Author Topic: Away vs Weymouth (17th October)  (Read 2646 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Away vs Weymouth (17th October)
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2020, 05:14:39 PM »
WLM wasnít Loza suspended for today ?

It seems the  honeymoon period is well And truly over. Another pen given away.   I think we all have the faith that IC will shuffle, add, takeaway and find away for us to compete in this League.  Not necessarily with the big boys but certainly more than hold our own with the middle clubs downwards.  So far we have needed to score a min of 3 goals in every game to win it.  IC being a classy defender will, Iím sure be disappointed at the goals shipped and has to look at the back 5/6 very closely. 

I donít think we have an issue with either of the keepers.  Are the two lads at the back good enough/Strong enough for this level.   The 2 fullbacks great at bombing on, but what about the muck and nettles side of the game, question marks there. 

You donít lose games with clean sheets.  Maybe itís back to basics and start there.   

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2020, 05:25:50 PM »
Where is Tai Fleming? Supposedly a Defender.

Chris Smith hardly put a foot wrong today. Pleasantly surprised. Our defence was not really tested but silly handball and loss of control by McAuley cost us the game.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Ytsejam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 05:27:21 PM »
WLM wasnít Loza suspended for today ?

It seems the  honeymoon period is well And truly over. Another pen given away.   I think we all have the faith that IC will shuffle, add, takeaway and find away for us to compete in this League.  Not necessarily with the big boys but certainly more than hold our own with the middle clubs downwards.  So far we have needed to score a min of 3 goals in every game to win it.  IC being a classy defender will, Iím sure be disappointed at the goals shipped and has to look at the back 5/6 very closely. 

I donít think we have an issue with either of the keepers.  Are the two lads at the back good enough/Strong enough for this level.   The 2 fullbacks great at bombing on, but what about the muck and nettles side of the game, question marks there. 

You donít lose games with clean sheets.  Maybe itís back to basics and start there.

Wish I had your confidence!!...going to be a long, long Winter and a huge struggle to keep our heads above water (bottom three positions). At least one new CB and another striker are needed and IF those changes are going to happen, then they need to happen quickly before all confidence is lost.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 05:34:36 PM »
It's just not good enough at this level....just not professional enough all over the pitch........and I think it is a real eye opener for some of the squad which is why it is taking a while to adjust. However, Lynn can't afford much longer for people to catch up. I wonder if either of the centre halves are currently good enough for this level, in terms of strength, speed, discipline and nous.
I think this performance will hurt IC the most..... it's one thing to be outclassed by seasoned pros, but when you come up against a side weaker than you, who are yet to score this season and have only one point from 4 games and you have the better of the match, the chance to kill it off and take 3 points and you end up throwing it away  with indiscipline and poor defensive work.....well that is something else.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2020, 05:38:10 PM »
Agree with WLM - Smith had a good game.  We looked a better side than Weymouth.  Football throws up bad patches where a team can miss a penalty, then give one away.  Iím still sure we can hold our own in this league.  McAuley was  decent until he hit his own bad patch.  King looked good, but had no attacking midfielders with him, so that meant nothing for Southwell and Marriott to use consistently.  Itíll come though, as long as no one starts falling out !  Weymouth looked ordinary, and Maidenhead are certainly showing how well we did there !  Chins Up !!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »
Who, on Twitter, decides which four players should be put forward for the MoM vote - I thought it was Clunan but he even wasn't short listed
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 06:27:43 PM »
Was really pleased with the way we was playing , Even  when behind I felt we had enough to draw or win the game but Rory Rory Rory why ? We was on top looking good defensive and attack and then red mist I know itís passion etc but our discipline could cost us like today clunan booking pointless ( didnít learn after guiseley) same as Richards  both having good games . On wards upwards but the bus home could of been so different  :scarf:

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 06:44:03 PM »
We lost again, but we still love Lynn. We will learn,develop and improve as the season goes on.

mrzanussi

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 06:58:26 PM »
Not sure why the Weymouth keeper had to act up before spot kick and why the steward had to stand behind goal. Must of been off putting to Marriott. When Weymouth took their pen steward stood well out of way

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 08:27:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Qxe-E6P88

Comments from EDP reporters Chris Lakey

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 10:39:18 AM »
Was there a post match interview done from yesterday ?   Normally itís up by now.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:28 PM »
Was there a post match interview done from yesterday ?   Normally itís up by now.

When Bev Asher did last weeks interview, wasn't something said about BT's requirement for post match interviews?

Is there a news black out from the Club at the moment? I've not seen anything posted since Marks rather cryptic post at 2.30 yesterday.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2020, 12:21:21 PM »
Was that a cryptic comment from Mark Hearle ?  I just assumed he had quit or got rid of.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2020, 12:31:23 PM »
He could have meant he had just finished his dinner!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2020, 01:52:47 PM »
Was that a cryptic comment from Mark Hearle ?  I just assumed he had quit or got rid of.

What was said?