Author Topic: Locally sourced  (Read 2744 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
Locally sourced
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:47:30 PM »
All our reserve and youth players are locally sourced, how far back must we go to equal the number of local players who feature in the first team squad?

rod

• View Profile
Re: Locally sourced
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 10:49:09 AM »
I cannot recall a time when we had so many local youngsters in and around the first team and i go back to the mid 50's and I don't think my memory is failing me.

Long may it continue!!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 11:14:50 AM »
It's really good having all this local talent ,great savings on travelling expenses

Frontman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
1978 -81  All Local players!!  100 per week wage bill!! Mini Bus travel; Mind you; Mick Wright still playing if he's classed local!

:bus:

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »
We are getting there, by my reckoning 11 of the 15 players on Tuesday night are local, 3 out of the five injured players are local. All the reserves and U18's plus managers and coaches from the 3 teams are local, except David Bridges. But I think David and Lee Stevenson should be considered honorary local for their commitment to the club. Well done Setch what a difference you are making.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 06:45:56 AM »
From 'Captains Blog'

"Finally it is great to see so many young lads from the area playing for Kings Lynn Town Football Club, It goes to show if you work hard and impress in the youth team or reserves you will get a chance with the first team. Look at the likes of Dylan Edge who has scored goals all season for the youth team and reserves, he has been given the chance to play and train with the first team and has fitted in superbly. The opportunity is there for young players at the club".