Author Topic: I don't believe it  (Read 1159 times)

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
I don't believe it
« on: October 06, 2020, 11:10:32 PM »
Start of a new season, great point at home against a top non league club, even better away win tonight and people more interested in state of a flag, list of opponents sponsors, and spelling of a nickname, get a grip lads, enjoy the results, enjoy the football, enjoy the journey
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: I don't believe it
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:43:40 AM »
To bč fair Blue Moon, those comments were made before an excellent Away Win. IMO those penalties were pretty soft decisions and Maidenhead did not really threaten apart from some long range shots, one of which Pedro did well to save.

Adam Marriott was very unlucky to chip the goalie but be denied by the bar. My Mom was Aaron Jones again. Not sure who got it though.

Lads will be buzzing after that win and sitting 5th.

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 07:53:30 AM »
Blue, fancy starting a thread to moan at people moaning  :laughcry:

There are all kind of elements to a football Club.   Have a listen to Stephen Cleeve’s podcasts sometime.  Very little content in those about the actual Kings Lynn playing side, compared to various other items discussed.

What a fantastic win that was last night on the Road.   You score two, we’ll score three seems to be the order of the day.  Though I’m sure IC will want to tighten things up at the back.  We sure don’t go into games playing for a point from the outset.

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 07:56:45 AM »
Chuffed with that win. Lynn were always willing to play the passing game that they are so good at and scored some super goals as well - thought they thoroughly deserved the win. There will be sterner tests than Maidenhead United in this league though. Jones has come on leaps and bounds since he started at Lynn

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »
I dont think it's all just about moaning blue (although some of it is)...many remember the fall out from bad decisions made in the past....many supporters today wont....and will be 100% on the "let's enjoy the ride" train....others question the sustainability...you cant blame them for that....once bitten and all that.....anyway great result  :oldman" :oldman"

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 09:36:52 AM »
Blue, fancy starting a thread to moan at people moaning  :laughcry:

There are all kind of elements to a football Club.   Have a listen to Stephen Cleeve’s podcasts sometime.  Very little content in those about the actual Kings Lynn playing side, compared to various other items discussed.

What a fantastic win that was last night on the Road.   You score two, we’ll score three seems to be the order of the day.  Though I’m sure IC will want to tighten things up at the back.  We sure don’t go into games playing for a point from the outset.

Nice one :-)

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 11:58:44 AM »
Blue - You’re right about the performances/results so far, and that we should all be upbeat because of them.  But sponsorships and the image of the ground (including the flag) are very important too, because they add to the professionalism.  That professionalism is a necessity if the club is to maintain the standard we’re now at...

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 01:41:56 PM »
There has been a gap between 'on field' and 'off field' since IC arrived and took what was happening on the pitch to a completely new level (in every sense).  Off field still had a long way to catch up even last year and the gap it greater still now we are at step 1 and COVID is unlikely to help in that regard in the short term.

Off field doesn't just cover the management and infrastructure of the club imo, the fans also need to do their bit.  The Friends of the Linnets have to make themselves (and their fundraising activities) far, far more visible to the general fan and come up with a way of engaging with a wider cross section of the fan base - 16 fans signed up to the 12th man is better than last year but Ł80 won't go far in helping out with the win bonus.  All well and good telling fans to 'enjoy the journey' but wouldn't it be better still if fans could do their bit to try and avoid going the way the last 'journey' ended in 2009?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
What Flag is tatty and needs replacing  :dontknow:

I will Buy or Pay for a new one. Send me details someone.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »
What Flag is tatty and needs replacing  :dontknow:

I will Buy or Pay for a new one. Send me details someone.

This one, it's all frayed now.

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2020, 03:59:13 PM »
 really can'believe some complaining about a Flag, but all you have do is
 contact Mark Hearle at the,club and I'm sure he would be glad to see
any one who would like to buy the Flags. I spoke to him the other
day about it. So all you have to do is visit Mark Hearle and say I would like
help with a new flag, if you can'nt visit the club has a phone, I can not
believe it why now we have Mark why you have come on here complaining
about a flag, which as things stand with covid-19 it is a very small delails.
What we need is a crowd in the' and yes a flag would be very nice.
  Ps Mark dose not bite, yet.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2020, 04:12:57 PM »
People aren't complaining.
Or moaning, as many like to call any comments that are not their own.
It was just commented on because BT showed it quite a few times.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2020, 04:25:21 PM »
People aren't complaining.
Or moaning, as many like to call any comments that are not their own.
It was just commented on because BT showed it quite a few times.

Well said Jesus.

A47, do you really believe that all phone call's, emails or questions asked directly of Club officials get replied to?

They can't always even be bother to respond to idea's about fund raising!

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »
A47,  all we want is a crowd in ?  Do you not read/listen to the news ?.  People should be discouraged from meeting in large groups.   Sometimes there is a much bigger picture than a game of Football.

You are right B&G.  You can but try.  Still with all this Government handout money a few thousand quid obviously isn’t that attractive.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 05:09:49 PM »
I am in contact with Mark Hearle and he is getting back to me about cost. (See, they do answer.)

I shall buy at least one, possibly two if price is OK.