Author Topic: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th  (Read 3046 times)

keymaster

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »
Hi
Mine has also came on now
K

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »
Just logged in via my smart tv. Picture keeps freezing every 2 minutes or so. I hope that is not going to happen during the game :nilpoints:

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »
All I have seen so far is a buffering disk spinning round. Going to have to listen to radio Norfolk.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2020, 08:37:18 PM »
Can't get mine on smart TV OK on laptop.

Paul Hampson

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2020, 09:44:19 PM »
Not the result we wanted 2 sloppy goals caused by defensive errors and Lynn keep did what he could and took one for the team by giving the penalty away. He made some very good saves.
We are missing gash and defence needs working on. 2 teams on the trot with big players out playing us. I believe as the season goís on we will turn it around not lost faith in the club itís a very big step up and we just have to build the club up to match it we need to go full time no matter what but I know that wonít be for sometime.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2020, 10:03:30 PM »
For too long English pundits have gone on about size and strength.  ....  but itís nipsters that the better teams have.  They were too quick for us all over the pitch.  We need a couple of nipsters.  And. Carey has to start....  But I do agree we need a CH... Solihull and BW have shown itís so important to have slippery players who are quick over short distances.....We have some players who are quick over long distances, but the gaps arenít there to run into !.....

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2020, 06:16:54 AM »
It seemed to me that whilst Mair has proven himself to be a fantastic shot-stopper, his ability to command and organise his defence isnít quite up to scratch at the minute, and no one else in the backline is stepping up to organise it in Pedroís absence.

I think dropping pedro has unbalanced our defence as a whole, and I present not only the 8 goals conceded, but the general sense of being lost from the last two games as evidence for such.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2020, 08:09:14 AM »
I think the gulf between the top of the National and where we played in NLN last season is plain to see.  We are coming up against seasoned, mostly full time campaigners and coming up way short. 

Saturday will be interesting as we come up against a side who are at our Ďlevelí.  Now if he getting a grubbing there then we have serious problems.

I fully expect ICís team to evolve over the next 6/7 months and feel the squad will have a very different look about it come the end of the season.   

Maybe IC has been too loyal to certain players.  However he has given them a chance and some have been found wanting.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2020, 08:40:35 AM »
We are really missing the Gash man up front ,IMO he left out Jarvis king Burrows to save them for Saturday when we play a team that has come up from the same level as us and we will have a chance of a win,last night showed how far we are behind the top teams but we are only part timers in a league full of full time professionals.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2020, 08:43:43 AM »
Very surprised at Mair being given the call so soon. Pedro has been fantastic over a number of years and he and the defence are close knit and know each others game inside out. We didn't get over run against Yeovil and were in the game v Maidenhead but have been a league behind v albeit stronger opposition in S and B W........and by stronger I mean pacier AND physically stronger (Hi Dilly).

Mair seems a real talent, but it will take time to gel with the back 4 and therefore not ideal coming into a new league.
Must be really tough for Pedro...... can't see him staying as a permanent number 2. I had thought Mair might get his first runout in the FACup in a couple of weeks time...... nothing against him of course...

Looking through the side, either keeper, the full backs, Jarv provided used sparingly, Carey, King and Power (when both fully fit), Marriott and Southwell look ok at this level so far. Time yet for a few others to grow into it...........we can't realistically expect to be able to go toe to toe with the top sides straight away.....we are a part time side up against seasoned full timers....ideally we need a centre back with League 2/NL experience who has a good couple of years left in him, who has the fitness levels and experience to organise things..........

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »
Interesting listening to IC on Radio Norfolk after the game last night and I would agree that we are not really looking to compete with Solihull or Boreham Wood, both of whom would expect to be pushing for play-offs this season.  What is of greater concern, particularly last night is that IC abandoned what has got us to this point, yes Boreham Wood were effective with their pressing game but we looked totally incapable of stringing more than a couple of passes together and so often elected to go long to a hard worked but ultimately ineffective Southwell. 

I know games are coming thick and fast and there has to be a rotation of the squad but we have to have more in midfield than we did last night, yes the back four look wobbly but with absolutely nothing in front of them to offer protection it was only a matter of time before the goals came.  IC has also taken to talking about 'men' in the opposition, I think this is partly to explain the physical presence of sides but also the 'men against boys' that last night so obviously was.  Unfortunately we already have a big squad compared to some sides in this league so maybe there is the realisation that some of the acquisitions during the off season didn't really plug the gaps that were already there from last year.

Just a quick note on the streaming - pretty good service with just a couple of short buffering episodes, not sure of the placement of the 2nd & 3rd cameras and some of the cutting between them in the first half didn't help but improved as the match went on.  SC proved to be a good 'colour' man and came across well imo, MH needs to understand he is on TV not radio and talk less but all in all a reasonable first effort, lets hope fans get behind it and keep paying for the service.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2020, 08:55:47 AM »
Looking through the side, either keeper, the full backs, Jarv provided used sparingly, Carey, King and Power (when both fully fit), Marriott and Southwell look ok at this level so far. Time yet for a few others to grow into it...........we can't realistically expect to be able to go toe to toe with the top sides straight away.....we are a part time side up against seasoned full timers....ideally we need a centre back with League 2/NL experience who has a good couple of years left in him, who has the fitness levels and experience to organise things..........

Game of opinions KES, for me King hasn't done much and I remain to be convinced that he wasn't just in the right place at the right time ie was he what we really needed?  Maybe more of a gap now Hendo has gone but still think we already had (and still have) options in that position.  I also struggle to see what Power adds to the side, teams at this level won't be scared by his pace which seems his biggest weapon, still don't think he is worth changing the shape and balance of the team for.  Carey we can agree on, one of the bright spots so far, always looks positive and hopefully can find more opportunities as the season progresses. 

As for the Mair vs Pedro debate, I think he has done well (in difficult circumstances) so far although I would accept we don't have a leader within the back four but I am not sure that situation is much different when Pedro has the gloves.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2020, 09:10:45 AM »
Agree with much of that Tony.
I think King will prove his worth when he is fit, agree in part re Power.but I still think he will be a threat at this level......and if you were to write those two off, we only have a small number currently up to standard.
Lack of protection for the back line from midfield has been a concern before now...and currently is being really exposed.
Important we don't get caught betwixt and between with the system in place.......the team that got promoted is capable of being competitive at Weymouth......one in transition may or may not be.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2020, 10:23:21 AM »
On the KL Town Twitter who on Earth was that conducting the interview with IC ?   Surely we can do better than that.  Cringe worthy.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2020, 10:51:14 AM »
Just an observation would bring in Burrows at left back and move Brown further forward. Thought Brown kept getting dragged too far in.