Author Topic: Fundraising idea  (Read 738 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Fundraising idea
« on: September 27, 2020, 10:27:42 AM »

on: Today at 10:15:43 AM
From the Chairman.

Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve

14h
We need huge help to get through this season -  and are thinking of fund raising ideas.  If we produced a 68 page programme for the Yeovil game would your pay 15 for one? We would post it to you? We need 70 fans to buy it to break even and 270 fans to make it worthwhile

Thoughts people

Badger

• View Profile
Re: Fundraising idea
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »
Good idea, if it is about the club, staff and the players and not full of adverts.  Possible 3000 profit or more so why not.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
Everything that can raise money is a good idea and I for one will buy one

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 03:32:35 PM »
Good idea, if it is about the club, staff and the players and not full of adverts.  Possible 3000 profit or more so why not.
Have you ever seen a programme without adverts? Its the sponsorship of the adverts by the said businesses which will also be forthcoming as well as the customers paying X for it.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 04:00:25 PM »
Have you ever seen a programme without adverts? Its the sponsorship of the adverts by the said businesses which will also be forthcoming as well as the customers paying X for it.

Id imagine part of the prompting of this is that the club wont be allowed to stream this game as BT have picked it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2020, 04:39:53 PM »
I would have thought Mark Hearle has sold a lot of advertising for the programme so rather than having to return advertisers monies it makes sense to produce the programme.   15 is a good fund raiser.  No doubt.  Depends though on ratio of adverts to copy to make it a worthwhile read.   

I suggested going forward? that the Club charges maybe 15 for streaming with an online programme thrown in.  Wont matter how many pages of copy then with no printing costs.

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 05:40:59 PM »
Sounds like a plan, Mall.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »
I would have thought Mark Hearle has sold a lot of advertising for the programme so rather than having to return advertisers monies it makes sense to produce the programme. 

If the Club has already committed itself to the expense of the program and received the advertisers money, its probably even more important for them to sell a reasonable number of programs.

Could well be possible that a fair number would be up for this, but personally would be concerned that 15 could be a bit too much for many.

Would they sell twice as many if it was only priced at 10?   :dontknow:

In future, linking it to the streaming service as Mallard suggests, sounds a good idea.  :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2020, 07:06:27 PM »
I would have thought Mark Hearle has sold a lot of advertising for the programme so rather than having to return advertisers monies it makes sense to produce the programme.   15 is a good fund raiser.  No doubt.  Depends though on ratio of adverts to copy to make it a worthwhile read.   

I suggested going forward? that the Club charges maybe 15 for streaming with an online programme thrown in.  Wont matter how many pages of copy then with no printing costs.

Mallard, did you ever hear back from the Club management with regards to the fund raising event you put forward to them?

And, any further forward with the Club shirt you offered to buy and raffle (was it a raffle)?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 07:15:32 PM »
In a word B&G no.  I guess they didn't think either idea was able to bring in enough money to warrant the effort involved.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 07:19:39 PM »
In a word B&G no.  I guess they didn't think either idea was able to bring in enough money to warrant the effort involved.

Amazing. I thought the target figure was circa 10k !  :dontknow:

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 07:36:58 PM »
A fund raising, season previewing programme commemorating our first ever game at this level sounds like a great idea. But as others have said, at that price it's all about the content. Seeking market research less than a week before the game suggests this content is not yet in place?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2020, 08:15:33 PM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/it-should-have-been-a-week-of-celebration-for-the-football-club-and-its-fans-not-this-kings-lynn-town-chairman-stephen-cleeve-9124440/

If there is a programme being produced and available to pre order then why is SC banging on about the game not going ahead unless he is given Gov money, which has to be larger than last seasons average gate and at a higher rate of admission than last season.

Talk of biting the hand that is hopefully going to feed you.

Very mixEd messages coming out of the club.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 08:23:55 PM »
Seeking market research less than a week before the game suggests this content is not yet in place?

Seeking market research less than a week before the game certainly suggests something!