Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 2683 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Re: FA Cup
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 01:08:33 PM »
I would imagine that if the club offered free streams to season ticket holders then Notts County would be well within their rights to claim £6 for each and every season ticket holder (50% of the lost revenue) whether the supporter watched the game or not - certainly that would be what we would be asking for were the tables turned.  I don't understand why anyone would have bought a season ticket this season with all the uncertainty (unless they really, really wanted to keep 'their' seat for 2021/22 season) but I still think they should be paying to stream cup games.

As for Mallard's comment about the club being 'take, take, take', I just don't agree - yes we have 'top end' prices for entrance (and now streaming) but this was started under Chapman, at least now you can see where the money is being spent - on the pitch (in both senses of the word).  Our stream was pretty good on Tuesday for a first attempt and whilst I have raised a few issues with the club, it was far better than a number of NL clubs offerings so far.

The club needs fans to back it, not just vocally from the terraces on a Saturday afternoon (when we are allowed back) but also financially in whatever way they can - 16 fans in the 12th man is hardly worthy of a NL club.  Also going to watch the stream at the Nap or L&LL rather than the Corn Exchange is also taking money away from the club and whatever people's views on SC, ultimately this will have a direct impact on what IC has as a budget going forward

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 02:28:45 PM »
Just read KLTFC website ref FA Cup rules prevent Season Ticket holders are not allowed "Free" access.

Quote: "Please note that season ticket holders must purchase a stream for this fixture and will not be provided with a free pass due to rules of the competition."

I stand to be corrected on this, but I can't find anything thst mentions the FA saying that free streaming is not permitted. As far as I can see, the FA mentions "access". The season ticket holders would not be gaining access.

I know that free entry into the ground to watch the game,  for season ticket holders, is not permitted, but I'm struggling to find anything that would stop season ticket holders being allowed to stream for free.

Same with opponents sharing streaming income. I can't find anything that relates directly to this.

As said, I stand to be corrected on this so if anyone can find anything that the FA have stated with regards to streaming, please feel free to post the link. I'm sure season ticket holders would appreciate it.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »
I am sure they would.....but as far as I am aware they wouldn't get free admission to Cup games normally.
I am not sure the club is able to offer such handouts as it still hasn't had any government money and still doesn't know what it might get.
Maybe if the Gvnmt support money is decent then the club might be in a position to do something going forward....at the moment tho I would think it's still about survival

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 02:38:21 PM »
Tone,  with the stories coming out about the amount we have applied for then I wouldnít worry to much about Budgets coming up short.   

Just think sometimes the Club could give something back to those who support the club.  Season ticket holders got short changed last season and again the same this season.  Would it not be a gesture of goodwill and thank you to those self same supporters to say have this one on us ?   

A47 Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:37 PM »
 All F.C games are all pay I can not see the differant with this, I am a season ticket
holder and I expect to pay but not in league games when streamed in the Cornhall.
 When Mr Chapman was in charge he did know the rules regarding F A cup games and if
I remember Rye kick up a stink quite rightly so.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2020, 03:02:47 PM »
I would guess those that purcashed season tickets for this season, especially those who also didn't ask for any refund last season, did so as a personal attempt to support the club. :scarf:

With the Club having "top end prices", I can understand that some feel justified in making take take take comments :dontknow: 

I can't see anything that relates to Notts County being entitled to half the proceeds of streaming, let alone the Club having to pay 50% of season ticket holders if they streamed free. If the Club needs to pay another Club due to streaming income then the FA need to make a specific ruling on that matter.

I do agree that Lynn would probably want half of other Clubs streaming income though, entitled to it or not.

16 fans in the 12 man. If that's the case then the Club needs to look into why and who's responsible for it.

Top end prices being started by Chapman. Probably true but completely irrelevant. Cleeve is his own man and whatever Chapman did or didn't do in the past wouldn't even come into it.

The Nap or Live and Let Live can't be blamed for taking advantage by streaming in their pubs. That's no difference to the Club getting use of Corn Exchange for free (the running costs of which both Nap and Live and Let Live contribute to via local taxes). As a businessman, Cleeve will use situations where he can gain an advantage for his business, and the other business owners are doing the same. Nothing wrong with any of them doing that (as long as its legal). As far as the fans are concerned, it could be more of a case of them supporting the places and business's they frequent all the time (e.g. Nap and Live and Let Live), more than a case of them not supporting the Club.

The Club is not the only business that is appealing to their regular customers for their support.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 03:14:45 PM »

When Mr Chapman was in charge he did know the rules regarding F A cup games and if
I remember Rye kick up a stink quite rightly so.

If a season ticket holder was offered a free stream, they haven't got to accept it. That would be down  to the individual.

I think you will find that Rye query was regarding the size of the declared gate.

I also remember the initial response they apparently received from the Club when they tried to resolve the issue before involving the FA.

My understanding of the situation was that when FA became involved, a more realistic attendance figure was declared.

This has nothing to do with streaming. The FA rules on sharing gate receipts are very clear. As mentioned previously, I can't find anything that means these rules should automatically refer to streaming.  :dontknow:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 10:11:45 AM »
On Notts C Twitter the are showing a Link to KLTFC Streaming. They also mention that they (Notts C) are getting 50% of the Stream money.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 10:56:52 AM »
On Notts C Twitter the are showing a Link to KLTFC Streaming. They also mention that they (Notts C) are getting 50% of the Stream money.

Thanks Mike.   :scarf:

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 08:40:47 PM »
With an 84K monthly windfall starting next week might i suggest that streaming is now FREE as a thank you to the loyal supporters.
I will get my hardhat out ready for the flack!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:04 PM »
Think you should Have a word with yourself  Gordon coming out with silly ideas like that.  This is a one way street, not two way.

poshlinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2020, 10:46:05 AM »
I don't understand why anyone would have bought a season ticket this season with all the uncertainty (unless they really, really wanted to keep 'their' seat for 2021/22 season) but I still think they should be paying to stream cup games.

TonyM, this is the first year I have bought a season ticket. I got one for myself and one each for the kids. There was a fair bit of thought in this, after last seasons fantastic results and the way the team has played football on the pitch we wanted a way to show that we supported the playing team and the club as a whole. We decided that we would get to as many home games as possible this year so a season ticket gives us an economic gain in a normal season. With CoViD restrictions looming during pre-season it was obvious that if limited numbers were allowed into the ground then it would be season ticket holders first and we don't want to miss that chance. As it became clear that we would not be watching at the Walks it also became clear to me that the club would need as much support financially as possible, so I was happy to let the club have my season ticket money to carry on with the National League project. The streaming for season ticket holders has come as a bonus to us as and its something that I didn't count on having, so Mr Cleeve, thank you for that one.

We've all got our own reasons for the ways we financially support the club and in my mind this was the simplest way to allow me to do that. Other people may be happy to add to the 'war chest' or give to the ground development fund. My thinking is that a season ticket shows the club that my intent was to support throughout the season and the monies will be allocated by the club with that in mind.

Keep the Faith, COYL

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 01:28:51 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would have bought a season ticket this season with all the uncertainty (unless they really, really wanted to keep 'their' seat for 2021/22 season) but I still think they should be paying to stream cup games.

TonyM, this is the first year I have bought a season ticket. I got one for myself and one each for the kids. There was a fair bit of thought in this, after last seasons fantastic results and the way the team has played football on the pitch we wanted a way to show that we supported the playing team and the club as a whole. We decided that we would get to as many home games as possible this year so a season ticket gives us an economic gain in a normal season. With CoViD restrictions looming during pre-season it was obvious that if limited numbers were allowed into the ground then it would be season ticket holders first and we don't want to miss that chance. As it became clear that we would not be watching at the Walks it also became clear to me that the club would need as much support financially as possible, so I was happy to let the club have my season ticket money to carry on with the National League project. The streaming for season ticket holders has come as a bonus to us as and its something that I didn't count on having, so Mr Cleeve, thank you for that one.

We've all got our own reasons for the ways we financially support the club and in my mind this was the simplest way to allow me to do that. Other people may be happy to add to the 'war chest' or give to the ground development fund. My thinking is that a season ticket shows the club that my intent was to support throughout the season and the monies will be allocated by the club with that in mind.

Keep the Faith, COYL
Well put , Iím same reason as yourself and Iíll be having one next season to  :scarf: :scarf:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
Mixed emotions after Notts county pull out of tie due to COVID
Wish all the people affected speedy recovery