involved with the club in any official capacity so his personal opinions cannot be taken into account! :red card: :red card: :banghead;
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
I would hope Keith Rudd would support a development by the club that brings young Footballers, in the area into contact with a coach of the Standing and undoubted ability that we as club are fortunate to have, in Ian Culverhouse.

It does seem a strange Route ,firing  of letters to the partner the Club works with On youth Development.   Surely it has to be worth giving it a go, then if it falls flat on its ass.  Then the pelters can fire in.

Stephen Cleeve might not be everyone’s cuppa tea ( me included in certain areas), but he is what we have at the moment in what are very testing times for all Club owners/directors etc.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
I’m in the middle on this, because I believe there is very good reason to respect both Keith and SC with what they have given the club.  I feel sure both would be all in favour of developing local players.  However, I am not a believer in the benefits of academies at our level.  For me, too much is made, at all levels, of players having much to “learn” about the game.  That’s a general point, but another difficulty, IMO, is that our area isn’t big enough to produce many players capable at playing at any pro-level, and those that are will most likely go to clubs higher up the leagues.  I’m also not at all sure that academies can add to normal education either.  Perhaps I’m wrong about both aspects, but when managers like Mourinho get rid of players like Salah, De Bruyne, and Cuadrado, I feel they need to “learn” about the game as well !

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Trying to sabotage link up between schools and club the man should hang his head in shame

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 06:25:11 PM »
It seems that Keith Rudd is happy to be distanced from the Club and the Club seems happy not for to be involved.   Hopefully that will be the end of matter. 

Just a shame that a legend like Keith Rudd leaves the club on sour note after all his years of undoubted   Dedication to the Club.

Things move on.