Author Topic: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th  (Read 3113 times)

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: King's Lynn v Boreham Wood - Tuesday 13th
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2020, 11:01:14 AM »
On the KL Town Twitter who on Earth was that conducting the interview with IC ?   Surely we can do better than that.  Cringe worthy.

Looking at Millys response looks like it was Bevan Asher...I may be wrong though....only going on millys replies.
If it is he better quickly get on top of his terminology and questions. IC is a very sharp experienced manager and will jump on him and shoot him down in a flash

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 11:27:18 AM »
Its BARROWS not Burrows, for fxxk sake if youre proper supporters at least get the lads name right.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
Ah so spelling is important to you.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »
Sorry Blueboy
don't like to correct you but it should be you're not youre

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2020, 12:08:16 PM »
On the KL Town Twitter who on Earth was that conducting the interview with IC ?   Surely we can do better than that.  Cringe worthy.

Looking at Millys response looks like it was Bevan Asher...I may be wrong though....only going on millys replies.
If it is he better quickly get on top of his terminology and questions. IC is a very sharp experienced manager and will jump on him and shoot him down in a flash

Maybe it's what happens when part timers meet full time professionals.   :dontknow:

I've always thought that Bev's video's are top quality. However being good at that does not automatically means he's going to be a good interviewer.

You can't knock him for trying though.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2020, 12:17:12 PM »
I disagree B&G.    We have more experienced people within the club to conduct these sensitive interviews.   It’s one thing to interview a Manager after a convincing win where everyone is happy, joking, smiling.    Totally different when you have to get something worthwhile out of a Manager who Has just suffered his 2nd dicking in 72 hours. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
I disagree B&G.    We have more experienced people within the club to conduct these sensitive interviews.   It’s one thing to interview a Manager after a convincing win where everyone is happy, joking, smiling.    Totally different when you have to get something worthwhile out of a Manager who Has just suffered his 2nd dicking in 72 hours.

You have a lovely way with words!   :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2020, 12:45:05 PM »
Agree with Blueboy, it's Ross Barrows not Burrows.

I have noticed that spelling and grammar is, sometimes, not the best but I'm sure we can usually make sense of the occasional error. However, the correct spelling of a person's name is important, particularly to the person affected and their family/friends.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2020, 01:07:53 PM »
I would say if you're going to work in media....spelling and grammar are a must.... :dontknow:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2020, 01:20:01 PM »
Hi KES !  In both defeats we were pulled apart by their slippery players.  We’ll never stop that sort with “strength” because our strongmen will be tackling thin air !  It often amuses me listening to commentators and their right-hand pros talking about “strength”, “holding” players, etc., because when you see the replay there was no contact at all !  It’s a cliche/trend to me!  “That Number 10 position” is up there as well !  If there WAS strength, it’s virtually always a foul!  Ijust think we have to get some nippy players quick, or we’ll struggle to win games at all.  Hoe I’m wrong !

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »
Are ‘Nippy’ players different to ‘Slippery’ players or are they one and the same animal ?

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2020, 01:34:39 PM »
Sorry Blueboy
don't like to correct you but it should be you're not youre
[/quote
It is with someone's name or perhaps we should change them all, Michael Gosh or Gush, Alex Streek ]or even Bastock to Bostock.ì

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2020, 01:47:47 PM »
However, the correct spelling of a person's name is important, particularly to the person affected and their family/friends.

Effected, not affected.

The person that misspelt the name has caused the affect, the person (or their family) who's name has been misspelt has been effected.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Wrong way round B &G
Affect is a verb, effect is a noun.
The person has been affected by an event...verb/doing word
The effect of his action was ........noun

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 02:26:08 PM »
Affect is usually a verb, and it means to impact or change. Effect is usually a noun, an effect is the result of a change.

There are certain situations that break the general usage rules for these words.