Author Topic: The Future of the Club  (Read 3040 times)

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: The Future of the Club
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 07:09:53 PM »
They'll ask questions and mention whoever and whatever if the price is right....never trust an MP... :countingmoney: :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 08:13:07 PM »
This guy obviously hasn't done his homework!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 08:15:24 PM »
Well Gordon has to do something to show he is worth that salary.

???????????

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »
Wrong Gordon ...... Gordon

Gordon Taylor earns £2m-a-year as PFA chief executive… but he will NOT take pay cut during coronavirus pandemic. Gordon Taylor, the chief executive of the Professional Footballers' Association, will continue to receive his £2m-a-year salary in full during the coronavirus pandemic.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2020, 07:50:25 AM »
I feel another podcast is imminent...
 :rain:

It seems your wish has been granted with a staged Cleeve and Hearle back slapping exercise.

Feel a bit for Tony M. Great piece of Club PR there toward one supporter whose views don’t match their own.

Now if he was to invite Tony M onto his Podcast to discuss the various points that would make for interesting listening.

It won’t happen of course. 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2020, 08:31:42 AM »
Haven't had chance to listen (yet) but care to give me the highlights Mallard?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2020, 10:06:28 AM »
Aahhhh wasn't really a wish mallard…....its just he's rather easy to read....... :Sherlock:
When he has something to say or a gripe or moan, he uses the podcast as a platform to do that.
Like you said it was a very staged and rehearsed question time with one of the local lads..... :farmer:
I have a feeling that there could be another quick on the heels of this one.
Does make me laugh how he belittles the trust by saying it is a group of only about 80 fans.....but its quite obvious he reads this forum or even takes part (who knows)......and even then feels he has to comment on some ones opinion...... :dontknow:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2020, 10:26:41 AM »
Exactly Mall and more to the point he is MP for NW Norfolk, so why is he even mentioning Norwich....he should have highlighted the plight of Lynn and other local non league clubs in NW Norfolk

KES80, as for your ".... he should have highlighted the plight of Lynn and other local non league clubs in NW Norfolk" here is an extract from the Lynn News article (Posted by Kevin Holland):

"At Prime Minister's Questions yesterday, James Wild, MP for North West Norfolk, urged the Prime Minister to look urgently at a Sport Recovery Fund following the recent announcement that the re-opening of large scale sport events fromOctober 2 has been postponed.

Mr Wild, who was at the Norwich City vs Preston Championship match that was part of the pilot events on Saturday, said: "This threatens the viability of King's Lynn Town FC, as well as other clubs and sports that rely on income from gate receipts and matchday spending by fans. Clubs need support to ensure their future at the heart of our local communities."

The Prime Minister assured Mr Wild that the Secretary of State for Culture, Media, and Sport is actively looking at solutions for clubs and sports."

I suggest that James Wild MP DID highlight the plight of KLTFC, other Clubs and other Sports.

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
...Feel a bit for Tony M. Great piece of Club PR there toward one supporter whose views don’t match their own.

Now if he was to invite Tony M onto his Podcast to discuss the various points that would make for interesting listening.

It won’t happen of course.

Mallard, just managed to catch the first bit of SC's pod which is I assume the bit you were referring to.  To be fair to SC I think he has been a little selective when reading my posts but that probably comes from a place, like many business owners in the current climate, of being worried about what is to come over the winter so is understandably a bit defensive. 

We are probably not as polar opposites as some (maybe even SC himself) might think and he is right in pointing out that he has access to all the facts and figures and I am sitting behind my keyboard with far, far less information so it is much easier to gloss over of some of the colder facts of life in running a club.  I do understand his point about government regulations cutting the club's main income stream off at the knees but I am not as convinced as him that it should be solely down to the government to fill that void - there are many industries is similar positions who are having to make hard decisions.  Personally I think the football authorities, the FA and most importantly, the PFA really need to step up and be part of the solution but unfortunately the NL seems to be split so will not be able to apply the collective pressure to these organisations that will make them act.

Lets see what comes out of todays NL meeting, my fear is that it will show the cracks at the top of non-league between those ex-league clubs / those who think they are EFL league 3 and those who think they are playing at step 1 of non-league and may have more sympathy with the plight of NLN and NLS south clubs who have a massive decision to make next weekend when it comes to starting contracts by playing in the FA cup.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2020, 07:48:11 PM »
Here's the answer. Do as Merthyr have. Hibernate for a season. Restart next season. A way out without losing face, or the club.

https://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/boardstatement210920/

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2020, 02:07:20 PM »
Looks like the noises coming out of various NL clubs is that the season will start on Saturday, whether that is with government and/or Premier League support remains unanswered but would imagine we are in a pretty similar position to Wealdstone who have put together a pretty well worded board update here https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/board-update-sept-2020

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »
We all hope our club, and also all our opponents, survive, plus smaller clubs in this area.  I haven’t concentrated on the ins and outs to the same extent as others on here, because I have the cynical belief that all football is non-viable at present.  However, I wish SC and all at official and volunteer levels at the club every ounce of good fortune in the coming season.  AND, I’d like to say how informed and interesting every one of the forum contributors are, on here,.  Now, where’s that third glass of vino ??......

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2020, 03:36:10 PM »
 :watching:
Looks like the noises coming out of various NL clubs is that the season will start on Saturday, whether that is with government and/or Premier League support remains unanswered but would imagine we are in a pretty similar position to Wealdstone who have put together a pretty well worded board update here https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/board-update-sept-2020

Having read the Wealdstone FC Update it is very interesting what they say about Season Tickets:

"Season Tickets: Clearly the current situation impacts our season ticket holders and creates a further challenge especially as there remains much uncertainty over when spectators can return and in what numbers.

Simply refunding season ticket monies in full is considered inappropriate given the lack of clarity on spectators at future matches and would have a serious impact on the clubs viability.

We would like to offer all season ticket holders a free streaming pass for each home league match played behind closed doors.
Where we already have your email address you will be e-mailed with an access code directly, however all enquiries relating to season tickets and streaming passes should be directed to seasontickets@wealdstonefc.com."

Please note Stephen Cleeve that it is possible to give Season Ticket Holders "Free Access" to Streaming. I look forward to some such offer very soon.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2020, 06:11:11 PM »
You mean this . . .

Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve
·
Sep 28
Forgot to mention we will give all season ticket holders free streaming and a free programme as compensation for their loss - we thank you for your loyalty which has not gone unnoticed - indeed one fan yesterday insisted on buying a season ticket despite us asking him not to COYL

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2020, 07:43:21 PM »
Exactly Mall and more to the point he is MP for NW Norfolk, so why is he even mentioning Norwich....he should have highlighted the plight of Lynn and other local non league clubs in NW Norfolk

KES80, as for your ".... he should have highlighted the plight of Lynn and other local non league clubs in NW Norfolk" here is an extract from the Lynn News article (Posted by Kevin Holland):

"At Prime Minister's Questions yesterday, James Wild, MP for North West Norfolk, urged the Prime Minister to look urgently at a Sport Recovery Fund following the recent announcement that the re-opening of large scale sport events fromOctober 2 has been postponed.

Mr Wild, who was at the Norwich City vs Preston Championship match that was part of the pilot events on Saturday, said: "This threatens the viability of King's Lynn Town FC, as well as other clubs and sports that rely on income from gate receipts and matchday spending by fans. Clubs need support to ensure their future at the heart of our local communities."

The Prime Minister assured Mr Wild that the Secretary of State for Culture, Media, and Sport is actively looking at solutions for clubs and sports."

I suggest that James Wild MP DID highlight the plight of KLTFC, other Clubs and other Sports.

Hi WLM.......did you actually watch PMQ's when the question was raised.......main emphasis was Norwich and that was what Boris heard and mentioned..I am paraphrasing but Boris said something like "Yes, I agree we must and will do something to protect the Norwich Citys of this world"......hence my post WLM