Author Topic: Away vs Maidenhead (6th Oct)  (Read 1096 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Away vs Maidenhead (6th Oct)
« on: October 05, 2020, 02:23:59 PM »
With a point on the board earned against a probable playoff contender, we head down to Maidenhead in a positive frame of mind against a team that got beaten 3-0 at the weekend.

Key decisions for IC imo are whether he tinkers with the formation to shore us up at the back and did the three attacking midfielders do enough to keep their starting roles?  Personally I would like to see us try a back three and then maybe go with a narrow diamond in midfield, assuming Jarvis can't do 2 x 90mins in the space of four days and if Clunan is available then pop him on the right and play Kelly on the left and maybe rotate Carey ahead of King as he must still be buzzing from his cameo on Saturday.  Plenty of options for IC, just a case of finding the right combinations whilst also making sure the squad stays happy and fresh.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Away vs Maidenhead (6th Oct)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:28:09 PM »
Start with the same side as last Saturday, not much wrong with that team. let them get used to each other.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 09:44:57 PM »
Beauty of it is the team doesn’t pick itself.   Does Marriott start or used from the bench again ?  Did Carey do enough from bench to warrant a starting place?   Smith didn’t have his best game, Barrows did a great job in there last season. 

All about opinions but there is only one persons that counts.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »
This squad is so “equal” that anyone not in for a particular game should feel confident that is a selection on a game to game basis only.   So, tonight’s team vs Maidenhead...  Street/Mair:   Jones,McAuley,Smith,Brown:   Barrows:   Clunan,Richards,King,Power:  Southwell.  Subs Carey, Kelly, Marriott, Street/Mair.  If subs neede, perhaps put all 3 on at once...... 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 03:18:13 PM »
No Jarv or Hawkins  and only 3 outfield players on the bench.  Surely we aren’t that stretched yet

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
You’re right, Mallard....  Missed off the other sub.  It’s Jarvis. If we need to hang on, or Hawkins if we need a goal.  Bit annoyed with myself for putting Kelly and Carey on the bench, because last season they were my first two names on the sheet.  But I try to pick horses for courses.  Those two will play more than most, I think, but tonight I want Barrows adding to defence, and augmenting attack.  What a good squad we have, but, no doubt, so do all the others ,

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 09:55:58 PM »
Great away win tonight, the boys played some excellent football :cheers: