Author Topic: saturday v Solihull Moors  (Read 2888 times)

Linnet

• View Profile
Re: saturday v Solihull Moors
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 04:11:31 PM »
The live feed is pants Broken down half a dozen times

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 04:13:06 PM »
Might ask for a refund lol

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 05:02:32 PM »
Very glad that has come early in season... 3 goals from corners....Lynn need to sort the defensive line and need a commanding centre half

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »
Video feed was a pain at times and the replays where poor edits but good idea.
Lynn looked poor today left wing was inviting the Solihull players in.
Poor passing not even getting to the player.
The idea of playing from keeper to defender to midfield etc wasn’t the way to play.
You could see that alway through the game we was inviting them in to our half all the time.
Whole team and management got it wrong today unfortunately.
But it’s early in the season and it’s a good learning curve just hope we pick ourselves up for the next game.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2020, 06:05:19 PM »
At no time did Southwell get a through all or Marriott get one to feet.  They spent all game watching the ball fly high over their shoulders. So the midfield were to blame today.  Also our 2CHs were slow.  Same with Jarvis.  We must have been expecting a physical exam, but their strength was in a good passing game, plus some slippery skill men who ran us ragged.  Archer, in particular.  They are a good side in a smart stadium, to be fair., and played good football throughout. I thought Smith looked favourite for that ball against Archer, but he seemed to back off to get a “ position” to defend a cross.  Anyway, we’ll be back, but we must pick the players who’ll pin the opponents back....And where was Power ?  Rant over !!!  Apols for boring you on a Sat night.  Time for a beer !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2020, 06:21:57 PM »

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2020, 06:25:11 PM »
And where was Power ? 

Injured. Groin strain.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 07:13:35 PM »
Thanks B & G...  Do you know where Alfie Payne and Nathan Fox are ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2020, 08:28:52 PM »
Nathan Fox at Alfreton

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »
At no time did Southwell get a through all or Marriott get one to feet.  They spent all game watching the ball fly high over their shoulders. So the midfield were to blame today.  Also our 2CHs were slow.  Same with Jarvis.  We must have been expecting a physical exam, but their strength was in a good passing game, plus some slippery skill men who ran us ragged.  Archer, in particular.  They are a good side in a smart stadium, to be fair., and played good football throughout. I thought Smith looked favourite for that ball against Archer, but he seemed to back off to get a “ position” to defend a cross.  Anyway, we’ll be back, but we must pick the players who’ll pin the opponents back....And where was Power ?  Rant over !!!  Apols for boring you on a Sat night.  Time for a beer !

Just a bad day at the office?

First loss at this level, but it was against one of the favourites for the title, and away from home. This was always going to be a difficult day, but it was a bigger loss than I anticipated, especially at HT.

Just read IC's comments in LN's article, and made me wonder about a few things. Was this a one off, or can we expect more of this? Were we that poor on the day  or were they that good? Could it have been wrong tactics on the day? Maybe Players attitude? 

Will we be good enough for this level, although we have given a good account of ourselves in previous two games.

One thing that I believe many will agree with, is that the live stream left a lot to be desired.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2020, 08:31:13 PM »
Nathan Fox at Alfreton

Yes, I was then going to post that.

Nobody appears to know anything about Alfie Payne.   :dontknow:

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
Gave up on the live stream at half time.

Contented myself with the Radio Norfolk commentary for the second half which was good

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »
Will be interesting to see how IC deals with this ion Tuesday.   It shows what a massive step up this League is.  Not so much the bottom or indeed the middle but the top
Teams are going to take some living with.

I think we have to learn to deal with the physicality in this League.  There are som big units in most teams and we have to deal with that.  Will that mean a few changes of personnel as the season progress,  I feel sure that will happen.   The big man up top is a massive miss as it gives us the chance of getting it up to him and know it will stick, giving us a chance to play from further up the pitch.

Having conceded 9 in 3 games IC, I’m sure will be desperate to tighten that up. Has he got the options to do that at the moment, maybe not.   So he has to find away of protecting that soft underbelly, in the short term.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
I was thinking exactly the same Mall

It's very early in the season, but it seems like there could be a chasm between the likes of Solihull, Hartlepool Stockport, Notts County etc and the rest.

Lynn have ,we all acknowledge, had great success up till now, playing an open game and relying on scoring more than they concede. IC conceded that Lynn would have to be less open this season, before the season started.

The big question will be how to tighten up against full time seasoned pros, many of whom are natural athletes.

While it might be possible to compete well against the lower echelons in the NL, the danger is that a few heavy defeats against the top sides could knock confidence and have a negative impact on the whole campaign.

We do seem to lack pace, height and possibly sheer strength in the centre back positions...... fortunately we have in charge, one of the best tacticians in the league .

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 11:21:23 PM »
I agree we’re not quick enough in central defence.  I don’t think physicality in that area is lacking, because that can result in penalties !  From the games I’ve seen, the top teams have some quick off the mark tricky players that are the difference.  Notts County have Roberts, Reeves, Wootton, and the winger who scored today, (don‘t have his name to hand).  Wootton is big, but has clever feet. Solihull have Archer, who ran us ragged the whole game.  Strong defenders can’t stop that type.  Nine men back for a forest of legs, IMO !  We only had individual defenders to stop Archer and others.  He should have had 6 to beat, not 1 or 2.  Where was Jarvis playing ?  Opponents are mostly young, fit, and quick, and slippery.  We need the same, then put THEM on the defensive for periods. Our strikers are not being supplied with the ball !