Author Topic: saturday v Solihull Moors  (Read 2889 times)

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: saturday v Solihull Moors
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 07:40:43 AM »
Anybody else seen the bitterness of Gary Setchell on twitter?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 09:07:04 AM »
Like you KES I have total faith in IC.  He has time again said what a strong committed group he has in the dressing room.  However you could tell in his interview he was seething.   He has thrown down the gauntlet to the players for Tuesday to show him that this was a blip.  Ok, we might not win every game  and getting beat is no shame but it is the manner of the defeat.   

Tuesday night is a big test for Players and Manager.   

Looking at the bench yesterday.  We went a keeper, a striker and 3 midfield players.  What can you do to shore up a leaky defence with a bench like that ?    Maybe the squad needs a certain amount of readjustment. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 09:51:53 AM »
Yes, well we lost Tom Ward pre season (not necessarily saying he was the answer) who at 6ft 5 ins, may have been useful and of course Gashy was vey important defensively too last season. I don't know much about Mc Fadden...not especially tall, but hopefully quick and strong.
Ithink possibly a number of factors yesterday in addition to Solihull being a strong side. Change of keeper (did well, but still a change for CBs to assimilate), 3 at back didn't seem to work... another change for CBs to assimilate, Jarv who looked majestic in first two games, may have needed a rest day and a few in the team, not yet fully fit and sharp (Clunan,King,Mazz) plus the late goals against Y and M kind of covered up cracks, such that IC's warnings about soft goals may not have hit home fully till yesterday....all 4 of the first goals conceded in the season were given rather than created.
Main concern, I feel will be how to defend set pieces and how to be more robust, yet fair, in the challenges in and around the box......Lynn are generally quite a small side.
Be fascinating to see what IC comes up with.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 10:03:09 AM »
Anybody else seen the bitterness of Gary Setchell on twitter?
Can't see anything I would read as bitterness. More a case of backing someone that used to play for him. Nothing to see here as far as I can see.

I hope Alex does not see things the same way, but theres been no hint of that as far as I can see.

Just a very minor Twitter comment from a Lynn lad that used to manage his home town football Club.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 11:09:53 AM »
Mallard, BT3 doing a National League programme on Wednesday afternoon, this could be the highlights from Tuesday night. BT Sport has said sorry for not showing any highlights from Solihull. They had technical issues with Solihull.  Thank god!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Thanks that re Wed afternoon.  Will check it out.

I saw that on BT last night Mac and thought thank heavens for that.  Then they went and spoilt it by saying they hoped to show it on tomorrow nights coverage of the Wrexham game !

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 04:53:22 PM »
Nathan Fox at Alfreton

Yes, I was then going to post that.

Nobody appears to know anything about Alfie Payne.   :dontknow:

He's at Braintree.