Author Topic: Deal agreed  (Read 4842 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Deal agreed
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
Some interesting reading today from the PL and their Project Big Picture.

That could sort EFL finances out. Now who’s going to look after the NL?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 06:23:53 PM »
10m still supposed to be coming through to support clubs until the end of year.  The NL have to put together a proposal on how much each club will get, for the Government to rubber stamp.

Clubs have no idea, individually Clubs have no idea what they are getting.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 07:48:59 PM »
If they take another 5/6 days over it, that should ensure it's too late for a few clubs in the NL set up. I know there's a lot to consider....but they do need to get a wriggle on.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2020, 09:34:21 AM »
So I wonder what Mr Cleeve thinks of the reform idea endorsed by EFL chairman Rick Parry??
Any chance of a podcast to let us in on the plans and what they really mean?? :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2020, 09:51:48 AM »
I've been thinking and reading about this over the weekend. As always, there's for and against.

Its been described as a "Conronavirus grab", which I assume means PL are taking advantage of the current Pandemic and the precarious financial state of the EFL. They are probably doing just that, and if so, they're not the only ones trying to gain an advantage. Football is big business and its dog eat dog in their world.

One step closer to a European Super League? I would guess so.

Domestically, Project Big Picture appears to make a lot of sense. There's going to be an increase in European games in 2024. There are only 7 days in a week, so they have to fit them in somehow.

Personally I'd let them get on with it. It would solve the immediate problem that EFL have, and if PL are so determined to put such a large gap between the "Elite" (I hate that word, especially in sport) and the lower levels of the game, there really is not a lot people can do. They will force it through sooner or later, as the agenda appears to be what's best for their business (as is the case for the vast majority of Business's).

So, we'll have people that "follow" PL Clubs (with prices just getting higher and higher) and people that "support" their Clubs that play at a lower level.

People will get their football fix somewhere, with many wanting that fix to involve watching games live. It could be an opportunity not a problem.

It could be that by default, people's fingers are at least hovering over the reset button for NL football!

:scarf:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/indepth/project-big-picture-why-sooner-or-later-english-football-needs-to-change/ar-BB19W9OM?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=UP97DHP

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2020, 02:33:17 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/efl-clubs-will-grasp-liverpool-and-manchester-uniteds-big-picture/ar-BB19YthG?li=AAnZ9Ug&ocid=UP97DHP

"Sportsmail understands that the EFL is aware of seven clubs that are struggling to pay wages in October and without a cash boost they will go bust this month or next. Many more are believed to be close to the brink".

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/premier-league-clubs-face-battle-with-government-over-ppv-plans-and-project-big-picture/ar-BB19YuVO?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=UP97DHP

"Project Big Picture..............has been interpreted by the Government as naked opportunism".

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:11 PM »
With still no word on what’s going on with regard to the Dowden hand out.   Surely there must be be some Clubs in the National League feeling very concerned., and with contracts having kicked in by playing games,  I assume the first proper payday for some will come in the next couple of week.   If the funding is not forthcoming how many Clubs will be able to continue into November ?

Not heard a Cleeve podcast now for over three weeks.  With so much having happened over the last 3 weeks, does anyone have a Scooby why ?  Or has the Chairman pulled the plug on these podcasts ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2020, 07:12:10 PM »
It's going the same way as the bike voucher scheme..... remember that ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2020, 06:33:06 PM »
Just seen this on Ollie Baylis Twitter.

I understand the National League has assured clubs they will receive their first instalment of funding next week.

Clubs will also be given details next week of how the money will be allocated between the teams.

Phew, must have been some worried people.  I wonder how it’s been divided up, and will it be a straight cash deal ?

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 05:43:16 AM »
With still no word on what’s going on with regard to the Dowden hand out.   Surely there must be be some Clubs in the National League feeling very concerned., and with contracts having kicked in by playing games,  I assume the first proper payday for some will come in the next couple of week.   If the funding is not forthcoming how many Clubs will be able to continue into November ?

Not heard a Cleeve podcast now for over three weeks.  With so much having happened over the last 3 weeks, does anyone have a Scooby why ?  Or has the Chairman pulled the plug on these podcasts ?

There will be another one out when he wants something....or when he needs to put his side of a disagreement across....that's for sure... :dontknow:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2020, 08:40:26 PM »
So its £10 million between 66 clubs. Better than nothing i suppose.  :countingmoney: