Author Topic: FA YOUTH CUP  (Read 1794 times)

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
FA YOUTH CUP
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:24:12 PM »
I see that on the home page that the Youth team are at home next tuesday to Cambridge City. Spectators are allowed and adults will be £7 children free.
Best i get my old KES short trousers out see if i can get in for free!
I wonder if the teams have agreed this seemingly rather high amount especially if the Lynn team is made up of players helping out Downham Town Reserves in the Anglian Comb where i would imagine the entrance for league games is ZERO.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: FA YOUTH CUP
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »
This is at The Walks.
-----------------------------------------
Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve
·
21h
Total madness but at least good news for those missing The Walks - 6th October our Under 18's play Cambridge City in the FA Youth Cup fans are allowed!!! £ 7 for adults and concessions with kids going free, BT Sport will be on in the bars

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 01:22:58 AM »
Weren't these games £4 last season?
Higher costs involved, I imagine...

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 01:44:50 AM »
Why have the U19s had all 3 of their games PP so far.....and also appear to have no players registered??..... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 08:34:43 PM »
perhaps their arms were not twisted far enough up their backs to sign on, with the threat of never playing for King's Lynn if they didn't.
Surely they should be dual registered if they are also helping out Downham reserves.
£7 concession, no thanks. There will be football league grounds AGAIN cheaper than that.
God help us if we get through and draw Manchester Utd youth. We will have to win the lottery to pay to see it.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:35 PM »
Tickets for next Tuesdays FA Youth Cup against Cambridge City now available online.

Please note there is a 300 capacity

https://kingslynntownfc.ktckts.com/event/klt61020/kings-lynn-town-u18-v-cambridge-city-u18

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 08:23:03 AM »
I see that on the home page that the Youth team are at home next tuesday to Cambridge City. Spectators are allowed and adults will be £7 children free.
I wonder if the teams have agreed this seemingly rather high amount especially if the Lynn team is made up of players helping out Downham Town Reserves in the Anglian Comb where i would imagine the entrance for league games is ZERO.

Sad to see Gordon, that downham res have now withdrawn from the league.... :glum:....I thought the club were helping them out... :dontknow:

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 09:15:37 PM »
Wasn't aware of that.
Downham have lost several of the previous committee including the lady chairperson, several players who have left and gone to Gayton etc and all does not sound rosey over there at the moment.
I actually went to the Swaffham V Fakenham FA Vase game as a neutral as they are both good customers of mine. game ended 2-2 and Fakenham then won on penalties. Very entertaining afternoon and certainly personel from both clubs made me very welcome.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 04:12:01 PM »
Well my prediction this season is that fakenham will replace swaffham in the premier div..... :farmer:

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:27 PM »

I wonder if because it's "only" a youth game the electricity suppliers let the club have power for the floodlights etc for free ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 10:37:37 PM »

I wonder if because it's "only" a youth game the electricity suppliers let the club have power for the floodlights etc for free ?

Are they only expecting 50 people to turn up?  :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »
Maybe free admission but charge 15 notes for a programme.  Sure fire commercial success that idea.  Apparently

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 07:59:48 AM »
Could try the Ryanair business model.....free to get in ......£5 to get out... :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 02:31:22 PM »

https://www.kltown.co.uk/2020/10/14/kings-lynn-town-football-club-and-alive-west-norfolk-team-up/

Stephen Cleeve, Chairman of King’s Lynn Town Football Club said “.........................................Tickets to the screenings can be purchased from King’s Lynn Town Football Club and the whole ticket prices comes to the club, which will really help with our current costs".

From  the perspective of that point of view, I take it that Alive Leisure (basically the Tax Payer's money) must get Electricity and staff cost's for free too.   :dontknow:

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 04:20:52 PM »
I guess Alive Leisure get the beer money   :dontknow:
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”