Author Topic: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th  (Read 3048 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th
« on: October 11, 2020, 01:01:28 PM »
Lynn take on Boreham Wood at Home on Tuesday evening. Boreham have Drawn 1 at Home and Lost their Away game so sit 3rd from bottom.

This is a chance for us to bounce back from a Thumping at Solihull and get back our confidence.

I am not sure about Chris Smith as a starting CH and would prefer Ross Barrows alongside MacAuley, Jones and Brown with someone sitting just in front (can we get Quigley back  :laughcry: :laughcry:).

Ryan Jarvis needs a rest and Clunan needs minutes as a starter.

Anyway, that's IC's job to manage and pick the team and formations - Will be watching on Live Stream so COYL

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 02:40:15 PM »
Be interesting to see how McAuley and Smith cole with the big unit that is Matt Rhead.  Won’t have to worry about getting done for pace but will know they have been in a battle.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:18:18 AM »
Tweet

Stephen Cleeve
@StephenCleeve

For those of you that have bought streaming the service starts from 7.15- we have spent a lot with 3 cameras upgraded broadband, new gantry , faster laptops etc but sadly only 25 have bought it. Very likely we will only stream to season ticket holders going forward make our life much easier - wrexham sold 2,700 streams for their opening fixture we can’t make it worth while at these low numbers so if the numbers stay the way that they are please do not complain- we will just stream when is a big away following
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »
Surely he realises a lot of people will sign up later today  If he threatens to withdraw it we might just say we won't bother then

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 09:37:41 AM »
Given our current chairman's "motivational" Tweet earlier today, I duly signed up for the stream tonight - has anyone else signed up as I haven't had any sort of confirmation from Insight4 that they processed the transaction?  I have sent an email to the club but just posting on here to see if anyone else had any experience.  Thanks

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 09:48:35 AM »
Has to be a reason why so few have signed for Streaming.

Maybe the Commercial Manager has pitched it too high at £12, though I guess SC would have signed off on it.   Those prices encourage people to illegal stream it. Or maybe watch it at the Napier/ Live n live for nothing.  There’s maybe a couple of grand lost there.

Is Wrexham ( fan owned club, for now) really a good example to gauge us against?  Or maybe there is are lessons to be gained from that.   Plus all the people ‘helping’ at the game tonight would be handing over their 12 quid, if they weren’t needed at The game tonight

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 10:19:02 AM »
Given our current chairman's "motivational" Tweet earlier today, I duly signed up for the stream tonight - has anyone else signed up as I haven't had any sort of confirmation from Insight4 that they processed the transaction?  I have sent an email to the club but just posting on here to see if anyone else had any experience.  Thanks

Apparently you are not alone. Some are apparently still awaiting for passwords and user names, despite being season ticket holders.   :dontknow:

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 10:45:10 AM »
Seem to work for me - registered, paid and I get this which I assume will spring to life at 7.15 tonight

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 10:54:04 AM »
Appreciate that there may be a few teething issues with all of the NL clubs having to find their own way in the world of streaming (why the NL haven't been working on a league wide system over the summer is a question for another day) so appreciate a bit of patience may be required. 

As for Mall's question about the £12 price point, personally I think it is a bit high but I guess the decision was would the club get 20% more paying customers at £10?  My guess is they might, if you discount season ticket holders who are getting the stream as part of their ticket that leaves the 'floating' fan and I think a number of them may be discouraged at paying more than £10 regularly, especially when you can watch a premier league match for £14.95

Admin, just seen your post, thanks.  Fingers crossed that this is the case but personally I would have liked a quick email saying 'thanks, you are registered for tonights match, the feed will start at 7.15pm' - is that too much to ask in this day and age? 

Gaz8181

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 10:58:25 AM »

I tried to sign up, but have had no information or instruction. Let me know if you have any luck?! Part of the reason I have signed up to the forum, to see if I can find anyone with the same issue.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 10:58:59 AM »
I think given the COVID problems with Kettering, Boston United and Altrincham call-offs people will not be inclined to purchase a ticket until a few hours before the game.
Still not sure what happens if the game is called off - anyone seen anything?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »

I tried to sign up, but have had no information or instruction. Let me know if you have any luck?! Part of the reason I have signed up to the forum, to see if I can find anyone with the same issue.

So what do you see when you login?
I just got a screen saying buy ticket and do I want to have a £7 programme with that.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 11:29:37 AM »
Are Radio Norfolk broadcasting tonight live from The Walks ?  Might be another reason to
Put people of shelling out £12.  If they are then will they be able use Nick Bowler’s commentary.  It does help to have a pro doing the commentary rather than like some clubs who just give the mic to anyone.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »
Yes - it's very useful because of the time lag between radio and internet stream. Last week it was 45 seconds.