Author Topic: Deal agreed  (Read 4354 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Deal agreed
« on: September 30, 2020, 06:44:34 AM »
The National League has agreed a deal with the government, all on for Saturday!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Deal agreed
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 07:57:06 AM »
Great to see progress has been made. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 08:47:48 AM »

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »
I wonder what the split of this money  will be ???  equally between all the clubs or will you have to prove  the wages bill  to get it

in which case the split may not be equal  lets hope it is 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 10:10:30 AM »
Be interesting to see how this gift is divid up amongst the Clubs.

If for example it is based on attendance (2019/20) of all the 66 Clubís now left in the National League structure, and basing it on say 2m a month Government handout then Lynn would receive £31,400 per Month.

However at the top of that Tree Notts County would receive £114,500.   At the bottom of the tree Hungerford would receive £7,100.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 10:32:04 AM »
Very Interesting Mallard this would help the club no end   but would it be enough in the long term not so sure 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 11:27:44 AM »
Mall's figures just highlight to me how it surely must be an even distribution....you can't be giving one club £114k and another £7k ....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 12:10:17 PM »
Equally its no good giving a Club like Notts County 30k if their need is £114k. That would be a complete waste of money if a club then still went bust due to being given a insufficient amount from the grant to enable them to keep going. Good money after bad, and money that could otherwise be distributed to the other clubs.
Likewise, does every single Club require the grant money (I'm sure they will all say they will  :laughcry: ). Again, if certain clubs don't need it or they could manage with a lower amount,  there's money that could be distributed among the more needy.

Then there's the clubs who are in such a perilous state due to the way they have run their business and were on a cliff edge prior to the Pandemic. Some have been reckless, hand to mouth, when it comes to spending, others have been very cautious. Should Clubs be expected to effectively support others because of this?

Do NL Clubs get a higher amount than North and South? Again, some clubs in North and South will have bigger monthly expenditure than those in NL.

Very difficult one and I doubt there will be time for clubs to supply sufficient data etc, and for NL to check everything out, so I do think it will actually be granted equally (or maybe an equal amount for NL Clubs, with a different, lower amount for North and South).

Apparently, irrespective of the amount each Club will receive, its being given on a monthly basis. That's the best idea as far as I'm concerned as the money is for survival and to assist with monthly costs. Its not there for more signings or to reduce existing debts.

Thankfully everything will keep going for the moment. Its not cured the Pandemic or solved the ongoing problems of some Clubs spending far more than they bring in. The re-set button still needs to be pressed or I fear we will be visiting this matter again.

Its just breathing space for now!

:scarf:

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 12:10:33 PM »
When you consider Lynnís average gate last season ( a promotion season,With two big gates included, York n Boston) was 1427 and Notts County was in excess of 5,000.  Is it really that far out ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 12:12:43 PM »
We have to remember the National League voted against a wage cap.    So if you are pulling in 5000 fans then you can afford to pay players to match that income.  The same as Lynn hopefully are paying wages based on 1400 plus

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 12:28:56 PM »
This is Govt (our) money.

"Football family"?

Where's the Premier League when you need them?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
Mall's figures just highlight to me how it surely must be an even distribution....you can't be giving one club £114k and another £7k ....

I know football is a game of opinions but so, apparently, are government grants.  I looked at Mall's figures and came up with exact opposite conclusion in that if it really is to be £2m spread across the 67 NL clubs then attendance is the only real proxy for the income lost which is what the grant is meant to be recompense for.  This is not a TV or sponsorship deal where people can claim the value is in the collective not the individual club, this is about clubs missing out on fans and the grant is there to help make up (some) of that shortfall

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
Is it 67 clubs or 66 now Macclesfield are gone ?  If itís 67 clubs then each club will receive less as it has to be factored by one more club

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2020, 01:46:20 PM »
Sorry, forgot we were one short even before Macclesfield.  £31K is probably well below what the club budgeted for assuming 2.75 home games per month although the grant shouldn't be VATable unlike gate receipts and add in streaming income plus I would imagine the club will run other 'specials' over the season such as the Yeovil programme to help make up the deficit. 

This is where the FotL need to step up and help galvanise the supporter base - if we accept fans won't be paying admission for the foreseeable and so won't be paying for the 50/50 etc can they get more to sign up to the 100 club and/or the 12th man initiatives as another way of helping to plug the shortfall?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2020, 02:07:25 PM »
If the wages are 10k Tony ( as you suggested). Then there is a shortfall in the wages  of 8k ( approx ) per Month.  Since then Hendo has left and Gash ill.  So that may have reduced the 10k weekly wage bill. 

SC is a firm believer in streaming being the way forward so should produce the shortfall to cover the wages.    I think SC said he could cover all the remaining costs if the wages were sorted.

Game on