Author Topic: Away vs Weymouth (17th October)  (Read 2690 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Away vs Weymouth (17th October)
« on: October 15, 2020, 01:42:20 PM »
Away from the FA Cup draw, we are in action at the weekend down on the south coast against fellow promoted Weymouth.

Seems to be debate around the keeper spot, personally I would stick with Mair as I think the problems over the past two games have been mainly down to those in front of him and the quality of the opposition we have faced.  Would love to see IC revert back to something more akin to what got us to the NL and look to play the ball through midfield so for me:

Mair
Jones, Smith, McAuley, Brown
    Clunan, Jarvis, Richards
           Carey, Kelly
             Marriott

Subs: Barrows, Barker, King, Southwell, Power

Dilligaf

• View Profile
Re: Away vs Weymouth (17th October)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 01:57:47 PM »
I just think it is sad at how easy a loyal and trusted GK in Alex Street has been dumped to the wayside. By IC and by some supporters.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 02:50:47 PM »
Thought it was a squad game.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 03:29:20 PM »
I just think it is sad at how easy a loyal and trusted GK in Alex Street has been dumped to the wayside. By IC and by some supporters.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Certainly not been dumped by me, and from what I've seen (poor defense in front of him or not), I'm yet to be convinced that Mair has proven that he offers anything more than Pedro can offer.

Good young keeper, and I do understand that its early days yet.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 04:01:07 PM »
Totally agree b&g
And yup GS you're right it's a squad game, totally agree,  let's hope norwich city are as amenable when it comes to their young GKs turn to sit out on the bench.... :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 04:05:52 PM »
Would prefer to always see a 2nd keeper on the bench.   So hopefully which ever keeper starts the other will get a spot on the bench.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 05:15:53 PM »

I don't see it as 'dumping' Street, just a case of selecting a team in the knowledge that it will always be harsh when you have two keepers who both have their positives and negatives and you can only pick one.  For me, I would like to see Mair given a run against a range of opposition to see how he goes as I don't think he has done too much wrong so far, certainly justified retaining his place more than some who will be picked for Saturday.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 11:27:27 PM »
Can see both sides here,  am surprised at ped dropped but then did IC see it tactically using muirs height against the likes of Rhead and co , we needed 2 keepers last season as I think peds had a lot of pressure all season and  injury to add  and some games he’d have a flappy 10 mins if he made a mistake.. still my No1 though ... In IC I trust   :scarf:

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 11:41:12 AM »
My team for Saturday would be
               Pedro
    Jones  Barrows McAuley Brown
     Power  Jarvis  Richards Carey
          Marriot.   Southwell

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 12:30:27 PM »

Same thing happened when Danny Gay came here. Glad he left, possibly under a cloud, as he was supposedly a bad influence in the Changing Room.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2020, 01:15:38 PM »
Same thing happened when Danny Gay came here. Glad he left, possibly under a cloud, as he was supposedly a bad influence in the Changing Room.
I thought that was Trevor Saunders. Perhaps it was both of them  :dontknow:
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2020, 10:17:08 AM »
So our team beat the team who beat Wrexham away.  That makes us capable of doing well in this league.  I maintain that we need one/possibly two slippery nipsters, but, until then we’ll be OK if we play on the ground to create chances. 
Dilly’s team for Weymouth....  Street;  Jones McAuley,Smith,Brown;  Barrows/Clunan;  Richards,Carey,King/Kelly,Power; Southwell/Marriott.   Subs: Mair, Barrows/Clunan, King/Kelly, Southwell/Marriott, Loza.  Choices depending on fitness.   Weymouth have Very well-appointed ground. .....And a real pity about the Notts County tie being behind closed doors, and the big crowds I believe we would be getting.In many games.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »
Not much wrong with Mr Hill's team:
                   Pedro
    Jones  Barrows McAuley Brown
     Power  Jarvis  Richards Carey
          Marriot.   Southwell

Like Malcolm, I would have Pedro back between the sticks and bring Ross Barrows in to replace Chris Smith. Resting Michael Clunan for Notts C game seems a good idea.

On my Subs Bench I would have Archie Mair, Ryan Hawkins, Sam Kelly, Jamar Loza, Tai Fleming. The 3 players I could see coming off would be Adam Marriott, Ryan Jarvis and Aaron Jones.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2020, 05:01:23 PM »
Goodness, what a poor run of 3 games !
These games against teams that have come up are games Lynn have to get something from if they are to stay in this league......what an appalling last 10/15 minutes......miss a pen, get sent off for indiscipline, give a handball and the game away and then have 3 more booked...dear oh dear oh dear.. ...

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »
Someone said on feed last week...let's hope culverhouse is up for a fight....cos it sure looks like hes gonna need to be :dontknow: